- "On International Day of Education: Palestinians’ right to education must be guaranteed" (Al Mezan Center for Human Rights, press release, January 24, 2023): click here!
In the occupied Palestinian territory (OPT), the right to education is systematically violated by the Israeli authorities, whose apartheid policies against Palestinians affect key components of the educational process at all educational levels—ranging from attacks against students and teachers to destruction of premises and equipment.
- Awdah HATHALEEN: "In Masafer Yatta, teachers like me can’t guarantee our students an education" (+972, Nov 15, 2022): click here!
With schools facing demolition orders and soldiers detaining students and teachers for hours, obstacles to education are becoming insurmountable.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA: "Bedouin Children Fall Through Cracks Despite Israel's Compulsory Education Law" (Haaretz, Sept 30, 2022): click here!
Education Ministry and local governments blame overcrowding in Negev Bedouin preschools on late registration by parents and say the problem will soon be solved, but thousands of children are still deprived of a preschool education.
- "Israeli Soldiers Injure Schoolchildren, Teachers, In Hebron School" (IMEMC, Sept 29, 2022): click here!
On Thursday, Israeli soldiers invaded a Palestinian school in the southern area of Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, before attacking and injuring many schoolchildren and teachers..
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA: "Ministry Walks Back Demand for External Educators to Pledge to Uphold Nakba Law" (Haaretz, Sept 23, 2022): click here!
New wording applies criteria only to content of programs offered by outside providers, not the educators themselves.
- "PCHR Condemns Israeli Authorities’ Attempts to Impose Distorted Version of Curriculum in Occupied Jerusalem Schools" (IMEMC, Sept 21, 2022): click here!
- Zen AL TAHHAN: "Palestinian schools in Jerusalem strike over Israel-imposed books" (Haaretz, Sept 19, 2022): click here!
Hundreds of Palestinian schools strike in protest at Israeli efforts to impose censored Palestinian textbooks.
- Eitan NECHIN: "How Israelis Are Taught to Erase the Palestinians" (Haaretz, August 28, 2022): click here!
When Israel's education ministry ordered the removal of maps showing the 1967 borders from classrooms, it was the just the most recent blatant, dangerous, absurd attempt to erase the occupation – and the Palestinians.
- Or KASHTI: "Tel Aviv and the Israeli Government Spar Over School Maps Showing 1967 Borders" (Haaretz, August 23, 2022): click here!
The Tel Aviv municipality is spearheading a rare initiative: teaching students about the Green Line. But the Education Ministry is barring the use of maps depicting occupied territories, 'not even as a poster on the wall'.
- Ahmad MELHEM: "Israel revokes licenses of six schools in East Jerusalem" (Al-Monitor, August 12, 2022): click here!
Israeli Minister of Education Yifat Shasha-Biton revoked on July 28 the permanent operating licenses of six Palestinian schools in East Jerusalem, under the pretext that their curricula contain “dangerous incitement” against the Israeli government and army. The six schools will be granted a conditional one-year license to amend their curriculum or lose their license entirely.
- "Heads of Mission of the European Union and likeminded countries visit Ein Samiya School under imminent threat of demolition." The Office of the European Union Representative (West Bank and Gaza Strip, UNRWA, August 12, 2022): click here!
Heads of Mission of the European Union and likeminded countries together with the Ministry of Education visited Ein Samiya community near Ramallah in light of the imminent threat of demolition of a donor-funded school, which currently provides access to education for 17 children in Ein Samiya and neighbouring herder communities.
- "Israel Decides To Demolish A Palestinian School Near Ramallah" (IMEMC News, August 11, 2022): click here!
- Carrie KELLER-LYNN : "Reformers want schools to stop churning out Arabic students who can’t speak Arabic" (TOI, July 19, 2022): click here!
With a focus on formal rather than conversational Arabic, Israel’s high schools are ‘teaching a living language as if it were dead,’ says one critic pushing for changes.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA: "Israel Cites Nation-State Law to Block Educators From Refuting Its Jewish Nature" (Haaretz, June 6, 2022): click here!
Outside school program operators in Israel will have to sign 12 conditions in the bidding process, including vowing to not treat Independence Day as a 'day of mourning'.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA: "Israel's Education Ministry Includes anti-Nakba Clause in Tender" (Haaretz, April 14, 2022): click here!
The requirements, which also require that school program operations declare that their content doesn’t include statements negating Israel’s existence as a Jewish and democratic state, have been challenged in court.
- Or KASHTI: "Israeli Plan to Boost Coexistence in Schools Slammed for Not Tackling Racism " (Haaretz, April 3, 2022): click here!
Education Ministry panel's recommendations include expanding spoken Arabic studies, appointing a coexistence coordinator and holding field trips with schools of different backgrounds, but makes no mention of funding for these changes.
- Or KASHTI: "Israeli Military, Intel Agencies to Enlist High Schoolers for Weapon Development Program " (Haaretz, Jan 16, 2022): click here!
The full program, which appears to involve the development of autonomously guided weaponry, involves a 12-year commitment and experts warn against the use of children by the military.
- Or KASHTI: "Multi-billion Dollar Plan for Israeli-Arab Schools Includes Programs on Arab Identity, New Classrooms " (Haaretz, 2 Jan, 2022): click here!
It is difficult to remember when a strategic discussion similar to the one involved in developing the plan was conducted on Arab education in Israel.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA & Or KASHTI: "Anti-racism Training to Become Mandatory for New Israeli Teachers" (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2021): click here!
The training program will give Israel's future teachers the tools to engage their students with hot-button topics in Israeli society from various perspectives and tackle racism on campus.
- Or KASHTI: "Ignoring Court Ruling, Israel's Education Ministry Discriminates Against Pluralist Jewish Groups " (Haaretz, Nov 17, 2021): click here!
The ministry republished its decision to reduce support for pluralistic Jewish organizations’ activities in schools by tens of thousands of shekels, which was disqualified in April by the High Court of Justice.
- Or KASHTI: "Groundbreaking Arab College Opens Its Doors to Students – Without a Permit" (Haaretz, Nov 12, 2021): click here!
While other colleges in Israel have violated rules and introduced programs before acquiring necessary permits, opening an entire college without a permit is a new nadir and a criminal offense.
- Reem KHAMIS-DAKWAR: "The long and winding road for Palestinian educational equity in Israeli schools" (Haaretz, Oct 27, 2021): click here!
Palestinian students are forced to leave the mixed Israeli city of Nof Hagalil to attend school in nearby Nazareth. Why? Because local schools refuse to accommodate Arab students, which reflects the vision of local leaders -- a town devoid of an Arab population whatsoever.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA: "Arab Teachers’ in Israel Face Dilemma: Civics by the Book or Talk About the Nakba " (Haaretz, Oct 16, 2021): click here!
Some Arab teachers in Israel juggle the Zionist and Palestinian versions of history. Others just outright rebel.
- David KATTENBURG: "How Apartheid Israel stifles Palestinian education and scientific research" (Mondoweiss, Oct 8, 2021): click here!
An educated citizenry and advanced scientific research capacity are key drivers of sovereign national development. No one knows this better than “Start-Up” Israel. According to one recent estimate, Israel has the third most educated population in the world (behind Canada and Japan). As for the five million Palestinians living under permanent belligerent Israeli rule and presumptive apartheid, Israel honors this truth in the breach — systematically impeding Palestinian access to education, and the ability of Palestinian scientists to carry out research.
- Or KASHTI: "Israeli School System Takes Small but Significant Step in Discussing the Nakba" (Haaretz, Sept 19, 2021): click here!
The new take, which seems likely to expand from the current 55 high schools, explores the comments of an Israeli military leader who sought to ‘cleanse the interior of the Galilee’ of Palestinians.
- Haaretz Editorial: "Don't Want Your Kids Taught by an Arab? Yes, That's Racist" (Haaretz, August 26, 2021): click here!
- Assaf DAVID: "No, Palestinian Textbooks Are Not Antisemitic" (Haaretz, August 10, 2021): click here!
A new study unequivocally refutes the accusation made by right-wing Israeli organizations.
- Assaf DAVID: "This Jewish-Arab School Embodies an Israeli Utopia. Its Arab Principal Reveals What's Beneath the Surface" (Haaretz, June 24, 2021): click here!
Her grandma was Jewish but she was raised as a Muslim, in a secular environment. Now Manar Hayadre heads one of Israel's most complex educational institutions.
- Or KASHTI: "When It Comes to Education, Israel's Ashkenazi-Mizrahi Divide Is Still Growing " (Haaretz, June 11, 2021): click here!
A new study finds that Israel's ethnic gaps are proving persistent in the third generation, with Mizrahi women languishing at the bottom of a clear hierarchy.
- Or KASHTI: "Inside the Conflicted World of Israeli Arab Teachers in Jewish Schools" (Haaretz, May 23, 2021): click here!
'I chose to work in a Jewish school partly because I wanted to change reality. I’m less certain this is possible now. But if I give up and leave, pupils won’t hear a voice like mine,' says one Arab teacher in a Jewish school.
- Or KASHTI: "Separate School Systems for Jews and Arabs Are Policy in Israel, Not a ‘Problem " (Haaretz, May 23, 2021): click here!
The Education Ministry’s systematic disregard of studies, surveys and state comptroller reports has buried hope for education for coexistence.
- Haaretz Editorial: "Israel's Education System's Shameful Censorship" (Haaretz, Feb 16, 2021): click here!
The fact that the attorney general’s office approved Education Minister Yoav Gallant’s move some months ago to intervene in the Bible studies curriculum and remove clips from the satirical program “The Jews are Coming” from the ministry’s website for Bible studies teachers, is additional evidence that Israel’s democracy is in crisis.
- Shira KADARI-OVADIA & Noa SHPIGEL: "Israel's Education Ministry Holds Hearing for High School Principals Over B'Tselem Lecture" (Haaretz, Jan 28, 2021): click here!
Dozens hold a rally in support for the of the Hebrew Reali School's decision to allow B’Tselem director Hagai El-Ad to talk to students.
- Yumna PATEL: "Rights groups defy Israeli minister’s ban on their activities in country’s schools" (Mondoweiss, Jan 19, 2021): click here!
"The Israeli government will have to contend with us until the apartheid regime ends," B'Tselem's director Hagai El-Ad tweeted after defying a ban put in place by Israel’s Education Minister that sought to prevent human rights groups from entering public schools. - Israel’s Education Minister announced a ban this week on human rights groups from entering Israeli public schools, a move seen by many as a response to a bombshell report from B’Tselem, one of the country’s leading human rights groups, calling Israel an “apartheid state”.
- Haaretz Editorial: "Elite Israeli School Teaches Silencing" (Haaretz, Dec 8, 2020): click here!
Students at the Hebrew Reali High School in Haifa learned an important life lesson this week. To mark International Human Rights Day, which is Tuesday, the director of B’Tselem, Hagai El-Ad, was meant to address them. But when students and right-wing activists denounced the meeting, the principal of the school’s upper division, Mendi Rabinovitz, postponed it.
- "The State of Education in East Jerusalem: Discrimination against the Backdrop of COVID-19" (Report Ir Amim, Sept 2020, pdf, 29p.): click here!
This report was compiled before Israel's second nationwide lockdown and at a time in which the school system in East Jerusalem's "red" neighborhoods had been shut down (based on the Israeli government's COVID-19 'traffic light' system as of September 13, 2020). According to the National Emergency Portal, "formal educational activities are not being carried out in these neighborhoods, with the exception of matriculation examinations, special education, at-risk youth programs and daycare centers."
- Ali GHAITH: "The politics of education in East Jerusalem" (Open Democracy, July 23, 2018): click here!
After Trump’s decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, Israel has gained its ally’s backing to go even further in its control over the Palestinian part of Jerusalem.
- "Arab League warns for collapse of education in Palestine due to Israeli occupation" (Palestine News Network, May 25, 2015): click here!
... In his speech Sunday during the the opening session of the 72nd course for the council of the educational affairs, Assistant Secretary General of Palestine Affairs in the Arab League, Mohammad Sbeih confirmed the necessity of Arab support to the educational process for Palestinian students, and the strong steadfast against the Israeli occupation attempts to strip them from education, which can produce a generation that is able to challenge the occupation and establish a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.
Sbeih also warned that Israel was continually targeting the educational procedure in Jerusalem through imposing the Israeli curriculum on East Jerusalem educational institutes, to completely demolish the Arab identity and Judaize Jerusalem.
Occupation is also preventing the establishment of any new schools in East Jerusalem or renovating the old ones, which lead to lack of about 1000 classrooms, in addition to using ineligible rooms for classes, such as narrow corridors, caravans and Zinc rooms crowded and narrow. The expensiveness of private schools also lead to the increase of students dropping out at an early age.
"Israel, the occupying Power, on May 15 celebrated its sixty-seventh anniversary of occupying Palestinian land, and destroying all sides of Palestinian daily life including economic, social, health, cultural, and mostly educational, since the occupation is aware of its importance in nation-structure and its effect on the strength of a nation," Sbeih said.
He continued, "Israel is using every possible way to restrict the movement of Palestinian students in the West Bank and Jerusalem, and fight against having an academically educated Palestinian youth by preventing them from heading to universities."
Sbeih assured that Israeli forces in their consecutive attacks on Gaza always targeted educational institutes and hindered the reconstruction process. They also blocked the school textbooks from being entered to the Strip and prevented Gazans from reaching West Bank universities, scattering the Palestinian curriculum.
Tamara NASSAR: "Israeli forces kill fleeing Palestinian child" (EI, 6 July, 2022). Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israel executes three Palestinians in Jenin" (The Electronic Intifada, June 18, 2022). "Thirteen Palestinian children killed in the West Bank since January 2022" (UNICEF, May 29, 2022). "Israeli forces use Palestinian girl as a human shield in Jenin" (Defense for Children International-Palestine, May 19, 2022). Shatha HAMMAD: "Israeli forces fatally shoot two young Palestinians in occupied West Bank" (Middle East Eye, April 13, 2022).> Shatha HAMMAD: "Israeli forces fatally shoot two young Palestinians in occupied West Bank" (Middle East Eye, April 13, 2022). "Israel kills Palestinian boy in Jenin raid" (Middle East Monitor, March 31, 2022).Staat van Beleg: " Israëlische Schendingen februari 2022 " (7 maart 2022). Jesse ROSENFELD, Oren ZIV & Ahmad AL-BAZZ : "Triple West Bank assassination recalls darkest days of the Intifada" (+972, Feb 15, 2022).Jack KHOURY & Yaniv KUBOVICH: "Man Killed by Israeli Fire Near Ramallah, Palestinian Health Ministry Says" (Haaretz, Feb 15, 2022). "Israel’ Issues 1595 Administrative Detention Orders Against Palestinians In 2021" PalestineOnline, Jan 2, 2022)."Israel a tué 357 Palestiniens, dont 79 enfants et 69 femmes en 2021 " EuroPalestine, 2 janvier 2022).Gideon LEVY: "A Brief History of Killing Children " Haaretz, Nov 20, 2021). Allison WEIR: "Israeli forces have killed 39 Palestinian men, women, & children since May" (Israel-Palestine News, Oct 19, 2021). "Israel settlers open fire on Palestine homes in West Bank" (Middle East Monitor, September 11, 2021). Gideon LEVY: "Yes, the Palestinian Prison Escapees Are Freedom Fighters” (Haaretz, Sept 9, 2021; archive.today). "Developing news: Six Palestinian political prisoners liberate themselves from colonial Israeli prison” (Samidoun, Sept 5, 2021). "Israeli troops kill Palestinian teen in West Bank clash” (Middle East Eye, July 24, 2021). Tamara NASSAR: "Israeli gunfire takes lives of two more Palestinian teens” (+972, July 15, 2021). Yuval ABRAHAM: "Joint militias: How settlers and soldiers teamed up to kill four Palestinians” (+972, July 15, 2021)."Palestinian boy loses eye after Israel soldiers shoot him” (Middle East Monitor, April 12, 2021).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "Palestinians Protested the Theft of Their Land. An Israeli Army Officer Shot One of Them in the Head” (Haaretz, March 26, 2021). "Israel to displace 1,550 Palestinians to build park in Jerusalem” (MEMo, March 18, 2021)."Reconstitution de l’exécution d’un Palestinien qui ne constituait aucune menace” (EuroPalestine, 27 février, 2021).Mairav ZONSZEIN: "Vaccination Under Occupation” (Jewish Currents, 12 Jan, 2021).Orly NOY: "Why B’Tselem is calling Israel an apartheid regime, from the river to the sea” (Mondoweiss, 12 Jan, 2021)."Deaf Palestinian man shot by Israeli soldiers dies of his wounds” (Israel Palestine News, Dec 11, 2020)."New Israeli ambassador in Britain describes Nakba as 'Arab lie'” (Middle East Monitor, Dec 8, 2020)."Israeli settlers flood Palestinian farmland with sewage” (Middle East Monitor, Oct 19, 2020).Ahmad MELHEM: "Family of Palestinian boy disfigured in 2015 firebomb attack still seeking justice” (Al-Monitor, Sept 20, 2020).Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Palestinian child shot by Israel dies in detention.” (The Electronic Intifada, August 21, 2020).Yumna PATEL: "Young Palestinian woman killed by Israeli forces in Jenin.” 23-year-old Dalia Samoudi is the 24th Palestinian to be killed by Israeli forces in the occupied Palestinian territories this year (Mondoweiss, August 7, 2020)."Israeli Soldiers Demolish Under-Construction Covid-19 Testing Center in Hebron” (IMEMC, July 21 2020). "Mother of Slain Palestinian: “My Son Was A Child In A Man’s Body”" (IMEMC, June 31 2020).Sondos SALEH: "Mustafa Went to Tel Aviv for Hospital Tests. He Was Shot Dead" (Haaretz, May 19, 2020).Jonathan OFIR: "Slapping Israeli Apartheid — the sentencing of Yifat Doron" (Mondoweiss, May 15, 2020)."Israëlische politieman schiet Palestijnse jongen kogel in het gezicht" (The Rights Forum, 18 feb, 2020).Jonathan OFIR: "Getting away with murder: Why Israeli police left Bedouin teacher to bleed to death in 2017." Some murder cases are so full of lies, that every attempt to hide them from public view only brings more attention to the crime. Such is the case of the extrajudicial execution three years ago of Israeli Bedouin citizen Yaqub Mousa Abu al-Qia’an. (Mondoweiss, March 1, 2020).Amira HASS: "The Trump Plan’s Vision for the Palestinians: Israel’s Security Slave." Direct lines can be seen between the ‘deal of the century,’ the Oslo Accords and their fraudulent implementation, which led to the creation of separate Palestinian enclaves. (Haaretz, Jan 31, 2020)."B’Tselem: Israel soldiers ‘wantonly’ shoot Palestinian children" (Palestine Post24, Dec 18, 2019)."Lost count? Israel killed 43 Palestinians in November" (If Americans Knew, Dec 5, 2019).Jonathan COOK: "Israel prepares to turn Bedouin citizens into refugees in their own country" (Mondoweiss, Oct 16, 2019).A. Daniel ROTH: "Each morning brings the fear of losing everything" (+972, Aug 25, 2019).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "The Protest Dispersed. Then an Israeli Sniper Shot a 9-year-old Boy in the Head" (Haaretz, July 20, 2019, via IAK).Entsar ABU JAHAL: "Plenty of fish in Gaza sea, but not for Palestinians" (Al-Monitor, June 14, 2019).Myriam DEPREZ: "Susiya: The build-and-destroy dance of Israel’s demolitions" (Middle East Monitor, May 10, 2019).OCHA (oPt), Child labour increasing in Gaza" (OCHA - Monthly Humanitarian Bulletin, April 2019, May 14, 2019).Netta AHITUV, "Endless trip to hell': Israel jails hundreds of Palestinian boys a year. These are their testimonies" (Breaking the Silence via Haaretz, March 16, 2019).Tamara NASSAR: "Israel’s war on its Palestinian citizens" (The Internet Intifada, 26 Feb, 2019).Gideon LEVY: "In Land of Illegal Outposts and Hate Crimes, Another Palestinian Life Claimed" (Haaretz, Jan 27, 2019)."Report: Crimes against Humanity: Israel killed at least 45 Palestinian children in Gaza" (Ma'an News Agency, Jan 19, 2019).Yumna PATEL: "‘Waging War on Shufat’: Jerusalem municipality demolishes 21 businesses in East Jerusalem refugee camp" (Mondoweiss, Nov 22, 2018). Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israeli soldier executed Gaza teen at close range: witness" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 13, 2018)."September 2018 report: 378 Palestinians arrested as Khader Adnan, Omran al-Khatib continue hunger strikes" (Samidoun, Oct 11, 2018)."Palestinians Protest Planned Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar" (Telesur, July 28, 2018).Yumna PATEL: "Israeli forces kill 15-year-old Palestinian in refugee camp raid" (Mondoweiss, July 23, 2018).Amira HASS: "Night raids and attack dogs: For West Bank Palestinians, their homes are not their castles" (Haaretz, June 17, 2018).Neve GORDON: "Gaza's Passover massacre" (Al-Jazeera, April 1, 2018)"Israel killed 3 Palestinian civilians, injured 500, in first half of March" (Middle East Monitor, March 16)Omar KARMI: “Gaza in a vice” (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 13, 2018).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: “Like a Safari: Israeli Troops in Jeeps Hunt a Palestinian Teen and Shoot Him in the Head” (Haaretz, Feb 9, 2018, now freely available via: If Americans Knew).Amira HASS: "On the Margins of the Murder”, (Haaretz, Nov 12, 2017): click here! "Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including 4 minors, in overnight raids" (Ma'an, March 29, 2017).Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017)."Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016)."A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016)."Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016)."Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016)."Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016)."After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016)."Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016)."UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." Geen gelijke kansen zonder evenwaardig onderwijs. Zo denkt de Arabisch-Israëlische professor Dalia Fadila er alleszins over. (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015)."Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015)."Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).Hatem BAZIAN: "Palestine's Wound" (Medium, October 18, 2015).Robert COHEN: "Israel gets away with it because it is a global arms supplier — Jeff HALPER" (Mondoweiss, October 15, 2015).David HEARST: "A new intifada for a new generation" (Middle East Eye, October 12, 2015).Gideon LEVY: "Israel's Lawless Death Penalty Without Trial Buoyed by Cheers of the Masses". "In this way, one of the main reasons for this uprising’s eruption is demonstrated - the dehumanization of the Palestinians, whose life and death are worthless to the Israelis" (Haaretz, October 11, 2015).Odeh BISHARAT: "Even the Brighter Side of Israel Demands Execution Without Trial". In Israel, the occupation is embraced in almost every home. It's no wonder that cop shot the woman with the knife so quickly (Haaretz, 11 October 2015).Peter BEAUMONT: "Israeli occupation is root cause of Palestine conflict, says Marwan Barghouti". Jailed Palestinian leader calls on international community to tackle root cause of violence between Palestinians and Israelis (The Guardian, 11 October 2015).Noam SHEIZAF: "Israel still holds all the cards" (+972, 11 October 2015).Sawsan KHALIFE': "The heavy price of segregation and occupation" (+972, 9 October 2015).Peter BEAUMONT: "Is a third Palestinian intifada on the way – or has it already begun?" Violence is escalating but it is not yet clear whether Palestinian society is united in a desire for another prolonged period of unrest (The Guardian, 5 October 2015).Jesse RUBIN: "Throwing stones is part of Palestine’s struggle" (The Electronic Intifada, 5 October 2015).
Meron RAPOPORT: "Netanyahu faces possible civil war" (Middle East Eye, 5 October 2015).
Nasim AHMED: "With the rise of settler terrorism, can Israel still be described as a rational political actor?" (Middle East Monitor, 3 October 2015).Sharif NASHASHIBI: "At the UN, Abbas wastes another opportunity for Palestine" (Middle East Eye, 1 October 2015).Sarah CHAMPION: "Gaza Is a Horrific Humanitarian Disaster That We Cannot Allow to Continue" (Huffington Post UK, 24/9/2015).Rosemary SAYIGH: "The Price of Statelessness: Palestinian Refugees From Syria" (al-shabaka.org, 15 May 2013)."Al-Aqsa, la révolte impuissante". "Alain Gresh et René Backmann analysent la dynamique de la violence à l’œuvre à Jérusalem-Est et l’intensification de la politique de judaïsation de la ville" (Association France Palestine Solidarité, 16 septembre 2015).
Voor het archief click here!
- * "Un assassinat par jour : c’est ça le colonialisme israélien que nous devons combattre !" (CAPJPO-Europalestine, 17 janvier, 2023).
- Tamara NASSAR: "Israel kills three children as 2023 dawns" (The Electronic Intifada, 5 January, 2023).
- Mariam BARGHOUTI: "Invading Israeli forces assassinate 5 more Palestinians in two days, including 16-yr-old" (Israel-Palestine News, Dec 8, 2022).
- "Israel soldier executes Palestinian youth in cold blood " (MEMo, Dec 2, 2022).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "A Palestinian Boy Went Out With Friends. An Israeli Soldier Shot Him in the Head" (Haaretz, Oct 15, 2022).
- Yumna PATEL & Mariam BARGHOUTI: "Israeli forces kill four Palestinians in occupied West Bank, including two brothers" (Mondoweiss, Nov 29, 2022).
- Motasem A DALLOUL: "Who's going to stop the madness of extremist ministers of next Israeli government? " (Haaretz, Nov 11, 2022).
- Jack KHOURY & Hagar SHEZAF: "14-year-old Among Two Palestinian Teens Killed Within Hours of Each Other by IDF Fire in West Bank" (Haaretz, Nov 11, 2022).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "This Palestinian Teen Was Shot Twice, Cuffed and Detained by Israeli Troops – Then Released" (Haaretz, Sept 2, 2022).
- "Invading Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian photographing them, Injure 17 in Jenin" (Israel-Palestine News, Sept 6, 2022).
- Defense for Children International-Palestine: "Israeli settler, soldier shoot and kill Palestinian boy" (DCIP, August 1, 2022).