BAA4P: US, Australia, Canada, Latin America
- Sheryl Nestel & Rowan Gaude, "Unveiling the Chilly Climate: The Suppression of Speech on Palestine in Canada" (Independent Jewish Voices, October 2022, pdf, 106p.) : click here!
(This Report) is the first broad and detailed examination of the experiences of faculty and students whose work is critical of the policies of Israel toward Palestine and Palestinians or who actively attempt to change those policies through their support of of BDS and opposition to the adoption of the IHRA definition. While focused primarily on Canada, the report briefly touches on the experiences
faced by European academics, artists, and students who publicly support Palestinian rights...
- PALESTINE LEGAL, "Palestine Legal Publishes Report on Trends in Palestine Advocacy and Backlash in 2021", February 24, 2022: click here!
Palestine Legal published our 2021 Year-in-Review this week, which documents trends in backlash facing the movement for Palestinian rights in the U.S. and the movement’s resilience against them.
REPORT: "2021 Year-in-Review: Palestinian Uprising Generates Record Solidarity—and Fierce Backlash" (pdf, 36p.): click here!
Executive Summary: click here!
- Peter BEINART: "American Jews Have Abandoned Gaza — And The Truth" (Forward, April 26, 2018) : click here!
“In our time,” wrote George Orwell in 1946, “political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible.” British colonialism, the Soviet gulag and America’s dropping of an atomic bomb, he argued, “can indeed be defended, but only by arguments which are too brutal for most people to face.” So how do people defend the indefensible? Through “euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.” By obscuring the truth.
Chronological list (latest first):
- Committee on Academic Freedom,, « Case Western Reserve University’s recent statement about anti-Semitism » MESA, Nov 15, 2022): click here!
Dear President Kaler: We write on behalf of the Middle East Studies Association of North America (MESA) and its Committee on Academic Freedom to express our grave concern over your 9 November 2022 statement to the Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) community that equates criticism of policies and actions of the State of Israel with anti-Semitism.
- "AIPAC’s endorsement of Republicans" (Jewish Currents, Newsletter Nov 15, 2022) : click here!
When Nida Allam launched her bid for Congress last November, she had reason to be confident. Allam, a commissioner of Durham County, North Carolina, and the first Muslim woman to hold office in the state, raised $700,000 in just the first six months of her campaign. The Working Families Party endorsed her in January. In April, Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, both popular among progressives in the district, endorsed her...
- Ben SAMUELS, "FBI’s Shireen Abu Akleh Probe Is a Watershed Moment in U.S.-Israel Ties" (Haaretz, Nov 15, 2022) : click here!
Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, the move is a harbinger of things to come concerning the Democratic Party’s evolving relationship with Israel – particularly as it watches Netanyahu begin to form an unprecedentedly right-wing coalition.
- Shaul MAGID, "Are liberal American Jews becoming afraid to talk about Israel?" ( +972, Nov 10, 2022) : click here!
Many Jews in the U.S. have grown uncomfortable voicing implausible defenses of Israel, yet cannot let go of their Zionism. Denial won't solve the dilemma.
- Nate ORBACH, "Anatomy of a scandal: Unraveling the myth of ‘Jewish-free zones’ at UC Berkeley" (+972, Oct 26, 2022) : click here!
The manufactured controversy surrounding a student group pledge underlines the dangers of legal attempts to conflate anti-Zionism and antisemitism.
- Ben SAMUELS, "ACLU Asks U.S. Supreme Court to Overturn Arkansas’ Law Against Israel Boycotts" (Haaretz, Oct 21, 2022) : click here!
Petitioners argue that the law is an unconstitutional tax on free speech and infringes on the First Amendment right to boycott.
- "Lapid slams Australia for dropping recognition of W. Jerusalem; ambassador summoned" (The Times of Israel, Oct 18, 2022) : click here!
Foreign Ministry says it is ‘disappointed’ by decision made for ‘shortsighted political considerations’; Palestinian Authority welcomes Canberra’s walkback.
- Michael HOROVITZ, "Australia quietly walks back recognition of West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital" (The Times of Israel, Oct 17, 2022) : click here!
New center-left government deletes text on foreign affairs website describing policy; decision in 2018 received lukewarm reception in Israel because it didn’t include entire city.
- Corey SHERMAN: "The GOP’s Plan to Build the Third Temple" (Jewish Currents, Oct 7, 2022) : click here!
Republicans are working with Kahanist activists to advance a violent vision of Jewish control over Jerusalem’s holy sites.
- Layal Khreis, Ashley Hudson and R.E. McGowan, "Why can’t US students accuse Israel of genocide? " (The Electronic Intifada, 7 Oct, 2022) : click here!
- "Over half of U.S. students exposed to BDS, support boycotting Israel, survey " (YNET, Sept 28, 2022) : click here!
More than half of U.S students exposed to Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement's calls to boycott Israel - support the group, a Foreign Ministry survey conducted on campuses, released on Wednesday showed.
- "Poll (US): More Liberal Democrats, Young People Support Palestinians than Israelis" (Richard Silverstein, Sept 27, 2022) : click here!
Declining US support for Israel sets off alarm bells at Israel Lobby.
- Eman ABUSIDU: "Latin America´s Presidents speak loudly for Palestinian rights at the United Nations" (MEMo, Sept 23, 2022) : click here!
While claiming to support accountability for Abu Akleh’s slaying, the Biden administration has deferred to Israel’s self-investigation mechanism, long discredited by international organizations and human rights groups. Israel announced the findings of its internal probe earlier this month, admitting that one of its soldiers is likely responsible for the journalist’s death.
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "US fingerprints on Israeli crimes" (The Electronic Intifada, Sept 16, 2022) : click here!
While claiming to support accountability for Abu Akleh’s slaying, the Biden administration has deferred to Israel’s self-investigation mechanism, long discredited by international organizations and human rights groups. Israel announced the findings of its internal probe earlier this month, admitting that one of its soldiers is likely responsible for the journalist’s death.
- "Le président chilien refuse l’accréditation de l’envoyé israélien après le meurtre d’un adolescent palestinien" (EuroPalestine, 16 sept, 2022) : click here!
Le président chilien Gabriel Boric a refusé jeudi d’accepter les lettres de créance du nouvel ambassadeur israélien Gil Artzyeli, citant le meurtre d’un adolescent palestinien par les forces d’occupation israéliennes en Cisjordanie occupée, selon les médias chiliens.
- "In grave breach of protocol, Chile’s president refuses credentials of Israeli envoy" ( The Times of Israel, 15 Sept 2022) : click here!
Gabriel Boric reportedly spurns new ambassador over Israel ‘killing children in Gaza,’ threatening profound harm to relations between the countries.
- Philip WEISS: "Israel’s denial of accountability for Abu Akleh killing may require cutoff of aid — Leahy" (Mondoweiss, Sept 16, 2022) : click here!
Sen. Patrick Leahy said that Shireen Abu Akleh's killing on May 11 was intentional, and if Israel does not hold anyone accountable, "then the Leahy Law must be applied."
- H.Scott PROSTERMAN: "Expanding the Occupation of Palestinians in the Name of Jesus" (Informed Comment, August 30, 2022) : click here!
Christian missionaries are now settling in the occupied areas of Palestine, and benefitting from Israeli land grab policies. American Evangelicals have allied with far right Zionist settlers to further entrench an imperial presence in occupied Palestine. Missionaries have been in Palestine since 1819.
- Richard SILVERSTEIN: "After Declaring PaIestinian Civil Society “Terrorists,” US Fetes Benny Gantz with White House, CENTCOM Meetings" (R.Silverstein, August 27, 2022) : click here!
The Biden administration can walk and chew gum at the same time. But in the case of Benny Gantz, that’s not such a good thing.
- Michael ARRIA: "Democratic lawmakers call on Biden to take action over Israeli raids" (Mondoweiss, August 22, 2022) : click here!
"The silence by our country is enabling more death and violence": Democratic lawmakers call on Biden administration to defend Palestine rights groups.
- Judy MALTZ: "Jewish Leaders in Australia Furious Over anti-Israel Motion at Top University" (Haaretz, August 15, 2022): click here!
BDS resolution at Melbourne University ‘is imbued with hatred and its language drips with venomous hatred,’ Jewish organizations charge in joint statement.
- Elizabeth BLOCK: "If Canada were a Christian state" (Mondoweiss, August 2, 2022) : click here!
What would Canada be like if it were a Christian state in the same sense that Israel is a Jewish state?
- Alex COSH: "Despite warnings from diplomatic staff, and clear knowledge that Israel lied, Canada has refused to issue even a nominal condemnation" (Passage, July 28, 2022) : click here!
t has been nearly three months since Israeli forces shot and killed Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh. Despite Al Jazeera (AJ) condemning the killing as a deliberate assassination on the day it happened, and an ever-growing list of investigations confirming Israel’s responsibility since, Canada has doggedly refused to critique the apartheid state or support calls for an independent probe into the event.
- Mitchell PLITNICK: "AIPAC declares war on any support of Palestinian human rights" (Mondoweiss, July 28, 2022) : click here!
AIPAC's all-out assault on Andy Levin and Donna Edwards reflects their ongoing effort to shift the boundaries of acceptable politics on Israel.
- "US: Tlaib secures comfortable victory despite pro-Israel 'dark money'" (MEMo, August 4, 2022) : click here!
Palestinian American Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has secured a comfortable victory in Michigan's 12th Congressional District Democratic primary elections which have been dominated by the "dark money" funnelled by the influential pro-Israel lobby group the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
- Ahmad MELHEM: "Palestinians frustrated by absence of follow-up from Biden visit" (Al-Monitor, July 30, 2022) : click here!
US President Joe Biden's one-hour meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas failed to achieve any lasting meaning.
- Gideon LEVY: "In Jerusalem, Biden Signs the Palestinians’ Death Certificate" (Haaretz, July 16, 2022) : click here!
- Peter BEINART: "The Israel Lobby’s New Campaign Playbook" (Jewish Currents, July 15, 2022) : click here!
Israel advocacy groups have developed strategies to raise huge sums for their candidates by appealing to corporate interests.
- Jeff WRIGHT: "The Presbyterian Church (USA) adds its voice to a growing choir naming Israeli apartheid" (Mondoweiss, July 11, 2022) : click here!
In a decisive vote, 266-116, commissioners attending last week’s General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) approved a resolution titled, “On Recognition That Israel’s Laws, Policies, and Practices Constitute Apartheid Against the Palestinian People.” The Presbyterian Church (USA) is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the USs with over 1,190,000 active members at the end of 2021.
- Ben SAMUELS: "In Mideast Trip, Biden Uncoupled Israel From the Palestinians" (Haaretz, July 18, 2022) : click here!
The White House undoubtedly scored a few diplomatic wins on its trip to Israel and Saudi Arabia, but the trip was mainly a victory for the host countries.
- Haaretz Editorial: " The Palestinians At End of the Line, Again" (Haaretz, July 15, 2022) : click here!
U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to visit the Augusta Victoria Hospital in East Jerusalem on Friday, and later in the day he is due to visit Bethlehem, where he will meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
- « The Jerusalem U.S.-Israel Strategic Partnership Joint Declaration » (The White House, July 14, 2022) : click here!
The leaders of the United States and Israel, President Biden and Prime Minister Lapid, met in Jerusalem on 14 July 2022, and adopted the following Joint Declaration on the US-Israel Strategic Partnership: "The United States and Israel reaffirm the unbreakable bonds between our two countries and the enduring commitment of the United States to Israel’s security..."
- Hagai EL-AD, “The bloody legacy of ‘shared values’” (+972, July 13, 2022) : click here!
Israel's 'unbreakable bond' with the U.S. means Biden will do little more on his trip than pay lip service to two states while continuing to support apartheid.
- Peter BEINART, “Making the Middle East Safe for Tyranny” (The Beinart Notebook, July 11, 2022) : click here!
What Biden will be promoting on his ground-breaking excursion from Tel Aviv to Jidda is a set of partnerships that fosters repression not only of Palestinians, Emiratis, Bahrainis, and Saudis—but exports repression across the Middle East.
- “Seeking to establish 'Greater Israel', US Republicans prohibit creation of Palestinian State ” (Middle East Monitor, June 27, 2022) : click here!
In further signs that support for Israel has morphed into a religious extremist position, Bible-thumping, far-right American voters within the Texas Republican Party have approved a platform that will make it illegal to create a Palestinian State in territories controlled by the apartheid state. The platform, approved by 5,100 delegates in Houston on Saturday, supports the "prohibition of a Palestinian State within the historical borders of Israel, as it would jeopardise Israel's security and it would force Israel to give up land that God gave to the Jewish people as referenced in Genesis."
- Mitchell PLITNICK, “Biden administration continues to disregard the Palestinian people” (Mondoweiss, June 17, 2022) : click here!
Joe Biden's upcoming trip to Palestine in July will serve as yet another message to the Palestinian people that Israel is working hand in hand with the U.S.
- Peter BEINART, “AIPAC’s Bet Against Democracy” (The Beinart Notebook, March 21, 2022): click here!
On Friday, AIPAC—the influential pro-Israel lobbying group—issued a statement I suspect historians of American Jewry will scrutinize for decades to come. It argues that in order to preserve US support for Israel’s ability to rule undemocratically over Palestinians, AIPAC must support politicians who seek to rule undemocratically over Americans. Authoritarianism there requires authoritarianism here.
- Jess SCHWALB, "What a BDS-Supporting President Means for Chile’s Jewish and Palestinian Diasporas" (Jewish Currents, March 10, 2022.) : click here!
In Chile, home to a significant Palestinian community as well as a smaller Jewish enclave, the election of leftist Gabriel Boric may galvanize a shift in the politics of Israel/Palestine.
- “Letter to Secretary Blinken from U.S. Orgs & Leaders in Solidarity with Palestinian Civil Society” (Center for Constitutional Rights, Oct 29, 2021): click here!
304 Organizations Demand Biden Administration Condemn Israel’s Crackdown on Human Rights Groups. "Dear Secretary Blinken: The undersigned U.S.-based social justice, civil rights, and human rights leaders and organizations write to demand that you immediately and unequivocally condemn the Israeli government’s recent decision to outlaw and criminalize six Palestinian human rights and community-based organizations..."
- Jonathan COOK, “How the Guardian betrayed not only Corbyn but the last vestiges of British democracy” (Mondoweiss, Aug 18, 2020): click here!
It is simply astonishing that the first attempt by the Guardian – the only major British newspaper styling itself as on the liberal-left – to properly examine the contents of a devastating internal Labour party report leaked in April is taking place nearly four months after the 860-page report first came to light.
- Bahira AMIN, “The Curious Case of the Chilestinians: How Half A Million Palestinians Made A Home in Chile” (Scene Arabia, 21 April, 2019): click here!
Chile has the largest population of Palestinians outside the Arab world, and an unexpected ambassador of the struggle: the Deportivo Palestino football club.
- Ramzy BAROUD, “A Question Every American Must Confront: Apartheid Israel or US Democracy?” (CounterPunch, Dec 28, 2018): click here!
Bahia Amawai is a US citizen and Texas-based language specialist who helps autistic and speech-impaired children overcome their impairment. Despite the essential and noble nature of her work, she was fired by the Pflugerville Independent School District.
- JRoy ARAD, “Meet the Chilestinians, the Largest Palestinian Community Outside the Middle East” (Haaretz, Oct 31, 2018): click here!
They maintain good relations with the Jews, are reluctant to visit Israel and Palestine, but identify with their brethren in the territories. Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians live in Chile - we spoke to some of them.
- Jeremy R. HAMMOND, “US Funding Cut for UNRWA Illuminates Trump’s ‘Deal of the Century’” (Foreign Policy Journal, Sept 6, 2018): click here!
Trump’s UNRWA funding cut shows how his “deal of the century” is all about coercing the Palestinians into surrendering their rights.
- Loubna QUTAMI, “US Palestine Solidarity: Reviving Original Patterns of Political Engagement” (Al-Shabaka, Jan 4, 2018): click here!
The past decade has seen major shifts in Palestinian and Palestine solidarity activism in the US. Many of these changes both inform and are caused by the explosion of awareness of the Palestinian struggle. However, Palestine’s newfound popularity does not necessarily translate into more political power or better conditions for Palestinians.
- Allison KAPLAN SOMMER, “The Jewish Voice at the Heart of the Boycott Israel Movement” (Haaretz, MARCH 29, 2017)): click here!
Jewish Voice for Peace executive director Rebecca Vilkomerson isn't your typical BDS activist: she spent three years in Israel, is married to an Israeli and has relatives in the West Bank. Despite many critics in the organized Jewish community, she says JVP is thriving in the Trump era and doesn't need the establishment's stamp of approval.
- Morgan STRONG, “How Christian Zionists got their man into the White House” (Middle East Eye, Jan 2): click here!
The Christian Zionists managed, through the positioning of Mike Pence and fellow believers in the White House, an incredible measure of influence over the most powerful nation on earth.
- [Moshé MACHOVER], “ERODING THE CONSENSUS: An interview with Moshé Machover” (Science for the People, Nov 20, 2017)): click here!<
- Uri BLAU, “Jewish Federations of North America Formally Slam Israel for Backtracking on Western Wall Deal” (Haaretz, Nov 14): click here!
- Amir TIBON: "Helping Israel or Causing It Harm? In Wake of Texas anti-BDS Incident, U.S. Jewish Groups Divided Over Boycott Laws" (Haaretz, Oct 22, 2017): click here!
These incidents are embarrassing and harmful to Israel, and they emphasize how foolish the strategy behind these laws actually is.
- Stephen M. WALT: "That ‘Israel Lobby’ Controversy? History Has Proved Us Right" (Forward, Oct 2, 2017): click here!
Ten years ago, John Mearsheimer and I published a controversial article and subsequent book examining the impact of the “Israel Lobby” — that is, a loose coalition of pro-Israel individuals and organizations like the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the Anti-Defamation League, the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and Christians United for Israel, just to name a few.
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Hamas bends over backwards yet EU retains snub" (EI, Sept 19, 2017): click here!
Far-reaching compromises by Hamas have been met in recent months with a firm wall of intransigence, both from Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas and from the so-called international community – especially the European Union.
- Judy MALTZ: "Jewish Agency Pulls Funding From Israel Experience Program Over West Bank Activism" (Haaretz, Sept 18, 2017): click here!
Following Jewish young adults' visiting an anti-occupation protest camp that is sometimes a flashpoint for violence, the Jewish Agency dumps the program runners.
- Alice SPERI: "Israel Security Forces Are Training American Cops Despite History of Rights Abuses" (The Intercept, Sept 15, 2017): click here!
It’s not uncommon for residents of America’s most heavily policed neighborhoods to describe their local cops as “an occupying force.” Judging by where many U.S. police forces get their training, the description seems apt.
- Glenn GREENWALD & Ryan GRIM: "U.S. Lawmakers Seek to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel" (The Intercept, July 19, 2017): click here!
The criminalization of political speech and activism against Israel has become one of the gravest threats to free speech in the West. In France, activists have been arrested and prosecuted for wearing T-shirts advocating a boycott of Israel.
- Mikhael MANNEKIN: "Lost in Translation: The Israeli-U.S. Jewish Anti-occupation Alliance Is Broken. Can It Be Fixed?" (Haaretz, July 6, 2017): click here!.
While right-wing ties deepen, relations between progressives - against the occupation, for liberal democracy and pluralism in Israel - are fraying. We need a new way to make political change, together.
- Philip WEISS: "Pro-Israel ‘gatekeepers’ at California university shut down search for Edward Said scholar, a candidate say" (Mondoweiss, July 2, 2017): click here!.
In April, administrators at California State University at Fresno canceled a search to fill the Edward Said Chair in Middle East Studies after a committee came up with four finalists, all of whom were reported to be of “Middle Eastern background” and to be focused on Palestinian issues.
- Amira HASS: "130 Diaspora Jews Stand Between the Israeli Army and a Palestinian Cave Village" (Haaretz, July 2, 2017): click here!.
The Palestinian village of Sarura was destroyed in 1997 and its residents have not returned for fear of settler violence. Dozens of Jewish volunteers from the U.S., Canada and Australia have joined Palestinian activists in renovating it.
- Philip WEISS: "34 House Dems condemn Israeli charges against Issa Amro — follower of civil rights movement and Gandhi?" (Mondoweiss, June 28, 2017): click here!.
In yet another sign that the Democratic left is determined to stand up for Palestinian human rights, 34 congresspeople have signed letters supportive of Issa Amro, the courageous and non-violent leader of protest actions in occupied Hebron who has been accused by Israel of 18 charges...
- Amanda BORSCHEL-DAN: "‘Devastating’ survey shows huge loss of Israel support among Jewish college students" (The Times of Israel, June 21, 2017): click here!.
Since its initial coalescence in 2002, Brand Israel has commissioned a large-scale segmentation study in 2010 and a followup in 2016. For anyone with the slightest Zionist impulse, the downward slope of Israel support is disturbing.
- "Palestine, 50 ans sous occupation: en Belgique et en Europe, nous avons les moyens d'agir !" (RTBF, 6 juin, 2017): click here!.
C’est donc en tant que citoyens d’horizons divers mais tous attachés aux valeurs de justice, de paix et d’égalité, que nous demandons que cessent l’occupation, la colonisation et l’impunité israélienne qui durent depuis 50 ans, afin que le peuple palestinien puisse enfin jouir de ses droits les plus fondamentaux et vivre dans la dignité et la liberté.
- David L.MANDEL: "In groundbreaking resolution, California Democratic Party decries US support for Israeli occupation" (Mondoweiss, May 26, 2017): click here!.
Palestinian rights supporters steered to passage a groundbreaking resolution that puts California Democrats far ahead of the national and other state parties.
- Devyn SPRINGER: "A historical framework for continued Black-Palestinian solidarity" (Mondoweiss, May 18, 2017): click here!.
On October 5, 1961, in a letter to his editor, James Baldwin writes from within Israel: “it has become very important for me to assess what Israel makes me feel.”
- Philip WEISS: "Courageous Israeli newspaper is indicted as ‘childish’ ‘contrarian’ and ‘antagonistic’ by the yellowbellied New York Times" (Mondoweiss, May 16, 2017): click here!.
This is unbelievable. Haaretz is surely one of the greatest newspapers in the world, because it insists on telling Israelis the truth about their society as the country loses the good opinion of the world.
- Lawrence DAVIDSON: "Politicising anti-Semitism: the USA’s and UK’s flawed definition" (Redress Information and Analysis, May 3, 2017): click here!.
“Back in the day,” which in this case was 8 February 2007, the US State Department’s Office to Monitor and Combat anti-Semitism adopted a “working definition” of anti-Semitism which included the following point: It is anti-Semitic to “deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination (e.g. by claiming that the existence of a state of Israel is a racist endeavour)”.
- Amir TIBON: "All 100 U.S. Senators Demand UN Take Action Against 'anti-Israel Agenda'" (Haaretz, April 28, 2017): click here!.
Entire U.S. Senate sign letter demanding new UN chief 'ensure that Israel is treated neither better nor worse than any other UN member in good standing'.
- Richard FALK & Virginia TILLEY: "Open Letter to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Our Report on Apartheid in Israel" (The Nation, April 25, 2017): click here!.
Instead of responding to it with constructive criticism, you launched defamatory attacks on all involved.
- Ben WHITE: "Israeli Apartheid Week: How campus activism is being shut down by false charges of 'anti-Semitism'" (Middle East Eye, Feb 23, 2017): click here!
Earlier this week, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) cancelled an event planned as part of ‘Israeli Apartheid Week’, on the grounds that it “contravenes” a controversial definition of anti-Semitism recently endorsed by the UK government.
- David CRONIN: "Israel lobby’s squirming over settlements won’t fool anyone" (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 22, 2017): click here!
The task of Israel’s advocates has become a lot more complicated. At least, that is the argument which one such lobbyist has been making. Alex Benjamin, head of the organization Europe Israel Public Affairs (EIPA), recently lamented that his friends and acquaintances in Brussels weren’t enamored by moves towards annexing most of the West Bank.
- Gabrielle LEFEVRE: "Tzipi Livni confrontée à la loi belge sur la compétence universelle" (entre les lignes, 20 janvier 2017): click here!
Tzipi Livni, ancienne ministre des Affaires étrangères d’Israël, renonce à venir à Bruxelles, attendue par la Justice belge au nom de la compétence universelle. Cette importante personnalité politique israélienne devait assister ce lundi 23 janvier au Parlement européen...
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "AIPAC’s secretive strategy to transform UK politics" (The Electronic Intifada, Jan 14): click here!
AIPAC is hoping to turn UK politics into a carbon copy of the US Congress, where the powerful lobby group has long quashed virtually all open criticism of Israel’s violent suppression of Palestinian rights.
- Amjad IRAQI: "U.S. abstention is a message to Europe: End Israel’s impunity" (+972, 26 Dec, 2016): click here!
The U.S. essentially admitted that its unyielding defense of Israel in the diplomatic arena was a disastrous strategy. With Obama bowing out, Europe will need to act on this lesson.
- Peter BEINART: "American Jewish Establishment Stifles Free Speech to Silence Zionism’s Critics" (Haaretz, Dec 7, 2016): click here!
According to the Senate’s new Anti-Semitism Awareness Act, Henrietta Szold, Hannah Arendt and Martin Buber could also be defined as Jew-haters.
- Uri SAVIR: "Will Trump's win prompt EU to adopt independent Mideast policy?" (Al-Monitor, Nov 20, 2016): click here!
Given US President-elect Donald Trump's past declarations regarding the two-state solution, the European Union is now exploring a more independent regional policy as a basis for international consensus.
- Yakov HIRSCH: "When Sanders changed political reality. And hasbara culture slapped him down." (Mondoweiss, Nov 18, 2016): click here!
The shocking Donald Trump victory in the 2016 election has many people wondering what if it had been Bernie Sanders facing off against Donald Trump. How tantalizing does that race seem now? Naturally we hear if Hillary couldn’t beat Trump, how would Sanders?
- Charlotte SILVER: "New lawsuit challenges US weapons sales to Israel" (The Electronic Intifada, Nov 15, 2016): click here!
The US government is being sued for authorizing massive weapons deliveries to Israel. A new lawsuit notes that the State Department approved the export of more than 47 million rounds of ammunition to Israel between 2007 and 2009. That was enough to “injure or kill every Palestinian living under occupation 10 times over,” according to the lawsuit.
- Nada ELIA: "Regardless of the election the struggle remains unchanged" (Mondoweiss, Nov 10, 2016): click here!
Wednesday, November 9, 2016. A very large segment of the American people are shell-shocked. Bitterly critical as we were of Hillary Clinton, and I include myself in that camp, we still somehow expected her to win. We thought she, and “the establishment,” were invincible.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Decency demands we smoke out the real perpetrators of war crimes against Aleppo and Gaza" (Redress Information & Analysis, Oct 14, 2016): click here!
As Western outrage erupts over the relentless destruction of Aleppo and its people, why is there no similar clamour for a halt to the more prolonged pulverising of Gaza and the continuing slaughter of civilians there?
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "State Department’s alternate reality on Palestine" (EI, Oct 7, 2016): click here!
The Obama administration just handed Israel the largest military aid deal in US history. Now it is feigning outrage that Israel keeps colonizing the occupied West Bank, as it has done for decades, in defiance of the White House’s wishes.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Never mention the J-word – it’s not applicable to Palestine!" (Redress Information & Analysis, Sept 20, 2016): click here!
It seems our politicians, on both sides of the Atlantic, are under instructions to drop the J-word from their vocabulary. I mean J-for-Justice, conspicuously missing from any discussion about Middle East peace and, more specifically, an end to the hell in the Holy Land.
- Rachel STROUMSA: "Will the U.S. Stop Importing Israeli Torture Techniques?" (Haaretz, Sept 18, 2016): click here!
In the wake of Guantanamo, CIA practice exposed and Trump's waterboarding enthusiasm, America had started a conversation about the moral and political costs of torture. Israel hasn't gotten there yet.
- Maya WAHRMAN: "Blame the West for ISIS? Yes - but Go Back to 1925" (Haaretz, Sept 5, 2016): click here!
In 2016, ISIS is asking Iraqis the same question (though brutally and violently) as the West’s bureaucrats did in 1925: Who belongs and who does not?
- Sam BAHOUR: "US fuelling Israel's civil war" (Middle East Eye, Aug 24, 2016): click here!
“US should withhold military aid until Israel recognises Palestinian sovereignty.
- Eric ALTERMAN: "Israel, Don't Tell Diaspora Jews How to Be 'More Jewish' " (Haaretz, August 24, 2016): click here!
It's hard to tell what's more offensive about Netanyahu and Bennett's new initiative to 'strengthen' Jewish identity abroad: the idea itself or its ham-handed, arrogant and ultimately counterproductive execution.
- Alex KANE: "ADL took US cops to Israeli prison, occupied Hebron and settler winery during counter-terror seminar" (Mondoweiss, August 26, 2016): click here!
The cops flew into Tel Aviv on a Sunday afternoon. Four hours later, they met with an Anti-Defamation League official and an Israeli professor, who gave them an “introduction to Israeli politics and society.”
- Jonny BOYLE: "Saint-Etienne Fans Fly Palestine Flags v Beitar Jerusalem a Week After Celtic Fans Do Same" (Talking Baws, August 26, 2016): click here!
Saint-Etienne fans flew Palestine flags during their game against Beitar Jerusalem last night just a week after Celtic did the same against Hapoel Be’er Sheva.
- Nasim AHMED: "How deep is the connection between Celtic fans and Palestine?" (MEMo, August 25, 2016): click here!
Thousands were touched by the Celtic fans’ show of solidarity with the Palestinian people. Large sections of the stadium turned into a sea of green, red, black and white as fans raised the Palestinian flag despite repeated warnings from European football’s governing body (UEFA).
- Nitzan HOROWITZ: "The Messiah Won’t Come to Israel From Across the Atlantic" (Haaretz, August 24, 2016): click here!
The longing for international pressure is not only pointless, but enfeebling and enervating.”
- Uri SAVIR: "Is EU giving up on Israel-Palestine conflict?" (Al Monitor, August 21, 2016): click here!
With the US preoccupied by elections, Egypt not committed, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas politically weak and Israel reluctant, the European Union is about to give up on the two-state solution process.
- "European parliamentarians’ delegation to Palestine demands freedom for Bilal Kayed, end of administrative detention" (Samidoun, August 19, 2016): click here!
A group of European parliamentarians and lawyers recently returned from a delegation to Palestine organized by Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, working in cooperation with Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association.
- David ROSENBERG: "Arm-twisters and Stormtroopers" (Pluto Press Blog, August 19, 2016): click here!
Open any British newspaper, from the Guardian to the Mail, and be confronted with anti-Corbyn smears. Attacks that have included criticism of poor local election results, weak media management or “woeful” Prime Minister’s Questions performances are now fixated on linking Corbyn with a supposedly ‘endemic’ anti-semitism in Labour’s rank and file.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Another of Israel’s pimps to become Labour’s saviour?" (Redress Information and Analysis, August 16, 2016): click here!
Unbelievably, Labour Party chiefs are trying to persuade David Miliband to come back from New York, parachute into a safe seat and snatch the Labour Party leadership from Jeremy Corbyn, according to newspaper reports.
- "Grossière ingérence israélienne dans les "libertés académiques" en Allemagne : l'Université d'Hildesheim gravement diffamée" (Luc Delval, Pour la Palestine, 10 août): click here!
De toute éternité, les humains ont eu besoin de se raconter de belles histoires pour se rassurer. Les contes de fée, le Père Noël, l'amour éternel, le gouvernement du peuple par le peuple, le Tour de France ou les Jeux olympiques sans dopage, ... les libertés académiques face au sionisme.
- "UK calls on Israel to halt illegal settlement activity, condems plans for 323 new units in Jerusalem" (Ma'an, July 30, 2016): click here!
British Minister for the Middle East Tobias Ellwood condemned on Thursday Israel's decision moving forward with another 323 illegal settlement units in occupied East Jerusalem.
- Carol MORELLO and Ruth EGLASH: "Israel and U.S. are close to a deal on the biggest military aid package ever" (The Washington Post, July 29, 2016): click here!
A senior Israeli official will arrive in Washington next week for a final round of negotiations involving the largest military aid package the United States has ever given any country and that will last more than a decade after President Obama leaves office.
- "US State Department: Israeli settlements entrenching region in 'perpetual occupation and conflict'" (Ma'an, July 29, 2016): click here!
The US Department of State released a statement Wednesday slamming Israel’s continued settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank, while expressing concern over the recent increase of demolitions on Palestinian homes that have left dozens of Palestinians homeless this week.
- Yotam BERGER: "EU Slams Israel's Destruction of Palestinian Homes in West Bank's Area C" (Haaretz, July 27, 2016): click here!
Israel has granted only 44 construction permits in response to over 2,000 requests, Lars Faaborg-Andersen tells Knesset meeting. Buildings that were destroyed were 'illegal buildings,' Israeli body says in response.
- "EU eyes Israeli technology for surveillance: Official" (Press-TV, July 22, 2016): click here!
Many of the Israeli arms technologies being sold to Europe are used in the repression of Palestinians, including in the destructive 2014 war on the besieged and densely-populated Gaza Strip.
- Peter BEINART: "What I Saw Last Friday in Hebron" (Haaretz, July 19, 2016): click here!
Palestinians asked American Jews to join them in a 'Freedom Summer.' The result was extraordinary.
- Peter BEAUMONT: "Ambassadors protest at Israel's confiscation of West Bank shelters" (The Guardian, July 18, 2016): click here!
Eight ambassadors to Israel have written to the Israeli military accusing it of breaking international humanitarian law by confiscating shelters for Bedouins in the occupied West Bank that were paid for by European governments.
- Andrew RETTMAN: "EU: Israeli occupation is 'root' cause of violence" (EU Observer, July 15, 2016): click here!
EU states, in an internal report drafted last year, have said the outbreak of Palestinian knife and car-ramming attacks against Israelis in Jerusalem is due, in large part, to Israel’s occupation. They said the attacks began after right-wing Israeli politicians and religious groups began to question the status quo on Arab rights at the Temple Mount complex in the Old City.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Media concoct firestorm as Jeremy Corbyn launches anti-Semitism report" (The Electronic Intifada, 30 June, 2016): click here!
A lawmaker caused a media firestorm at the launch of an independent UK Labour Party report into anti-Semitism and racism on Thursday. The report failed to back claims that the Labour Party had been overrun by anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and other forms of racism.
- Maren MANTOVANI: "Europe still funding Israeli torture, drones and racial profiling" (Middle East Eye, 29 June, 2016): click here!
As European leaders are gathered in Brussels to discuss the future of the EU, they would be well advised to put into effect values of accountability, justice and solidarity - and halt funding for Israel's repressive apparatus against Palestinians.
- "EU moet sancties in stelling brengen om einde te maken aan Israëlische bezetting" (11.11.11, juni 2016): klik hier! Trad. sur Pour la Palestine: cliquez ici!
Op 3 juni 2016 verzamelden buitenlandministers uit 29 landen in Parijs voor een internationale conferentie over het Israëlisch-Palestijnse vredesproces. De slotverklaring raakte niet verder dan de recyclage van elementen waarover al decennia lang een consensus bestaat.
- "Middle East Peace process" (European External Action Service, June 15, 2016): klik hier!
The Resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict is a fundamental interest of the EU. The EU’s objective is a two-state solution with an independent, democratic, viable and contiguous Palestinian state living side-by-side in peace and security with Israel and its other neighbours.
- Barak RAVID: "EU Warns Israel: Policy of Demolishing Palestinian Homes in Area C Will Harm Relations" (Haaretz, May 31, 2016): click here!
Israeli official details tense and difficult meeting in which the EU expressed opposition to 'home demolition and forced evacuation of populations.'
- Gili COHEN: "Israel's Weapons Sales to Europe More Than Double Amid Refugee Crisis" (Haaretz, May 31, 2016): click here!
Sales to Europe grew from $724 million in 2014 to $1.63 billion in 2015, presumably as a consequence of the refugee crisis and the rise in terror attacks on the continent. Sales to North America also climbed, to $1.02 billion.
- "European License for Israeli Torture: the EU-Israel LAW TRAIN joint project" (Stop the Wall, May 30, 2016, pdf, 10p.): click here!
New concerns arise as activists discovered the EU-Israel partnership through the LAWTRAIN Project in the framework of the EU HORIZON 2020. The project is meant to unify the methodology for interrogation among Israeli and EU police forces and is a de facto normalisation of Israel’s most cruel practices, including physical and psychological torture, ill-treatment, arbitrary detention, threats, racial discrimination.
- Brigitte HERREMANS: "The EU’s Self-Defeating Aid Policy towards Palestine" (Centre for European Policy Studies, CEPS Policy Brief, N° 343, May, 2016, pdf, 10p.): click here!
Motivated by the dual aims of strengthening the Middle East Peace Process and contributing to Palestinian state-building, the European Union and its member states have been the biggest donors of financial assistance to the Palestinians.
- Yitzhak LAOR: "Corbyn and Israel: Concept and Reality" (Verso Books, May 18e, 2016): click here!
The concept of Israel has become a hidden cornerstone within political consensus in Western European states. This is not unrelated to the disappearing differences between the traditional Left and Right. Within the current political climate, not only Germany but also all other western states are ‘friends of Israel’.
- "Israel dismantles EU-funded homes in Jerusalem-area Bedouin neighborhood" (Ma'an, May 16, 2016): click here!
Some 90 Palestinian Bedouins, the majority of them children, were left homeless on Monday when Israeli forces disassembled EU-donated mobile homes without giving prior notice in the Jabal al-Baba neighborhood in the outskirts of the village of al-Eizariya east of Jerusalem.
- Hilary AKED: "Israel lobby in Brussels exposed" (The New Arab, 12 mei, 2016): click here!
A detailed new report raises troubling questions for all those who retain hope for a transparent and democratic Europe that is supportive of the Palestinian struggle, writes Hilary Aked.
- Lode VANOOST: "Israël-lobby VS financiert Israël-lobby in Brussel en EU" (De Wereld Morgen, 11 mei, 2016): click here!
In een rapport beschrijven drie onderzoekers hoe rechtse Amerikaanse organisaties en personen die in de VS islamofobie en steun voor de koloniale nederzettingen van Israël in Palestina promoten ook financieel actief zijn in Brussel om de Europese pro-Israël-lobby te ondersteunen. Hun onderzoek nam twee jaar in beslag.
- Jonathan COOK: "Once, most Jews viewed Israel as the anti-semite’s best friend" (Mondoweiss, May 10, 2016): click here!
It was an assessment no one expected from the deputy head of the Israeli military. In his Holocaust Day speech last week, Yair Golan compared current trends in Israel with Germany in the early 1930s, as Nazism took hold.
- "Israëlische vernielingen van Palestijnse eigendommen: tijd voor Europese actie" (Knack, 7 mei, 2016): click here!
Slopingen zijn geen nieuw fenomeen in bezet Palestijns gebied, maar een essentieel onderdeel van het wrede leven onder de bijna 50 jaar durende Israëlische bezetting. De schaal van de afgelopen maanden is echter ongezien, schrijft 11.11.11.
- Max BLUMENTHAL: "How Opponents of UK Labour Leader Corbyn Advanced a Political Coup with Antisemitism Smears" (AlterNet, May 6, 2016): click here!
Inside the pro-Israel campaign to crush Labour’s left-wing insurgency... Though Labour performed far better in the May 5 local elections than a generally hostile media predicted, Corbyn’s opponents are determined to paint him as unelectable, just as they did during last year’s campaign for leadership.
- Philip WEISS & Adam HOROWITZ: "Saying Israel has no right to exist as a Jewish state is not anti-Semitic" (Mondoweiss, May 3, 2016): click here!
In practice, the Jewish State in Israel/Palestine has meant an ethnocracy where Jews are given special and exclusive rights over other citizens and non-citizens under the sovereignty of the Israeli government. This is a system that we (Horowitz and Weiss) reject for political, personal and moral reasons that are in no way connected to vilifying or discriminating against Jews, the traditional definition of anti-Semitism.
- Jonathan COOK: "The true anti-semites, past and present" (Jonathan Cook, May 3, 2016): click here!
We are desperately in need of some sanity as the British political and media establishment seek to generate yet another “new anti-semitism” crisis, on this occasion to undermine a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour party before the upcoming local elections.
- Robert COHEN: "Advice to British leftwingers on kicking racism out of their anti-Israel rhetoric" (Mondoweiss, May 2, 2016): click here!
Too often I see those in solidarity with Palestinians lose the plot and allow opponents to grab the agenda and deflect attention from where the suffering really exists. That’s exactly what’s been happening in Britain this week as a row over antisemitism in the Labour Party has dominated the news.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Uses and abuses of the word ‘Zionism’" (MEMo, May 2, 2016): click here!
Michael Levy, the Labour Party peer and Tony Blair’s former “Lord Cashpoint” claimed on BBC Newsnight a few days ago that “using the word Zionist” is “another form of anti-Semitism”. Using the word. This is an astonishing new level in the attempt to crush dissent over Israel and designate thought crimes.
- Carolina LANDSMAN: "Saying 'No' to Israel While Giving It the Go-ahead" (Haaretz, May 2, 2016): click here!
When the world’s conduct is understood in terms of guilt, one realizes that it needs to be helped to understand that the best way to see to the wellbeing of Israel is to present it with boundaries.
- Robert MACKEY: "Why a British Fight Over Israel and Anti-Semitism Matters to the Rest of Us" (The Intercept, May 1, 2016): click here!
At first glance, the heated argument two members of the British Labour Party conducted in front of reporters’ iPhones on Thursday, sparked by accusations that one of their colleagues posted anti-Semitic comments on Facebook, seems like a story of interest mainly to political junkies in London.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "How Israel lobby manufactured UK Labour Party’s anti-Semitism crisis" (The Internet Intifada, April 28, 2016): click here!
Last year, socialist stalwart Jeremy Corbyn won the leadership of the UK’s Labour Party by a landslide. Since then, there has been a steady flow of claims by Israel’s supporters that Corbyn has not done enough to combat anti-Semitism.
- Maidhc Ó CATHAIL: "Likud Becomes a Regional Member of the European Parliament" (CounterPunch, April 27, 2016): click here!.
Although Israel is geographically located in Asia, the self-described “Jewish state” has emphasized its Europeanness whenever it has suited it to do so.
- Rashid KHALIDI: "The US Elections, Attacks on Activists, and a Changing Discourse" (Al Shabaka, April 25, 2016): click here!.
In his 2013 book "Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East", Al-Shabaka Policy Advisor Rashid Khalidi identified three main patterns that have characterized United States policy towards the conflict since 1948: The complaisance of Arab rulers that need US support against their own peoples; presidential solicitude for domestic constituencies; and US unconcern about the fate of the Palestinians.
- Steven J. ROSEN: "The EU’s Israel Problem Goes Far Beyond Labels" (The Tower Magazine, January 2016): click here!.
Although Europe’s most important leaders are vocally opposed to boycotts of Israel, unelected bureaucrats in Brussels are working to make isolating Israel an official EU policy.
- Hugh LOVATT and Mattia TOALDO: "Eu Differentiation and Israeli Settlements" (European Council on Foreign Relations, July 2015, pdf, 12p.): click here!.
- Barak RAVID: "EU Document Suggests Recalling Envoys if Israeli Settlements Threaten Two-state Solution" (Haaretz, Nov 17, 2014)): click here!.
Two-page document includes two chapters of ‘sticks’ to be used against Israel, a chapter of ‘carrots’ for the Palestinians.
- David CRONIN: "Revealed: EU science chief promised to be “flexible” towards Israel’s war crimes" (The Internet Intifada, 15 Oct 2014): click here!
Israel’s war crimes sometimes have to be overlooked, according to a senior European Union representative. During 2013, Israel reacted angrily when Brussels officials issued a policy paper stating that the EU would not award funding to firms and institutions based in Jewish-only settlements in the occupied West Bank.
- Leandros FISCHER: "The German Left’s Palestine Problem" (Jacobin, 12 March, 2014)): click here!
Die Linke’s position on Palestine has isolated it from the global solidarity movement.
"Israeli forces use Palestinian girl as a human shield in Jenin" (Defense for Children International-Palestine, May 19, 2022).
Shatha HAMMAD: "Israeli forces fatally shoot two young Palestinians in occupied West Bank" (Middle East Eye, April 13, 2022).
"Israel kills Palestinian boy in Jenin raid" (MEMo, March 31, 2022).
Staat van Beleg: " Israëlische Schendingen februari 2022 " (7 maart 2022).
Jesse Rosenfeld, Oren Ziv & Ahmad Al-Bazz : "Triple West Bank assassination recalls darkest days of the Intifada" (+972, Feb 15, 2022).
Jack Khoury & Yaniv Kubovich: "Man Killed by Israeli Fire Near Ramallah, Palestinian Health Ministry Says" (Haaretz, Feb 15, 2022).
"Israel’ Issues 1595 Administrative Detention Orders Against Palestinians In 2021" PalestineOnline, Jan 2, 2022).
"Israel a tué 357 Palestiniens, dont 79 enfants et 69 femmes en 2021 " (EuroPalestine, 2 janvier 2022).
Gideon LEVY: "A Brief History of Killing Children " Haaretz, Nov 20, 2021).
Allison WEIR: "Israeli forces have killed 39 Palestinian men, women, & children since May" (Israel-Palestine News, Oct 19, 2021).
"Israel settlers open fire on Palestine homes in West Bank" (Middle East Monitor, September 11, 2021).
Gideon LEVY: "Yes, the Palestinian Prison Escapees Are Freedom Fighters” (Haaretz, Sept 9, 2021; archive.today).
"Developing news: Six Palestinian political prisoners liberate themselves from colonial Israeli prison” (Samidoun, Sept 5, 2021).
"Israeli troops kill Palestinian teen in West Bank clash” (Middle East Eye, July 24, 2021).
Tamara NASSAR: "Israeli gunfire takes lives of two more Palestinian teens” (+972, July 15, 2021). Yuval ABRAHAM: "Joint militias: How settlers and soldiers teamed up to kill four Palestinians” (+972, July 15, 2021)."Palestinian boy loses eye after Israel soldiers shoot him” (Middle East Monitor, April 12, 2021).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "Palestinians Protested the Theft of Their Land. An Israeli Army Officer Shot One of Them in the Head” (Haaretz, March 26, 2021). "Israel to displace 1,550 Palestinians to build park in Jerusalem” (MEMo, March 18, 2021)."Reconstitution de l’exécution d’un Palestinien qui ne constituait aucune menace” (EuroPalestine, 27 février, 2021).Mairav ZONSZEIN: "Vaccination Under Occupation” (Jewish Currents, 12 Jan, 2021).Orly NOY: "Why B’Tselem is calling Israel an apartheid regime, from the river to the sea” (Mondoweiss, 12 Jan, 2021)."Deaf Palestinian man shot by Israeli soldiers dies of his wounds” (Israel Palestine News, Dec 11, 2020)."New Israeli ambassador in Britain describes Nakba as 'Arab lie'” (Middle East Monitor, Dec 8, 2020).
"Israeli settlers flood Palestinian farmland with sewage” (Middle East Monitor, Oct 19, 2020).Ahmad MELHEM: "Family of Palestinian boy disfigured in 2015 firebomb attack still seeking justice” (Al-Monitor, Sept 20, 2020).Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Palestinian child shot by Israel dies in detention.” (The Electronic Intifada, August 21, 2020).Yumna PATEL: "Young Palestinian woman killed by Israeli forces in Jenin.” 23-year-old Dalia Samoudi is the 24th Palestinian to be killed by Israeli forces in the occupied Palestinian territories this year (Mondoweiss, August 7, 2020)."Israeli Soldiers Demolish Under-Construction Covid-19 Testing Center in Hebron” (IMEMC, July 21 2020). "Mother of Slain Palestinian: “My Son Was A Child In A Man’s Body”" (IMEMC, June 31 2020).Sondos SALEH: "Mustafa Went to Tel Aviv for Hospital Tests. He Was Shot Dead" (Haaretz, May 19, 2020).Jonathan OFIR: "Slapping Israeli Apartheid — the sentencing of Yifat Doron" (Mondoweiss, May 15, 2020)."Israëlische politieman schiet Palestijnse jongen kogel in het gezicht" (The Rights Forum, 18 feb, 2020).Jonathan OFIR: "Getting away with murder: Why Israeli police left Bedouin teacher to bleed to death in 2017." Some murder cases are so full of lies, that every attempt to hide them from public view only brings more attention to the crime. Such is the case of the extrajudicial execution three years ago of Israeli Bedouin citizen Yaqub Mousa Abu al-Qia’an. (Mondoweiss, March 1, 2020).Amira HASS: "The Trump Plan’s Vision for the Palestinians: Israel’s Security Slave." Direct lines can be seen between the ‘deal of the century,’ the Oslo Accords and their fraudulent implementation, which led to the creation of separate Palestinian enclaves. (Haaretz, Jan 31, 2020)."B’Tselem: Israel soldiers ‘wantonly’ shoot Palestinian children" (Palestine Post24, Dec 18, 2019)."Lost count? Israel killed 43 Palestinians in November" (If Americans Knew, Dec 5, 2019).Jonathan COOK: "Israel prepares to turn Bedouin citizens into refugees in their own country" (Mondoweiss, Oct 16, 2019).A. Daniel ROTH: "Each morning brings the fear of losing everything" (+972, Aug 25, 2019).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "The Protest Dispersed. Then an Israeli Sniper Shot a 9-year-old Boy in the Head" (Haaretz, July 20, 2019, via IAK).Entsar ABU JAHAL: "Plenty of fish in Gaza sea, but not for Palestinians" (Al-Monitor, June 14, 2019).Myriam DEPREZ: "Susiya: The build-and-destroy dance of Israel’s demolitions" (Middle East Monitor, May 10, 2019).OCHA (oPt), Child labour increasing in Gaza" (OCHA - Monthly Humanitarian Bulletin, April 2019, May 14, 2019).Netta AHITUV, "Endless trip to hell': Israel jails hundreds of Palestinian boys a year. These are their testimonies" (Breaking the Silence via Haaretz, March 16, 2019).Tamara NASSAR: "Israel’s war on its Palestinian citizens" (The Internet Intifada, 26 Feb, 2019).Gideon LEVY: "In Land of Illegal Outposts and Hate Crimes, Another Palestinian Life Claimed" (Haaretz, Jan 27, 2019)."Report: Crimes against Humanity: Israel killed at least 45 Palestinian children in Gaza" (Ma'an News Agency, Jan 19, 2019).Yumna PATEL: "‘Waging War on Shufat’: Jerusalem municipality demolishes 21 businesses in East Jerusalem refugee camp" (Mondoweiss, Nov 22, 2018). Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israeli soldier executed Gaza teen at close range: witness" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 13, 2018)."September 2018 report: 378 Palestinians arrested as Khader Adnan, Omran al-Khatib continue hunger strikes" (Samidoun, Oct 11, 2018)."Palestinians Protest Planned Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar" (Telesur, July 28, 2018).Yumna PATEL: "Israeli forces kill 15-year-old Palestinian in refugee camp raid" (Mondoweiss, July 23, 2018).Amira HASS: "Night raids and attack dogs: For West Bank Palestinians, their homes are not their castles" (Haaretz, June 17, 2018).Neve GORDON: "Gaza's Passover massacre" (Al-Jazeera, April 1, 2018)"Israel killed 3 Palestinian civilians, injured 500, in first half of March" (Middle East Monitor, March 16)Omar KARMI: “Gaza in a vice” (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 13, 2018).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: “Like a Safari: Israeli Troops in Jeeps Hunt a Palestinian Teen and Shoot Him in the Head” (Haaretz, Feb 9, 2018, now freely available via: If Americans Knew).Amira HASS: "On the Margins of the Murder”, (Haaretz, Nov 12, 2017): click here! "Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including 4 minors, in overnight raids" (Ma'an, March 29, 2017).Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017)."Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016)."A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016)."Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016)."Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016)."Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016)."After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016)."Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016)."UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." Geen gelijke kansen zonder evenwaardig onderwijs. Zo denkt de Arabisch-Israëlische professor Dalia Fadila er alleszins over. (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015)."Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015)."Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).
Voor het archief klik hier!
- * Motasem A DALLOUL: "Who's going to stop the madness of extremist ministers of next Israeli government? " (Haaretz, Nov 11, 2022).
- Jack KHOURY & Hagar SHEZAF: "14-year-old Among Two Palestinian Teens Killed Within Hours of Each Other by IDF Fire in West Bank" (Haaretz, Nov 11, 2022).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "This Palestinian Teen Was Shot Twice, Cuffed and Detained by Israeli Troops – Then Released" (Haaretz, Sept 2, 2022).
- "Invading Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian photographing them, Injure 17 in Jenin" (Israel-Palestine News, Sept 6, 2022).
- Defense for Children International-Palestine: "Israeli settler, soldier shoot and kill Palestinian boy" (DCIP, August 1, 2022).
- Tamara NASSAR: "Israeli forces kill fleeing Palestinian child" (EI, 6 July, 2022).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israel executes three Palestinians in Jenin" (The Electronic Intifada, June 18, 2022).
- "Thirteen Palestinian children killed in the West Bank since January 2022" (UNICEF, May 29, 2022).