Documents & Reports:
(November 2019, ISBN: 978-1-6231-37816, pdf, 97p.): click here! Summary (Dec 17): click here!
- "Military Ethics of Fighting Terror: Principles," Asa KASHER & Amos YADLIN (January 2006, Philosophia 34(1):75-84): click here!
The purpose of the present document is to briefly present principles that constitute a new doctrine within the sphere of Military Ethics: The Just War Doctrine of Fighting Terror. The doctrine has been developed by a team we have headed at the Israel Defense Force (IDF) College of National Defense. However, the work has been done on the general levels of moral, ethical and legal considerations that should guide a democratic state when it faces terrorist activities committed against its citizens. Accordingly, the proposed principles are meant to be justified and practically applicable under any parallel circumstances. Moreover, those principles are intended to be universal in the sense that the justification of none of them rests on any particular stance with respect to the desired solution of the conflict under consideration.
- "In the Case of the Palestinian People vs. Military Courts" (Addameer, 2021, pdf, 26p.): click here!
Over 72 years, Israel, as the Occupying Power, has established a full apartheid apparatus to suppress, control and delegitimize the Palestinian people. The military regime in the occupied Palestinian territory exercises legislative, executive and judicial powers that have been a forceful tool in carrying out the Israeli occupation’s racist and unjust policies. As part of the military judicial system, Israeli military courts prosecute Palestinian civilians based on Israeli military orders issued by the Israeli military commander in the West Bank (and previously for Gaza), who acts as the supreme law-making power in the occupied territory. These military orders have criminalized the exercise of many fundamental rights by Palestinians, as guaranteed under international human rights and international humanitarian law.
- "Israëlische Apartheid: Drie Basisteksten" (Nederlands Palestina Komitee 2021, pdf, 60p., 8 Engelstalige bijlagen): click here!
Ontwikkelingen op de grond – de stelsel-matige kolonisatie door Israel van de Palestijnse leefomgeving in combinatie met ambitieuze annexatieplannen, het voortduren van de bezetting (inmiddels ruim een halve eeuw), het einde van de zogenaamde ‘twee staten-oplossing’ en de invoering van de Basiswet op de Joodse Natie-Staat – hebben de discussie over toekomstige politieke verhoudingen in Israel/Palestina nieuwe impulsen gegeven.
- "A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid" (B'TSELEM, Jan 12, 2021, pdf, 8p.): click here!
More than 14 million people, roughly half of them Jews and the other half Palestinians, live between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea under a single rule. The common perception in public, political, legal and media discourse is that two separate regimes operate side by side in this area, separated by the Green Line.
- Omar BARGHOUTI, “Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions. Globalized Palestinian Resistance to Israel's Settler Colonialism and Apartheid” (Institute for Palestine Studies-USA, Current Issues, December 2020, pdf, 42p.): click here!
IN AN ERA when the cause of Palestine has suffered multiple setbacks, and when the Palestinian national movement is at a low point of disunity and strategic incoherence, it is heartening that an initiative launched by Palestinian civil society has achieved resounding global success in the face of fierce opposition by the Israeli state and its supporters.
- "ISOLATED AND ALONE: Palestinian children held in solitary confinement by Israeli authorities for interrogation" (Defense for Children International, Dec 2020, pdf, 82p.): click here! .
Between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2019, Defense for Children International - Palestine (DCIP) documented 108 cases in which Palestinian children arrested by the Israeli military were held in isolation for two or more days during the interrogation period. The average duration of isolation in this data set was 14.3 days. Nearly 40 percent, 43 children, endured a prolonged period of isolation of 16 or more days. While mainly studying adult prisoner populations, numerous scientific sources indicate that after 15 days “some of the harmful psychological effects of isolation can become irreversible.”
- "A LIFE EXPOSED. Military invasions of Palestinian homes in the West Bank" (Yesh Din, Nov 2020, pdf, 104p.): click here! . Executive Summary (pdf, 7p.).
This report is the product of a joint project by Yesh Din, Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI) and Breaking the Silence. Most of us feel safe in our homes. As night falls, we turn out the lights, close the doors and gather inside with our families, safe in the knowledge that within our four walls, we are protected from the world outside...
- "The Torture and Abuse of Children Fleeing Gaza's Humanitarian Catastrophe" (Al Mezan Center for Human Rights, Oct 26, 2020): click here!
The deterioration of the socioeconomic conditions in the Gaza Strip due to Israel’s unilateral imposition of 13 years of closure and blockade has led an alarming number of child residents to undertake dangerous emigration routes out of the Strip in search of better living conditions and the chance at a dignified life. Al Mezan’s reporting shows that a sense of desperation is leading children to risk their lives by attempting to cross the Israeli-implemented and enforced buffer zone. This report focuses on the arrest and abuse of those children, in particular 91 child victims who tried to cross the perimeter fence into Israel between 2015-2019.
- Jehad HARB, "Thirteen Years After the West Bank-Gaza Strip Split: Phased Policy Alternatives Between Reunification and Separation" (PSR, Critical Policy Brief, Number 4/2020, July 2020, pdf, 9p.): click here!
On July 2, 2020, Jibril Rajoub, member of the Fatah Central Committee, and Saleh Al-Arouri, deputy head of the Hamas political bureau, held a joint press conference to announce joint plans to confront the Israeli annexation plan. The joint statement issued by the two men comes after a rift of more than two years. The statement did not refer to a vision of how to end the split and restore unity after thirteen years of internal Palestinian division. The ability of this meeting and subsequent dialogue to bridge differences between the two sides is unclear. The solutions proposed since the 2011 Cairo Agreement to restore unity have failed to reach the intended goal, in part because of their ambitious goal of restoring full reunification.
- "Fact Sheet: The Situation of Rural Women in the Gaza Strip" (Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights, Oct 2020, pdf, 10p.): click here!
Peasant and other rural Palestinian womenin the Gaza Strip play a major role in the economic survival of their families and in the comprehensive development of their communities. Increasingly, however, their ability to fully pursue and participate in agricultural activity and enjoy their economic, social and cultural rights, including those enshrined in the Declaration on the Rights of Peasants (UNDROP) and Palestinian law, has been substantially hindered. This is due to Israel’s ongoing 14-year closure and blockade, repeated military bombardments, and Israel’s unilaterally imposed maritime and land buffer zone, also referred to as “access-restricted areas”. In addition, some intra-Palestinian factors have, to a lesser extent, stifled rural women’s attempts to attain self-sufficiency or independence. The number of peasant women in Gaza, who are also referred to as ‘rural women’, working permanently or temporarily and with or withouta salary, was last estimated at 6,425 in 2010.
- Halah AHMAD, "Tourism in Service of Occupation and Annexation" (Al-Shabaka Policy Brief, October 2020, pdf, 7p.): click here!
Tourism has been critical to the Zionist enterprise since the first Zionists settled Palestine. Al-Shabaka policy analyst Halah Ahmad explores the role of tourism, and especially religious tourism, in propagating the Zionist and Israeli-state narratives, focusing on the damaging impacts of Israeli settlement tourism in illegally occupied Palestinian land. She offers recommendations for ethical tourism that promotes Palestinian rights to self-determination.
- European Council on Foreign Relations: "Mapping Palestinian Politics" (Update 29 maart 2020, pdf, 76p.): click here!
Mapping Palestinian Politics provides an interactive overview of the main Palestinian political institutions and players in Palestine, Israel, and the diaspora. Its goal is to provide an easy-to-use, scene-setting resource for researchers, journalists, andpolicymakers ahead of significant transformations to the Palestinian political order centred around the anticipated departure of Mahmoud Abbas in the near term.
- HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH: "Born Without Civil Rights. Israel’s Use of Draconian Military Orders to Repress Palestinians in the West Bank"
The Israeli army has deprived generations of Palestinians in the West Bank of their basic civil rights, including the rights to free assembly, association and expression, regularly drawing on military orders issued in the first days of the occupation. Even if such restrictions could have been justified then to preserve public order and safety, the suspension of core rights more than half a century later with no end in sight violates Israel’s core responsibilities under the law of occupation.
“TEAR GAS: AN INVESTIGATION. What it is, how it is abused and why you should care ” (Amnesty International, 2020): click here!
We are led to believe tear gas is a safe method of dispersing participants of violent protests. Today, it is a part of many security forces’ arsenal of less-lethal equipment – weapons that are alternatives to firearms. These weapons are called less-lethal rather than non-lethal as, although they are not designed to kill, there is still the possibility of lethal effect. The availability of tear gas can mean police avoid having to resort to the use of more harmful weapons. But in practice police forces use tear gas in ways that it was never intended to be used, often in large quantities against largely peaceful protesters or by firing projectiles directly at people.
Report: “Gaza, The Dead-Zone. How life in the Gaza Strip changed over 14 years of Israel's strangling blockade” (Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, January 2020, pdf, 46p.): click here!
The Report presents overwhelming evidence of the prolonged and unlawful victimization of the civilian population of the Gaza Strip, which has intensified greatly since Israel imposed a land, sea, and air blockade in 2007. This unlawful and comprehensive block-ade has entrapped the Gazan people ever since it was established is a particularly severe and cruel form of collective punishment, which is a flagrant and continuing criminal wrong. Introduction by Richard Falk.
"EU and Israel – The Case Of Complicity” (ECCP, Dec 10, 2019, pdf, 12p.): click here!
For many years European and Palestinian civil society and human rights organisations have been raising concerns over EU taxpayers’ money being channelled to Israeli companies and institutions accused of war crimes and involved in violations of international law and human rights.
"The European Legal Support Center (ELSC)" (The Rights Forum, pdf, 3p.): click here!
Contact: The European Legal Support Center (ELSC) is an independent, non-governmental initiative dedicated to protecting the fundamental rights to freedom of expression and assembly of those who speak out and take peaceful action in Europe for justice and freedom of the Palestinian people. The ELSC is a joint initiative of Palestinian civil society, The Rights Forum in the Netherlands and European jurists. It is based in Amsterdam and will become operational in early 2019.
"ADDAMEER Annual Violations Report 2018" (pdf, 98p.): click here!
In 2018, the Israeli occupation authorities continued implementing their main policy to enshrine the apartheid and racism regime against Palestinians, this policy is integrated within its laws, judiciary and practices...
"Report of the independent international commission of inquiry on the protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory" (UN Human Rights Council, 40th session, 25 February-22 March 2019, Agenda item 7, Human rights situation in Palestine and other occupied Arab territories, pdf, 22p.): click here!
In the present report, submitted pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution S-28/1,the independent international commission of inquiry investigates the demonstrations held in Gaza between 30 March and 31 December 2018, the response of Israeli security forces to the demonstrations and the impact on civilians in Gaza and Israel.
"Report: "Submission to the UN Commission of Inquiry on the 2018 protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory concerning unlawful killing and use of excessive force by Israeli forces against Palestinian children" (Jan 11, 2019, pdf, 60p.): click here!
Submitted by Defense for Children International - Palestine (DCI-P) & Human Rights and Gender Justice Law Clinic, City University of New York School of Law. E.g. p. 30ss.: "V. International Law violations: A. Human Rights violations, B. International crimes (p. 41ss.): 1. Crimes against Humanity; 2. War crimes (p.49): a. War crime of wilful killing (p.51); b. War crime of wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury (p.52); c. War crime of intentionally directing attacks against civilians (p.53); d. War crime of excessive incidental death, injury, or damage (p. 54).
ADDAMEER: "Annual Violations Report 2017 - Violations of Palestinian Prisoners’ Rights in Israeli Prisons 2017" (17 April, 2018, 76p.): click here!
This report examines the violations committed by the Israeli occupation forces and the Israeli Prison Services (IPS) against Palestinians prisoners and detainees throughout the different stages of their arrest and detention in 2017, including collective punishment cases, extrajudicial killings and the violations against women, children, and administrative detainees.
"A Lab and a Showroom. The Israeli Military Industries and the Oppression of the Great March of Return in Gaza" (Hamushim, June 2018, 13p., pdf): click here!
"Doing Business with the Occupation. Economic and Financial Relationships of Foreign Companies with Israel’s Settlement Enterprise" (11.11.11 & CNCD, 2018, 99p., pdf): click here!
"Cops and Robbers. A Report on the Distribution of Israeli Police Stations Throughout the West Bank" (Kerem Navot, pdf, 12p.): click here!
"Understanding Antisemitism: An Offering To Our Movement" (Jews For Racial & Economic Justice, Nov 2017, pdf, 44 p.): click here!
MAP Report: "Health Care under Occupation." Report by MAP (Medical Aid for Palestinians), Sept 2017, pdf, 40 p.): click here!
Irène STEINERT: "De geschiedenis van de Palestijnse Bedoeïenen in de Negev-Naqab in vogelvlucht" (Een Ander Joods Geluid, 24 mei 2017, pdf, 14 blz.): click here!
BADIL: "Forced Population Transfer: The Case of Palestine, Working Paper No. 18: Installment of a Permit regime" (Badil, Dec 2015, pdf, 88p.): click here!
"Unprotected: The Detention of Palestinian Teenagers in East Jerusalem." Joint report by HaMoked and B'Tselem, October 2017, pdf, 38p.: click here!
Transnational Institute & Statewatch, “MARKET FORCES. THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE EU SECURITY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX" (September 2017, pdf, 90p.): click here!
Omar DAJANI & Hugh LOVATT, “Rethinking Oslo: How Europe can promote peace in Israel-Palestine" (European Council on Foreign Relations, July, 2017, pdf, 16p.): click here!
The Oslo Accords have provided Israel with effective political cover to maintain a prolonged occupation and undermine prospects for Palestinian self-determination through a twostate solution.
"Hasbara Handbook: Promoting Israel on Campus" (The World Union of Jewish Students, 2002, 131p.): click here!
"Combating anti-semitism. European Parliament resolution of 1 June 2017 on combating anti-Semitism (2017/2692(RSP))": click here!
"Les pratiques israéliennes à l’égard du peuple palestinien et la question de l’apartheid - traduction française du rapport de la Commission économique et sociale pour l’Asie occidentale (CESAO) des Nations Unies" (AURDIP, 62p.): click here!
Nathan THRALL: "Israel-Palestine: the real reason there’s still no peace ". (The Guardian, Long Read, May 16, 2016): click here!
The possibility of a lasting deal seems as far away as ever – and the history of failed negotiations suggests it’s largely because Israel prefers the status quo.
""Report ”The Concrete Ceiling”: Women in Gaza on the impact of the closure on women in the workforce"" (Gisha - Legal Center for Freedom of Movement, March 2017, 16p.): click here!
"Palestine and the Israeli Occupation, Issue No. 1: Israeli Practices towards the Palestinian People and the Question of Apartheid, Executive Summary" (Unescwa.org, 2017, pdf, 6p., removed but saved on bacbi!): click here!
This report concludes that Israel has established an apartheid regime that dominates the Palestinian people as a whole. Aware of the seriousness of this allegation, the authors of the report conclude that available evidence establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that Israel is guilty of policies and practices that constitute the crime of apartheid as legally defined in instruments of international law.
"Israeli Practices towards the Palestinian. People and the Question of Apartheid" (UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, Palestine and the Israeli Occupation, Issue No. 1, Beirut 2017, 74p., removed but saved on bacbi!): click here!
This report establishes, on the basis of scholarly inquiry and overwhelming evidence, that Israel is guilty of the crime of apartheid. However, only a ruling by an international tribunal in that sense would make such an assessment truly authoritative... 4. National Governments should support boycott, divestment and sanctions activities and respond positively to calls for such initiatives.
"Poll Summary: Palestinian-Israeli Pulse: A Joint Poll" (Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research,Feb 16, 2017): click here!
"Israel: New Discriminatory and Anti-Democratic Legislation, September 2016" (Adalah, 24 Sept 2016): click here!
"Resolution 2334 (2016) Adopted by the Security Council at its 7853rd meeting, on 23 December 2016" (UN Security Council, 23 Dec, 2016): click here!
Ben EHRENREICH: "Life and death in Palestine". (The Guardian, Long Read, August 9, 2016): click here!
The people of Hebron, the largest city in the West Bank, live hemmed in by Israeli checkpoints and guns. For some, they have proved fatal.
"Forced Population Transfer: The Case of the Old City of Hebron". BADIL - Resource Center for Palestinian Residency & Refugee Right (Augustus 2016, pdf, 100p.): click here!
Rapport "Collapsing Prospects". Palestijnen in Area C, Westelijke Jordaanoever Een rapport van het Nederlandse multidisciplinaire Expert Team over de situatie van de Palestijnse bevolking in Area C onder Israëlische bezetting (in opdracht van gate48, juni 2016, pdf, 56p.): click here!
"Quartet Releases Report on Impasse in Israeli-Palestinian Peace: 'Two-state Solution in Danger'" (Haaretz, July 1, 2016): click here!
"Induced Desperation: The Psychological Torture of Administrative Detention" (Addameer, 26 June 2016, pdf, 7p.): click here!
Human-Med Monitor: "Squandered Aid: Israel’s repetitive destruction of EU-funded projects in Palestine." Report, June 2016, pdf, 20p.: click here!
"IHRA Working-definition of anti-Semitism" (Bucharest, May 26, 2016): click here! .
"Arab and Asian Business, the United Nations and G4S: A spotlight on business relations undermining respect of IHL and human rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territory" A Briefing Note of the Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) National Committee to the Asia Regional Business and Human Rights Forum, Doha, April 2016 (BNC, April 2016, 7p.): click here!
Report: "Private Security companies and the Israeli Occupation" (Who Profits, January 2016): click here. For the full report (pdf, 48p.): click here!
Report: "Lethal in Disguise. The Health Consequences of Crowd-Control Weapons" (Physicians for Human Rights, March 2016): click here. For the full report (pdf, 53p.): click here!
Report: "Israel's Religiously Divided Society". Deep gulfs among Jews as well as between Jews and Arabs, over political values and religion' role in public life. Pews Research Center, March 8, 2016 (pdf, 237p.): click here!
"Israel: New Discriminatory and Anti-Democratic Legislation". Adalah - The Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel. Issued 1 March 2016" (pdf, 6 p.): click here!
Report: "The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US". Documents for the first time the widespread and growing suppression of Palestinian human rights advocacy in the United States (Palestine Legal & Center for Constitutional Rights, Sept 2015, 124 p.): click here!
"THE GAZA STRIP: THE LONG TERM IMPACT OF THE 2014 HOSTILITIES ON WOMEN AND GIRLS". Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Factsheet December 2015 (pdf, 2 p.): click here!
Sherna BERGER GLUCK (ed.): "Impediments to Education in the Occupied Palestinian Territories". Introduction by Sa'ed Atshan. A publication of the Palestine-Israel Working Group of Historians Against the War (HAW), September 2015 (pdf, 34 p.): click here!
David PALUMBO-LIU: "Not so Much Anti-Boycott as Pro-Israel". (symploke, Volume 23, Numbers 1-2, 2015, pp. 425-457 (Review). Review of Cary Nelson and Gabriel Noah Brahm, eds., "The Case Against Academic Boycotts of Israel", Chicago and New York: MLA Members for Scholars’ Rights, 2015; 552 pp. Pdf, 34 p.: click here!
Anthony LÖWSTEDT: "Apartheid - Ancient, Past, and Present". Gross, Racist, Human Rights Violations in Graeco-Roman Egypt, South Africa, Israel/Palestine and Beyond. With a Foreword by Ilan Pappe, and a Postscript by Richard A. Falk. Wien: Gesellschaft für Phänomenologie und kritische Anthropologie, September 6, 2014. Free e-Book, 514p. Download: click here! Foreword by Ilan Pappe (Medium): click here!
Amine AIT-CHAALAL: "La question israélo-palestinienne et le partenariat euro-méditerranéen : Chronique d’un échec annoncé ?" (Note d'Analyse du GRIP - GROUPE DE RECHERCHE ET D’INFORMATION SUR LA PAIX ET LA SÉCURITÉ, 9 décembre 2015, pdf): click here!
"Israel’s Worldwide Role in Repression" (International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network, 2012, 28 p., pdf): click here!
"Le boycott académique d'Israël". Contexte politique et fondements d’un appel issu de la société civile palestinienne. (Association Belgo-Palestinienne, novembre 2015, 16 p., pdf) : cliquez ici!
"Israel’s Arbitrary Killings and its System of Structural Violence" (Euro-Med Monitor for Human Rights, Brief Report, October 2015, 6 p., pdf) : click here!
Israeli forces have used excessive force and committed arbitrary killings in the Palestinian territories for years. That trend escalated during the past few weeks, as Israeli soldiers deployed to the West Bank and Jerusalem used firearms against Palestinians suspected of involvement in attacks, as well as those
Report: "AAA Taskforce on Engagement with Israel/Palestine" (American Anthropological Association, October 1, 2015, 130p., pdf) : click here!
Recent years have seen increasing pressure in the American Anthropological Association (AAA) and many other professional academic associations to discuss alleged Israeli violations of academic freedom and human rights, and to move toward sanctioning Israel. More than 1,100 anthropologists, many of whom are AAA members, have now signed a petition asking the AAA
to undertake a boycott of Israel. This particular position, along with the perspectives of others encouraged AAA to consider how it might best engage with the issues the situation in Israel/Palestine raises.
"Palestine: Common Context Analysis (CCA)" Report VLIR/UOS, October 2015, pdf, 85p.: click here!
Report: "The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US" (Palestine Legal & Center for Constitutional Rights, September 2015, 124p., pdf) : click here! The report documents for the first time the widespread and growing suppression of Palestinian human rights advocacy in the United States. For an "executive summary": click here!
Over the last decade, a dynamic movement in support of Palestinian human rights, particularly active in US colleges and universities, has helped raise public awareness regarding the Israeli government’s violations of international law, as well as the role of corporations and the US government in facilitating these abuses. This activism, fueled by Israel’s increasingly destructive assaults on Gaza, presents a robust and sustainable challenge to the longstanding orthodoxy in the United States that excuses, justifies, and otherwise supports discriminatory Israeli government policies. Fearful of a shift in domestic public opinion, Israel’s fiercest defenders in the United States — a network of advocacy organizations, public relations firms, and think tanks — have intensified their efforts to stifle criticism of Israeli government policies.
Amnesty International Public Statement: "Israel/OPT: Evidence indicates West Bank killing was extrajudicial execution" (25 September 2015, 4p., pdf) : click here!
Israeli soldiers shot and mortally wounded 18-year-old Hadeel al-Hashlamoun after they stopped her at a checkpoint in the Old City in Hebron. Pictures of the stand-off that led to her death and accounts by eyewitnesses interviewed by Amnesty International show that she at no time posed a sufficient threat to the soldiers to make their use of deliberate lethal force permissible. This killing is the latest in a long line of unlawful killings carried out by the Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank with near total impunity.
David Gerald FINCHAM: "The hidden documents that reveal the true borders of Israel and Palestine (Updated)": click here!
I once believed that Israel has never defined its borders. It was one of those things that “everyone knows”. I was corrected by the blogger talknic.
"UNDER THREAT: Demolition Orders in Area C of the West Bank". Report UN-OCHAoPt (Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs occupied Palestinian territory, www.ochaopt.org), 15p., pdf : click here!
Official data released by the Israeli authorities indicate that over 11,000 demolition orders affecting an estimated 13,000 Palestinian-owned structures, including homes, are currently ‘outstanding’ in Area C of the West Bank. These orders heighten the vulnerability of thousands of poor Palestinian households, some of whom are at imminent risk of forcible displacement.
Report on UNCTAD assistance to the Palestinian people: Developments in the economy of the Occupied Palestinian
Territory" "Occupied Palestinian Territory slides into recession, Gaza becoming uninhabitable" (Trade and Development Board: Sixty-second session, Geneva, 14–25 September 2015, pdf): click here! (summary: click here!
Zahra BHAIWALA: "Health Under Occupation: Constraints on access to healthcare in the Palestinian Territories" (Mondoweiss, August 14, 2015): click here!
David PALUMBO-LIO: "Palestinian children have suffered disproportionately as a result of the Israeli Occupation". "Human rights organizations report systemic abuse of children by Israeli security forces. Here's how to address it" (Salon, July 29, 2015): click here!
Hugh LOVATT and Mattia TOALDO: "Eu Differentiation and Israeli Settlements" (European Council on Foreign Relations, July 2015, pdf, 12p.): click here .
Human Rights Watch Report: "Israel: Security Forces Abuse Palestinian Children. Chokeholds, Beatings, Coercive Interrogations" (July 19, 2015): click here!
"Standing idly by. IDF soldiers' inaction in the face of offenses perpetrated by Israelis against Palestinians in the West Bank" (Yesh Din - Volunteers for Human Rights, May 2015, pdf, 96 p.): click here!
Rapport: "Les universités palestiniennes sous l’occupation", 1er juillet 2015 |AURDIP. Ce rapport a été préparé par une délégation de 8 universitaires de 5 pays européens représentant la Plateforme européenne pour le boycott académique et culturel d’Israël (EPACBI). La délégation a visité sept universités et académies palestiniennes en avril 2015: click here!
OCHA Report, July 2015: "The Humanitarian Impact of the Blockade". Gaza One Year On: Marking One Year since the 2014 Escalation of Hostilities (with the full report accessible): click here!
"Arming Apartheid. UK complicity in Israel’s crimes against the Palestinian people" (War on Want, July 2015, pdf, 24 p.): click here!
Report: 90% of Palestinian prisoners suffer continuous, systematic torture in Israeli jails (Middle East Monitor, June 26, 2015): click here!
The United Nations Independent Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict: Report - A/HRC/29/52 (Advance edited version, 34p., doc.): click here!
European Report: "Israel Targets the Palestinian Academicians" (Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, 13 Feb 2012): click here.
EEPG (European Eminent Persons Group on Middle East issues): "A new EU approach to resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict" (May 11, 2015, 5p.): click here .
UNICEF: "Children in Israeli Military Detention. Observations and Recommendations" (UNICEF, Bulletin Nr. 2, February 2015, 16p.): click here .
UNICEF: "Children in Israeli Military Detention. Observations and Recommendations" (UNICEF, February 2013, 28p.): click here .
"Le boycott universitaire" (Campagne BDS France): click here.
"Le dossier du boycott universitaire contre Israël" (Alternative Information Center), pdf, 16p.: click here .
"THE BUSINESS OF BACKLASH: The Attack on the Palestinian Movement and Other Movements for Justice" (IJAN, International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network), executive summary, pdf, 15p.: click here .
"Why Boycott Israeli Universities" (BRICUP, first published April 2007), pdf, 40p.: click here .
"Supporting Israeli apartheid: EU funding for Elbit Systems" (stopthewal.org), pdf, 11p.: click here .
"Academic Boycott of Israel and the Complicity of Israeli Academic Institutions in Occupation of Palestinian Territories" (in: The Economy of the Occupation, A Socioeconomic Bulletin, No 23, October 2009, published by the Alternative Information Center), pdf, 64p.: click here .
B'Tselem Report, January 2015: "Black Flag: The legal and moral implications of the policy of attacking residential buildings in the Gaza Strip Summer 2014" (B'Tselem, The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, 49 p.): click here .
UNESCO Report: "Rapid Assessment of Higher Education
Institutions in Gaza. Data Analysis Report" (examines the material, human and educational damage sustained by 26 higher education institutions (HEIs) in Gaza during 50 days of conflict between 7 July and 26 August 2014), 50 p.: click here . Briefing paper (4 p.): click here .
Report "Divide and Conquer - Inequality in Health". (Report by Physicians for Human Rights - Israel, January 2015, 47 p.): click here . Voor een bespreking: Adri NIEUWHOF: "Ten-year gap between Palestinian and Israeli life expectancy: report" (The Electronic Intifada, 24 January 2015): click here .
"Rapport AI: "Des familles sous les décombres. Les attaques israéliennes contre des habitations". (Amnesty International 2014, pdf, 54 p.): click here . Voor een samenvatting, "Nulle part où fuir et où trouver sécurité et justice": click here .
"Report: EU obligations and duty to end Israeli policies of Forced Transfer, Colonialism and Apartheid in Occupied East Jerusalem". (European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine, September 2014, pdf, 42 p.): click here ; voor een samenvatting: click here .
Katarzyna Lemanska: "Les liens entre la Belgique et l’occupation israélienne". (août 2014, 89p.): click here . Nederlandstalige samenvatting: "De banden tussen België en de Israëlische bezetting" (7 blz.): click here .
"Israëlische nederzettingen: struikelblok voor de vrede". 11.11.11 (19 mei 2014): click here ; voor een samenvatting: click here .
"Onrecht tijdens de vredesonderhandelingen (augustus 2013 - april 2014)". Op het The Rights Forum, Voor een rechtvaardig Midden-Oosten beleid: click here .
"'Trigger Happy' - Israeli army and police use reckless force in the West Bank". Amnesty International Report, 87 pp., pdf: click here . Presentatie: Amnesty International, February 27, 2014: click here .
Joel BEININ & Lisa HAJJAR: "Palestine, Israel and the Arab-Israeli Conflict" (MERIP, primer, rev. ed., February 2014, 16 p.), pdf: click here .
Omar BARGHOUTI: "Boycott, Academic Freedom, and the Moral Responsibility to Uphold Human Rights" (AAUP, Journal of Academic Freedom, 2013, 8 p.), pdf: click here .
"Not enough water in the West Bank?" (Middle East Children's Alliance, 22 March 2013), pdf: click here .
"UNICEF - Children in israeli Military detention. Observations and Recommendations" (February 2013), pdf, 28p.: click here .
"Trading Away Peace: How Europe Helps Sustain Illegal Israeli Settlements". The report reveals that the EU imports approximately fifteen times more from the illegal settlements than from the Palestinians themselves. This report is produced by the following organisations: 1. Aprodev; 2. Broederlijk Delen (Belgium); 3. Caabu (UK); 4. CCFD - Terre Solidaire (France); 5. Christian Aid (UK and Ireland); 6. Church of Sweden; 7. Cordaid (Netherlands); 8. DanChurchAid (Denmark); 9. Diakonia (Sweden); 10. FinnChurchAid (Finland); 11. ICCO (Netherlands); 12. IKV Pax Christi (Netherlands); 13. International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH); 14. Medical Aid for Palestinians (UK); 15. Medico International (Germany); 16. Medico International Switzerland; 17. The Methodist Church in Britain; 18. Norwegian People’s Aid; 19. Norwegian Church Aid; 20. Quaker Council for European Affairs; 21. Quaker Peace and Social Witness (UK); 22. Trocaire (Ireland). For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Published October 2012. For the full report (pdf, 19 pp.) click here .
"New WCLAC report – Women’s Voices: Glimpses of Life Under Occupation" (Women's Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling, 16 October 2012). The report seeks to illustrate some of the day-to-day challenges faced by Palestinians living under prolonged military occupation through the eyes of ordinary women who struggle, on a daily basis, to cope with an extraordinary situation.. The full report on WCLAC .
"Report of the Special Rapporteur [Richard Falk] on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967". United Nations, General Assemblee, 67th Session, 19 September 2012. The present report addresses Israel’s compliance with its obligations under international law in relation to its occupation of Palestinian territory. The Special Rapporteur focuses particular attention on the legal responsibility of business enterprises, corporations and non-State actors involved in activities relating to Israel’s settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory. The full report in English (pdf, 27 pp.).
"A Portrait of Israeli Jews. Beliefs, Observance, and Values of Israeli Jews, 2009". Survey conducted by the Guttman Center for Surveys of the Israel Democracy Institute for The AVI CHAI–Israel Foundation, 2012. Pdf, 122 p.: click here .
"Academic Boycott of Israel and the Complicity of Israeli Academic Institutions in Occupation of Palestinian Territories". United Nations, General Assemblee, 67th Session, 19 September 2012. The present report addresses Israel’s compliance with its obligations under international law in relation to its occupation of Palestinian territory. The Special Rapporteur focuses particular attention on the legal responsibility of business enterprises, corporations and non-State actors involved in activities relating to Israel’s settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory. The full report in English (pdf, 27 pp.).
Concluding observations of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination (CERD): Israel. Eightieth Session, 13 February–9 March 2012. Click here! (pdf, 9 pp.).
"Foul Play. Neglect of Wastewater Treatment in the West Bank" - June 2009. B'Tselem, 2009, pdf, 48p. Click here! Summary: "Foul Play, June 2009, Information Sheet": click here!
"Academic Freedom International Study - May 2009: 'Chapter Palestine,'" by James Cemmell. Publ. University and College Union, Education International, 2009, pdf, 23p. Click here!
Voor het archief click here!
- * Gideon LEVY: "A Brief History of Killing Children " Haaretz, Nov 20, 2021).
- Allison WEIR: "Israeli forces have killed 39 Palestinian men, women, & children since May" (Israel-Palestine News, Oct 19, 2021).
- "Israel settlers open fire on Palestine homes in West Bank" (Middle East Monitor, September 11, 2021).
- Gideon LEVY: "Yes, the Palestinian Prison Escapees Are Freedom Fighters” (Haaretz, Sept 9, 2021; archive.today).
- "Developing news: Six Palestinian political prisoners liberate themselves from colonial Israeli prison” (Samidoun, Sept 5, 2021).
- "Israeli troops kill Palestinian teen in West Bank clash” (Middle East Eye, July 24, 2021).
- Tamara NASSAR: "Israeli gunfire takes lives of two more Palestinian teens” (+972, July 15, 2021).
- Yuval ABRAHAM: "Joint militias: How settlers and soldiers teamed up to kill four Palestinians” (+972, July 15, 2021).
- "Palestinian boy loses eye after Israel soldiers shoot him” (Middle East Monitor, April 12, 2021).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "Palestinians Protested the Theft of Their Land. An Israeli Army Officer Shot One of Them in the Head” (Haaretz, March 26, 2021).
- "Israel to displace 1,550 Palestinians to build park in Jerusalem” (MEMo, March 18, 2021).
- "Reconstitution de l’exécution d’un Palestinien qui ne constituait aucune menace” (EuroPalestine, 27 février, 2021).
- Mairav ZONSZEIN: "Vaccination Under Occupation” (Jewish Currents, 12 Jan, 2021).
- Orly NOY: "Why B’Tselem is calling Israel an apartheid regime, from the river to the sea” (Mondoweiss, 12 Jan, 2021).
- "Deaf Palestinian man shot by Israeli soldiers dies of his wounds” (Israel Palestine News, Dec 11, 2020).
- "New Israeli ambassador in Britain describes Nakba as 'Arab lie'” (Middle East Monitor, Dec 8, 2020).
- "Israeli settlers flood Palestinian farmland with sewage” (Middle East Monitor, Oct 19, 2020).
- Ahmad MELHEM: "Family of Palestinian boy disfigured in 2015 firebomb attack still seeking justice” (Al-Monitor, Sept 20, 2020).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Palestinian child shot by Israel dies in detention.” (The Electronic Intifada, August 21, 2020).
- Yumna PATEL: "Young Palestinian woman killed by Israeli forces in Jenin.” 23-year-old Dalia Samoudi is the 24th Palestinian to be killed by Israeli forces in the occupied Palestinian territories this year (Mondoweiss, August 7, 2020).
- "Israeli Soldiers Demolish Under-Construction Covid-19 Testing Center in Hebron” (IMEMC, July 21 2020).
- "Mother of Slain Palestinian: “My Son Was A Child In A Man’s Body”" (IMEMC, June 31 2020).
- Sondos SALEH: "Mustafa Went to Tel Aviv for Hospital Tests. He Was Shot Dead" (Haaretz, May 19, 2020).
- Jonathan OFIR: "Slapping Israeli Apartheid — the sentencing of Yifat Doron" (Mondoweiss, May 15, 2020).
- "Israëlische politieman schiet Palestijnse jongen kogel in het gezicht" (The Rights Forum, 18 feb, 2020).
- Jonathan OFIR: "Getting away with murder: Why Israeli police left Bedouin teacher to bleed to death in 2017." Some murder cases are so full of lies, that every attempt to hide them from public view only brings more attention to the crime. Such is the case of the extrajudicial execution three years ago of Israeli Bedouin citizen Yaqub Mousa Abu al-Qia’an. (Mondoweiss, March 1, 2020).
- Amira HASS: "The Trump Plan’s Vision for the Palestinians: Israel’s Security Slave." Direct lines can be seen between the ‘deal of the century,’ the Oslo Accords and their fraudulent implementation, which led to the creation of separate Palestinian enclaves. (Haaretz, Jan 31, 2020).
- "B’Tselem: Israel soldiers ‘wantonly’ shoot Palestinian children" (Palestine Post24, Dec 18, 2019).
- "Lost count? Israel killed 43 Palestinians in November" (If Americans Knew, Dec 5, 2019).
- Jonathan COOK: "Israel prepares to turn Bedouin citizens into refugees in their own country" (Mondoweiss, Oct 16, 2019).
- A. Daniel ROTH: "Each morning brings the fear of losing everything" (+972, Aug 25, 2019).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "The Protest Dispersed. Then an Israeli Sniper Shot a 9-year-old Boy in the Head" (Haaretz, July 20, 2019, via IAK).
- Entsar ABU JAHAL: "Plenty of fish in Gaza sea, but not for Palestinians" (Al-Monitor, June 14, 2019).
- Myriam DEPREZ: "Susiya: The build-and-destroy dance of Israel’s demolitions" (Middle East Monitor, May 10, 2019).
- OCHA (oPt), Child labour increasing in Gaza" (OCHA - Monthly Humanitarian Bulletin, April 2019, May 14, 2019).
- Netta AHITUV, "Endless trip to hell': Israel jails hundreds of Palestinian boys a year. These are their testimonies" (Breaking the Silence via Haaretz, March 16, 2019).
- Tamara NASSAR: "Israel’s war on its Palestinian citizens" (The Internet Intifada, 26 Feb, 2019).
- Gideon LEVY: "In Land of Illegal Outposts and Hate Crimes, Another Palestinian Life Claimed" (Haaretz, Jan 27, 2019).
- "Report: Crimes against Humanity: Israel killed at least 45 Palestinian children in Gaza" (Ma'an News Agency, Jan 19, 2019).
- Yumna PATEL: "‘Waging War on Shufat’: Jerusalem municipality demolishes 21 businesses in East Jerusalem refugee camp" (Mondoweiss, Nov 22, 2018).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israeli soldier executed Gaza teen at close range: witness" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 13, 2018).
- "September 2018 report: 378 Palestinians arrested as Khader Adnan, Omran al-Khatib continue hunger strikes" (Samidoun, Oct 11, 2018).
- "Palestinians Protest Planned Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar" (Telesur, July 28, 2018).
- Yumna PATEL: "Israeli forces kill 15-year-old Palestinian in refugee camp raid" (Mondoweiss, July 23, 2018).
- Amira HASS: "Night raids and attack dogs: For West Bank Palestinians, their homes are not their castles" (Haaretz, June 17, 2018).
- Neve GORDON: "Gaza's Passover massacre" (Al-Jazeera, April 1, 2018)
- "Israel killed 3 Palestinian civilians, injured 500, in first half of March" (Middle East Monitor, March 16)
- Omar KARMI: “Gaza in a vice” (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 13, 2018).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: “Like a Safari: Israeli Troops in Jeeps Hunt a Palestinian Teen and Shoot Him in the Head” (Haaretz, Feb 9, 2018, now freely available via: If Americans Knew).
- Amira HASS: "On the Margins of the Murder”, (Haaretz, Nov 12, 2017): click here!
- "Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including 4 minors, in overnight raids" (Ma'an, March 29, 2017).
- Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017).
- "Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).
- Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).
- Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016).
- "A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016).
- "Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016).
- "Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).
- Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016).
- "Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).
- Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016).
- "After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).
- Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).
- Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).
- Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).
- Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).
- Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016).
- "Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016).
- "UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).
- Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." Geen gelijke kansen zonder evenwaardig onderwijs. Zo denkt de Arabisch-Israëlische professor Dalia Fadila er alleszins over. (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).
- Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).
- C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).
- Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).
- Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).
- Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).
- Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).
- Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).
- Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).
- Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).
- Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).
- Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).
- Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).
- Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015).
- "Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).
- Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015).
- "Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).
- Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).
- Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."
- Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).