BACBI: Europe & US
- "The European Legal Support Center (ELSC)" (The Rights Forum, pdf, 3p.): click here!
Contact: The European Legal Support Center (ELSC) is an independent, non-governmental initiative dedicated to protecting the fundamental rights to freedom of expression and assembly of those who speak out and take peaceful action in Europe for justice and freedom of the Palestinian people. The ELSC is a joint initiative of Palestinian civil society, The Rights Forum in the Netherlands and European jurists. It is based in Amsterdam and will become operational in early 2019.
- Stasa SALACANIN, “The European elections brought no change for the Middle East” (Middle East Monitor, June 7, 2019)): click here!
- Ramzy BAROUD, “A Question Every American Must Confront: Apartheid Israel or US Democracy?” (CounterPunch, Dec 28, 2018): click here!
Bahia Amawai is a US citizen and Texas-based language specialist who helps autistic and speech-impaired children overcome their impairment. Despite the essential and noble nature of her work, she was fired by the Pflugerville Independent School District.
- Jeremy R. HAMMOND, “US Funding Cut for UNRWA Illuminates Trump’s ‘Deal of the Century’” (Foreign Policy Journal, Sept 6, 2018): click here!
Trump’s UNRWA funding cut shows how his “deal of the century” is all about coercing the Palestinians into surrendering their rights.
- Jonathan COOK, “The Crisis in Corbyn’s Labour Party is Over Israel, Not Anti-Semitism” (CounterPunch, Aug 9, 2018): click here!
If there is indeed an anti-semitism problem in the UK’s Labour party, it is not in the places where the British corporate media have been directing our attention.
- Asa WINSTANLEY, “Jewish Labour activists defend Corbyn as Israel lobby attacks” (EI, 26 March 2018): click here!
Left-wing group Jewish Voice for Labour has praised Corbyn’s “consistent commitment to anti-racism” and condemned current right-wing attacks.
- Asa WINSTANLEY, “Leader in Jewish group banned from Labour Party office” (EI, 9 March 2018): click here!
Noted Jewish Palestine activist and secretary of left-wing group Jewish Voice for Labour has been banned from holding office in the UK’s main opposition party.
- Loubna QUTAMI, “US Palestine Solidarity: Reviving Original Patterns of Political Engagement” (Al-Shabaka, Jan 4, 2018): click here!
The past decade has seen major shifts in Palestinian and Palestine solidarity activism in the US. Many of these changes both inform and are caused by the explosion of awareness of the Palestinian struggle. However, Palestine’s newfound popularity does not necessarily translate into more political power or better conditions for Palestinians.
- Allison KAPLAN SOMMER, “The Jewish Voice at the Heart of the Boycott Israel Movement” (Haaretz, MARCH 29, 2017)): click here!
Jewish Voice for Peace executive director Rebecca Vilkomerson isn't your typical BDS activist: she spent three years in Israel, is married to an Israeli and has relatives in the West Bank. Despite many critics in the organized Jewish community, she says JVP is thriving in the Trump era and doesn't need the establishment's stamp of approval.
- Morgan STRONG, “How Christian Zionists got their man into the White House” (Middle East Eye, Jan 2): click here!
The Christian Zionists managed, through the positioning of Mike Pence and fellow believers in the White House, an incredible measure of influence over the most powerful nation on earth.
- [Moshé MACHOVER], “ERODING THE CONSENSUS: An interview with Moshé Machover” (Science for the People, Nov 20, 2017)): click here!
Shortly after Moshé Machover was expelled from the British Labour Party, Science for the People activists organized an international petition in his defense. Prioritizing academics from Machover’s fields–Mathematics and Philosophy of Logic–but also featuring Israelis, Palestine solidarity activists and British legal professionals, the list of Lead Signatories quickly became impressively star-studded. Machover’s colleagues had rallied to his defense and, just as we were preparing to deliver and publish the petition, we received word that the expulsion had been rescinded!
- Asa WINSTANLEY, “Unable to oust Corbyn, Israel’s Labour allies shift strategy” (EI, Nov 14): click here!
The shift in the UK’s political terrain since June’s general election has left Corbyn firmly in charge of the main opposition party’s leadership.
- Uri BLAU, “Jewish Federations of North America Formally Slam Israel for Backtracking on Western Wall Deal” (Haaretz, Nov 14): click here!
- Ben WHITE: "Pourquoi la démission de Priti Patel est “une grande perte pour Israël”" (Pour la Palestine, 12 nov, 2017): click here!
l est assez facile de comprendre pourquoi une politicienne ambitieuse comme Priti Patel 1 était désireuse de s’attirer les bonnes grâces des “Amis Conservateurs d’Israël” (Conservative Friends of Israel – CFI), décrits cette semaine par le journaliste du Jewish Chronicle, Marcus Dysch, comme “le plus grand groupe de lobbying de Westminster.
- Jonathan COOK: "What the Priti Patel scandal tells us about the dark operations of UK’s powerful Israel lobby" (J.C., Nov 12, 2017): click here!
There is growing hysteria about foreign interference in US and European politics. Is it not time for western states to show as much concern about the malign influence of Israel’s lobbyists as they do about Russian hackers?
- “Boris Johnson: ‘Balfour clause to protect existing communities has not been met’" (Jewish News, Oct 30, 2017): click here!
Foreign secretary heralds Lord Balfour’s ‘indispensable’ role in the creation of a ‘great nation’, but laments the ‘suffering’ of those displaced by Israel’s establishment.
- James RENTON, “The Balfour Declaration's Racism - and Why It Still Matters" (Haaretz, Oct 26, 2017): click here!
The British policy elite's views reflected deeply embedded notions of the 'Jewish race' and 'Jewish power', the 'impurity' of the Palestinian Arabs - and the incapability of both to ever rule themselves. Those tropes still reverberate today”
- Jeremy STERN-WEINER: "LABOUR CONFERENCE OR NUREMBERG RALLY? ASSESSING THE EVIDENCE" (JS-W, Oct 12, 2017): click here!
IT WAS DIFFICULT to ascertain on the basis of media reports whether Brighton played host this month to a Labour Party conference or a Nuremberg rally. This article investigates claims of antisemitism at the Labour conference and finds them to be without factual basis.
- Amir TIBON: "Helping Israel or Causing It Harm? In Wake of Texas anti-BDS Incident, U.S. Jewish Groups Divided Over Boycott Laws" (Haaretz, Oct 22, 2017): click here!
These incidents are embarrassing and harmful to Israel, and they emphasize how foolish the strategy behind these laws actually is.
- Barak RAVID: "In Unprecedented Move, Eight European Countries to Demand Compensation From Israel for West Bank Demolitions" (Haaretz, Oct 19, 2017): click here!
In a letter, the countries seek $35,000 in compensation for confiscating and demolishing structures they had built in Area C, under full Israeli control.
- Ian BLACK: "The contested centenary of Britain’s ‘calamitous promise’" (The Guardian, Long read, Oct 17, 2017): click here!
The British pledge to establish a ‘Jewish national home’ in Palestine is being celebrated and condemned as a divisive anniversary approaches.
- "(EU) Statement on recent Israeli decisions to promote thousands of settlement units" (EU External Action, Oct 18, 2017): click here!
This week, Israeli authorities further promoted plans, tenders and permits for thousands of settlement units across the West Bank, including, for the first time since 2002, in the heart of Hebron.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Palestine was the issue at Labour Party conference" (EI, Oct 6, 2017): click here!
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn received his longest and loudest standing ovation at his party’s conference when he called for an “end to the oppression of the Palestinian people” and Israel’s “50-year occupation and illegal settlement expansion.”
- Jonathan OFIR: "Moshe Machover and the battle for the soul of British Labour" (Mondoweiss, Oct 6, 2017): click here!
This week, Moshe Machover, a Jewish mathematician and philosophy professor at the University of London, was expelled from the British Labour party, for having written an article called, “Anti-Zionism does not equal anti-Semitism”.
- Bob PITT: "The disgraceful expulsion of Moshé Machover from the Labour Party" (Medium, Oct 4, 2017): click here!
Outrageously, the charges against Moshé include the allegation that he is responsible for writing “an apparently antisemitic article”.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Israeli anti-Zionist expelled from Labour amid anti-Semitism smear" (EI, Oct 4, 2017): click here!
A renowned Israeli anti-Zionist was expelled from Labour on Tuesday, as the party bureaucracy falsely accused him of anti-Semitism.
Retired philosophy professor Moshé Machover told The Electronic Intifada that the expulsion by the UK’s main opposition party was a “clear violation of natural justice,” was “Stalinist” and “completely undemocratic.”
- Jonathan COOK: "New group challenges role of Israel lobby inside Labour Party as effort to undermine Corbyn continues" (Mondoweiss, Oct 4, 2017): click here!
The speech by British Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn at last week’s annual party conference included an unequivocal declaration of solidarity with the Palestinians. “Let’s give real support to end the oppression of the Palestinian people, the 50-year occupation and illegal settlement expansion and move to a genuine two-state solution”.
- Stephen M. WALT: "That ‘Israel Lobby’ Controversy? History Has Proved Us Right" (Forward, Oct 2, 2017): click here!
Ten years ago, John Mearsheimer and I published a controversial article and subsequent book examining the impact of the “Israel Lobby” — that is, a loose coalition of pro-Israel individuals and organizations like the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the Anti-Defamation League, the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and Christians United for Israel, just to name a few.
- Jonathan ROSENHEAD: "Jewish Socialism Past and Present: Antisemitism, Israel, and the Labour Party" (Jewish Voice for Labour, Sept 30, 2017): click here!
Jewish Voice for Labour, a new organisation for Labour Party Jews who don’t want to buy into the Jewish Labour Movement’s pro-Zionist agenda, launched with a flourish at the Labour Party Annual Conference on Monday night 25th September. Or perhaps with a fanfare.
- Damien GAYLE: "UK university censors title of Holocaust survivor's speech criticising Israel" (The Guardian, Sept 29, 2017): click here!
Manchester University talk was to be titled ‘You’re doing to Palestinians what the Nazis did to me’ until Israeli diplomats intervened.
- Moshé MACHOVER: “Anti-Zionism does not equal anti-Semitism"" (Labour Party Marxists, Sept 21, 2017): click here! .
The whole campaign of equating opposition to Zionism with anti-Semitism has, in fact, been carefully orchestrated with the help of the Israeli government and the far right in the US. It is easy to explain why.
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Hamas bends over backwards yet EU retains snub" (EI, Sept 19, 2017): click here!
Far-reaching compromises by Hamas have been met in recent months with a firm wall of intransigence, both from Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas and from the so-called international community – especially the European Union.
- Judy MALTZ: "Jewish Agency Pulls Funding From Israel Experience Program Over West Bank Activism" (Haaretz, Sept 18, 2017): click here!
Following Jewish young adults' visiting an anti-occupation protest camp that is sometimes a flashpoint for violence, the Jewish Agency dumps the program runners.
- Alice SPERI: "Israel Security Forces Are Training American Cops Despite History of Rights Abuses" (The Intercept, Sept 15, 2017): click here!
It’s not uncommon for residents of America’s most heavily policed neighborhoods to describe their local cops as “an occupying force.” Judging by where many U.S. police forces get their training, the description seems apt.
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "EU lets Israel destroy West Bank schools it funded" (EI, Aug 28, 2017): click here!
During the five-hour assault in Jubbet al-Dib, Israeli forces declared the area a closed military zone and used stun grenades, tear gas and rubber-coated metal bullets to keep residents away as they dismantled and confiscated the buildings.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "New Jewish group in Labour Party backs right to BDS" (EI, Aug 17, 2017): click here!
Jewish members of the Labour Party have founded a new group. Jewish Voice for Labour will launch at the UK main opposition party’s conference in Brighton next month.
- Ali ABUNIMAH & Dena SHUNRA: "“Fuck it, wipe out Gaza,” says spokesman for new EU campaign" (EI, Aug 3, 2017): click here!
The European Union has hired an Israeli who advocates genocidal violence against Palestinians as the face of a new promotional campaign. Avishai Ivri appears in a video the EU embassy in Tel Aviv posted on its Facebook page last month.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "The Balfour Declaration: Time to say sorry. Time we made amends" (Redress Information & Analysis, July 23, 2017): click here!
In a letter to a local newspaper about Brexit and the way Prime Minister Theresa May is handling it, I happened to mention in passing the Balfour Declaration, criticising her plans to celebrate the centenary “with pride” and invite Israel’s prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, to the fun.
- Glenn GREENWALD & Ryan GRIM: "U.S. Lawmakers Seek to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel" (The Intercept, July 19, 2017): click here!
The criminalization of political speech and activism against Israel has become one of the gravest threats to free speech in the West. In France, activists have been arrested and prosecuted for wearing T-shirts advocating a boycott of Israel.
- Mikhael MANNEKIN: "Lost in Translation: The Israeli-U.S. Jewish Anti-occupation Alliance Is Broken. Can It Be Fixed?" (Haaretz, July 6, 2017): click here.
While right-wing ties deepen, relations between progressives - against the occupation, for liberal democracy and pluralism in Israel - are fraying. We need a new way to make political change, together.
- Philip WEISS: "Pro-Israel ‘gatekeepers’ at California university shut down search for Edward Said scholar, a candidate say" (Mondoweiss, July 2, 2017): click here.
In April, administrators at California State University at Fresno canceled a search to fill the Edward Said Chair in Middle East Studies after a committee came up with four finalists, all of whom were reported to be of “Middle Eastern background” and to be focused on Palestinian issues.
- Amira HASS: "130 Diaspora Jews Stand Between the Israeli Army and a Palestinian Cave Village" (Haaretz, July 2, 2017): click here.
The Palestinian village of Sarura was destroyed in 1997 and its residents have not returned for fear of settler violence. Dozens of Jewish volunteers from the U.S., Canada and Australia have joined Palestinian activists in renovating it.
- David CRONIN: "Do European Parliament staff work for Israel?" (EI, June 29, 2017): click here.
At this juncture, it would be foolish to predict the full consequences of Brexit. One probability, however, is that Britain’s departure from the European Union will cause Israel to lose a few apologists in Brussels.Those apologists include Britain’s Conservative members of the European Parliament.
- Philip WEISS: "34 House Dems condemn Israeli charges against Issa Amro — follower of civil rights movement and Gandhi?" (Mondoweiss, June 28, 2017): click here.
In yet another sign that the Democratic left is determined to stand up for Palestinian human rights, 34 congresspeople have signed letters supportive of Issa Amro, the courageous and non-violent leader of protest actions in occupied Hebron who has been accused by Israel of 18 charges...
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Why is the EU funding Israeli torturers?" (EI, June 27, 2017): click here.
The European Union is illegally funding Israeli torturers and must stop, a group of prominent international legal experts has concluded. They say that the LAW-TRAIN program violates EU regulations and international law because one of the participants, Israel’s public security ministry, “is responsible for or complicit in torture, other crimes against humanity and war crimes.”
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "EU pledges to help Israel suppress criticism" (EI, June 26, 2017): click here.
During a visit to the Israeli foreign ministry in Jerusalem this week, EU justice commissioner Vera Jourova lauded efforts to remove so-called hate speech from online forums.
- David CRONIN: "Pro-Israel group NGO Monitor teams up with Europe’s far-right" (EI, June 23, 2017): click here.
Displaying enormous hypocrisy, NGO Monitor appears happy to ally itself with actual peddlers of bigotry. Next week, it will jointly host an event in the European Parliament chaired by a representative of the far-right Danish People’s Party.
- Amanda BORSCHEL-DAN: "‘Devastating’ survey shows huge loss of Israel support among Jewish college students" (The Times of Israel, June 21, 2017): click here.
Since its initial coalescence in 2002, Brand Israel has commissioned a large-scale segmentation study in 2010 and a followup in 2016. For anyone with the slightest Zionist impulse, the downward slope of Israel support is disturbing.
- Daniel BARENBOIM: "Germany Is Repaying Its post-Holocaust Debts to Israel - but Not to the Palestinians" (Haaretz, June 8, 2017): click here.
Europe, whose anti-Semitism led to the Holocaust, also has moral and historical obligations towards the Palestinians, who still suffer its consequences.
- "Palestine, 50 ans sous occupation: en Belgique et en Europe, nous avons les moyens d'agir !" (RTBF, 6 juin, 2017): click here.
C’est donc en tant que citoyens d’horizons divers mais tous attachés aux valeurs de justice, de paix et d’égalité, que nous demandons que cessent l’occupation, la colonisation et l’impunité israélienne qui durent depuis 50 ans, afin que le peuple palestinien puisse enfin jouir de ses droits les plus fondamentaux et vivre dans la dignité et la liberté.
- Nikolas KOSMATOPOULOS: "Blue-washing settler-colonialism: The sea beyond Palestine and the maritime BDS" (Anthropologists for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions, June 5, 2017): click here.
Unconditionally backed by the sole superpower and equipped with one of the most advanced armies in the region, Israel promises to recover Greek geopolitical power in the region through enhanced cooperation in oil, tourism, and military affairs. In exchange, Greece supports Israel in crucial international votes.
- David L.MANDEL: "In groundbreaking resolution, California Democratic Party decries US support for Israeli occupation" (Mondoweiss, May 26, 2017): click here.
Palestinian rights supporters steered to passage a groundbreaking resolution that puts California Democrats far ahead of the national and other state parties.
- Devyn SPRINGER: "A historical framework for continued Black-Palestinian solidarity" (Mondoweiss, May 18, 2017): click here.
On October 5, 1961, in a letter to his editor, James Baldwin writes from within Israel: “it has become very important for me to assess what Israel makes me feel.”
- "EU Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation visits the Start-Up Nation" (Delegation of the European Union to Israel, May 17, 2017): click here.
The EU Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, met Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Economy and Industry Eli Cohen, on 17 May to discuss Israel's successful participation in Horizon 2020.
- Philip WEISS: "Courageous Israeli newspaper is indicted as ‘childish’ ‘contrarian’ and ‘antagonistic’ by the yellowbellied New York Times" (Mondoweiss, May 16, 2017): click here.
This is unbelievable. Haaretz is surely one of the greatest newspapers in the world, because it insists on telling Israelis the truth about their society as the country loses the good opinion of the world.
- Lawrence DAVIDSON: "Politicising anti-Semitism: the USA’s and UK’s flawed definition" (Redress Information and Analysis, May 3, 2017): click here.
“Back in the day,” which in this case was 8 February 2007, the US State Department’s Office to Monitor and Combat anti-Semitism adopted a “working definition” of anti-Semitism which included the following point: It is anti-Semitic to “deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination (e.g. by claiming that the existence of a state of Israel is a racist endeavour)”.
- Amir TIBON: "All 100 U.S. Senators Demand UN Take Action Against 'anti-Israel Agenda'" (Haaretz, April 28, 2017): click here.
Entire U.S. Senate sign letter demanding new UN chief 'ensure that Israel is treated neither better nor worse than any other UN member in good standing'.
- Richard FALK & Virginia TILLEY: "Open Letter to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Our Report on Apartheid in Israel" (The Nation, April 25, 2017): click here.
Instead of responding to it with constructive criticism, you launched defamatory attacks on all involved.
- Jonathan ROSENHEAD: "In Defense of Ken Livingstone" (Haaretz, April 12, 2017): click here.
Quoting historical facts can hardly be anti-Semitic, which is presumably why the Labour Party didn’t even charge Livingstone with it.
- Jonathan OFIR: "Why so many are twisting Ken Livingstone’s words about Hitler and Zionism" (Mondoweiss, April 6, 2017): click here.
Two days ago, former London Mayor Ken Livingstone was sentenced to another year of suspension after a hearing by the Labour Party’s national constitutional committee (NCC) concerning his remarks on Hitler’s temporary support for Zionism.
- Barak RAVID: "Israel Slams EU: 32 Humanitarian Crises in the World and Europe's Obsessed With Palestinians" (Haaretz, April 5, 2017): click here.
The criticism comes after the European Union demanded that Israel stop demolishing Palestinian homes in Area C of the West Bank.
- Kamel HAWWASH: "The UK is quietly changing its policy on Israel and Palestine" (MEMo, April 5, 2017): click here.
Palestinians were delighted to see 2016 end with the UN Security Council passing resolution 2334 which reaffirmed the illegality of Israel’s settlement enterprise. The passing of the resolution was facilitated by the US abstention in the dying days of Obama’s administration. The UK played a key role in the drafting of the resolution and then voted in favour.
- Barak RAVID: "EU Sharply Protests Israeli Demolition of Palestinian Homes in Area C, Warns It Will Lead to 'Forced Transfer'" (Haaretz, April 4, 2017): click here.
A routine meeting between the Foreign Ministry's director and the EU envoys last week turned into a protest by the European states against Israel's plan to demolish a Bedouin village.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "“Official” UK anti-Semitism definition gets two-finger salute from legal experts" (Redress Information and Analysis, April 1, 2017): click here!
The enemies of free speech were having a whale of a time – until this week. Britain’s political parties, further education establishments and BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) groups had been bludgeoned into silence on Israel’s crimes by a bogus definition of anti-Semitism formally adopted and deployed by government, police and assorted pro-Israel pimps, stooges and creeps.
- "Les Palestiniens pressent l’U.E. de cesser de tenir des réunions officielles avec le gouvernement israélien à Jérusalem" (Pour la Paix, 19 mars, 2017): click here!
L’U.E. n’en est pas, comme les États-Unis, à envisager de transférer officiellement sa représentation diplomatique de Tel Aviv (considérée par le monde entier à l’exception du gouvernement israélien comme la capitale) à Jérusalem (considérée par le monde entier à l’exception du gouvernement israélien comme une ville occupée, conquise par les armes).
- Michael LESHER: "Rabbi Sacks endorses religious crimes in video against BDS" (Mondoweiss, March 3, 2017): click here!
Jonathan Sacks, former Chief Rabbi of the United Kingdom, has written some sensible things in the past, particularly about the dangers of religious exclusivism and about the roots of sectarian violence in what he calls the fallacy of “altruistic evil.”
- Robert FISK: "Theresa May wants British people to feel 'pride' in the Balfour Declaration. What exactly is there to be proud of?" (Independent, March 2, 2017): click here!
Balfour initiated a policy of British support for Israel which continues to this very day, to the detriment of the occupied Palestinians of the West Bank and the five million Palestinian refugees living largely in warrens of poverty around the Middle East, including Israeli-besieged Gaza. Surely we should apologise.
- David CRONIN: "Who funds Irish4Israel?" (EI, March 1, 2017): click here!
Each time Israel’s supporters in Ireland decide to smear the Palestine solidarity movement, there is a strong likelihood that a man called Barry Williams will be quoted in the media.
- "Free speech on Israel under attack in universities - Letter from 243 academics" (The Guardian, 27 Feb, 2017): click here!
"These are outrageous interferences with free expression, and are direct attacks on academic freedom. As academics with positions at UK universities, we wish to express our dismay at this attempt to silence campus discussion about Israel, including its violation of the rights of Palestinians for more than 50 years. It is with disbelief that we witness explicit political interference in university affairs in the interests of Israel under the thin disguise of concern about antisemitism."
- Ben WHITE: "Israeli Apartheid Week: How campus activism is being shut down by false charges of 'anti-Semitism'" (Middle East Eye, Feb 23, 2017): click here!
Earlier this week, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) cancelled an event planned as part of ‘Israeli Apartheid Week’, on the grounds that it “contravenes” a controversial definition of anti-Semitism recently endorsed by the UK government.
- David CRONIN: "Israel lobby’s squirming over settlements won’t fool anyone" (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 22, 2017): click here!
The task of Israel’s advocates has become a lot more complicated. At least, that is the argument which one such lobbyist has been making. Alex Benjamin, head of the organization Europe Israel Public Affairs (EIPA), recently lamented that his friends and acquaintances in Brussels weren’t enamored by moves towards annexing most of the West Bank.
- Gabrielle LEFEVRE: "Tzipi Livni confrontée à la loi belge sur la compétence universelle" (entre les lignes, 20 janvier 2017): click here!
Tzipi Livni, ancienne ministre des Affaires étrangères d’Israël, renonce à venir à Bruxelles, attendue par la Justice belge au nom de la compétence universelle. Cette importante personnalité politique israélienne devait assister ce lundi 23 janvier au Parlement européen...
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "AIPAC’s secretive strategy to transform UK politics" (The Electronic Intifada, Jan 14): click here!
AIPAC is hoping to turn UK politics into a carbon copy of the US Congress, where the powerful lobby group has long quashed virtually all open criticism of Israel’s violent suppression of Palestinian rights.
- "Exclusive: Israel lobby infiltrates UK student movement" (Al Jazeera Investigative Unit's series "The Lobby", Jan 11): click here!
Israeli embassy influencing students and founding youth groups in main parties, Al Jazeera’s Investigative Unit reveals.
- Jonathan COOK: "How many British MPs are working for Israel?" (Redress Information & Analysis, Jan 9, 2017): click here!
Aljazeera is to be congratulated on an undercover investigation exposing something most of us could probably have guessed: that some Israeli embassy staff in the UK – let’s not pussy around, Mossad agents – are working with senior political activists and politicians in the Conservative and Labour parties to subvert their own parties from within, and skew British foreign policy so that it benefits Israeli, rather than British, interests.
- Amjad IRAQI: "U.S. abstention is a message to Europe: End Israel’s impunity" (+972, 26 Dec, 2016): click here!
The U.S. essentially admitted that its unyielding defense of Israel in the diplomatic arena was a disastrous strategy. With Obama bowing out, Europe will need to act on this lesson.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Christmas memo to Prime Minister Theresa May: Stop worshipping Israel. Learn the ugly truth" (Redress Information & Analysis, 21st Dec, 2016): click here!
This is still a Christian country, as your colleague David Cameron reminded us not so long ago. But you wouldn’t think so when non-Christian creeds are given exceptional protection and privileges to smooth their ruffled feathers. Your government is even introducing new laws to stifle questions about Israel’s legitimacy and quash criticism of its criminal policies.
- Peter BEINART: "American Jewish Establishment Stifles Free Speech to Silence Zionism’s Critics" (Haaretz, Dec 7, 2016): click here!
According to the Senate’s new Anti-Semitism Awareness Act, Henrietta Szold, Hannah Arendt and Martin Buber could also be defined as Jew-haters.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "UK Momentum’s Jackie Walker vs the Zionist inquisition" (Redress Information & Analysis, Nov 28, 2016): click here!
“Sacked Momentum vice-chair to address anti-Israel event… Labour activist Jackie Walker to speak at Palestine Solidarity Campaign church event,” screeched a Jewish News headline.
- Uri SAVIR: "Will Trump's win prompt EU to adopt independent Mideast policy?" (Al-Monitor, Nov 20, 2016): click here!
Given US President-elect Donald Trump's past declarations regarding the two-state solution, the European Union is now exploring a more independent regional policy as a basis for international consensus.
- Yakov HIRSCH: "When Sanders changed political reality. And hasbara culture slapped him down." (Mondoweiss, Nov 18, 2016): click here!
The shocking Donald Trump victory in the 2016 election has many people wondering what if it had been Bernie Sanders facing off against Donald Trump. How tantalizing does that race seem now? Naturally we hear if Hillary couldn’t beat Trump, how would Sanders?
- Charlotte SILVER: "New lawsuit challenges US weapons sales to Israel" (The Electronic Intifada, Nov 15, 2016): click here!
The US government is being sued for authorizing massive weapons deliveries to Israel. A new lawsuit notes that the State Department approved the export of more than 47 million rounds of ammunition to Israel between 2007 and 2009. That was enough to “injure or kill every Palestinian living under occupation 10 times over,” according to the lawsuit.
- Nada ELIA: "Regardless of the election the struggle remains unchanged" (Mondoweiss, Nov 10, 2016): click here!
Wednesday, November 9, 2016. A very large segment of the American people are shell-shocked. Bitterly critical as we were of Hillary Clinton, and I include myself in that camp, we still somehow expected her to win. We thought she, and “the establishment,” were invincible.
- Hugh LOVATT: "EU differentiation and the push for peace in Israel-Palestine" (European Council on Foreign Relations, Oct 31, 2016): click here!
Next year will mark the 50 year anniversary of Israel’s de facto annexation and prolonged occupation of Palestinian territory. The approaching milestone will bring with it a renewed focus on both the failings and future direction of international peacemaking efforts.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "UK lawmakers push to outlaw criticism of Zionism" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 16, 2016): click here!
A new report by an influential parliamentary committee has recommended that the UK outlaw the word “Zionist” when used “in an accusatory context.” Published on Sunday, the Home Affairs Select Committee’s report also slams Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn for heading a party with “institutionally anti-Semitic” elements.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Decency demands we smoke out the real perpetrators of war crimes against Aleppo and Gaza" (Redress Information & Analysis, Oct 14, 2016): click here!
As Western outrage erupts over the relentless destruction of Aleppo and its people, why is there no similar clamour for a halt to the more prolonged pulverising of Gaza and the continuing slaughter of civilians there?
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "State Department’s alternate reality on Palestine" (EI, Oct 7, 2016): click here!
The Obama administration just handed Israel the largest military aid deal in US history. Now it is feigning outrage that Israel keeps colonizing the occupied West Bank, as it has done for decades, in defiance of the White House’s wishes.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Never mention the J-word – it’s not applicable to Palestine!" (Redress Information & Analysis, Sept 20, 2016): click here!
It seems our politicians, on both sides of the Atlantic, are under instructions to drop the J-word from their vocabulary. I mean J-for-Justice, conspicuously missing from any discussion about Middle East peace and, more specifically, an end to the hell in the Holy Land.
- Rachel STROUMSA: "Will the U.S. Stop Importing Israeli Torture Techniques?" (Haaretz, Sept 18, 2016): click here!
In the wake of Guantanamo, CIA practice exposed and Trump's waterboarding enthusiasm, America had started a conversation about the moral and political costs of torture. Israel hasn't gotten there yet.
- Maya WAHRMAN: "Blame the West for ISIS? Yes - but Go Back to 1925" (Haaretz, Sept 5, 2016): click here!
In 2016, ISIS is asking Iraqis the same question (though brutally and violently) as the West’s bureaucrats did in 1925: Who belongs and who does not?
- Sam BAHOUR: "US fuelling Israel's civil war" (Middle East Eye, Aug 24, 2016): click here!
“US should withhold military aid until Israel recognises Palestinian sovereignty.
- Eric ALTERMAN: "Israel, Don't Tell Diaspora Jews How to Be 'More Jewish' " (Haaretz, August 24, 2016): click here!
It's hard to tell what's more offensive about Netanyahu and Bennett's new initiative to 'strengthen' Jewish identity abroad: the idea itself or its ham-handed, arrogant and ultimately counterproductive execution.
- Alex KANE: "ADL took US cops to Israeli prison, occupied Hebron and settler winery during counter-terror seminar" (Mondoweiss, August 26, 2016): click here!
The cops flew into Tel Aviv on a Sunday afternoon. Four hours later, they met with an Anti-Defamation League official and an Israeli professor, who gave them an “introduction to Israeli politics and society.”
- Jonny BOYLE: "Saint-Etienne Fans Fly Palestine Flags v Beitar Jerusalem a Week After Celtic Fans Do Same" (Talking Baws, August 26, 2016): click here!
Saint-Etienne fans flew Palestine flags during their game against Beitar Jerusalem last night just a week after Celtic did the same against Hapoel Be’er Sheva.
- Nasim AHMED: "How deep is the connection between Celtic fans and Palestine?" (MEMo, August 25, 2016): click here!
Thousands were touched by the Celtic fans’ show of solidarity with the Palestinian people. Large sections of the stadium turned into a sea of green, red, black and white as fans raised the Palestinian flag despite repeated warnings from European football’s governing body (UEFA).
- Nitzan HOROWITZ: "The Messiah Won’t Come to Israel From Across the Atlantic" (Haaretz, August 24, 2016): click here!
The longing for international pressure is not only pointless, but enfeebling and enervating.”
- Uri SAVIR: "Is EU giving up on Israel-Palestine conflict?" (Al Monitor, August 21, 2016): click here!
With the US preoccupied by elections, Egypt not committed, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas politically weak and Israel reluctant, the European Union is about to give up on the two-state solution process.
- "European parliamentarians’ delegation to Palestine demands freedom for Bilal Kayed, end of administrative detention" (Samidoun, August 19, 2016): click here!
A group of European parliamentarians and lawyers recently returned from a delegation to Palestine organized by Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, working in cooperation with Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association.
- David ROSENBERG: "Arm-twisters and Stormtroopers" (Pluto Press Blog, August 19, 2016): click here!
Open any British newspaper, from the Guardian to the Mail, and be confronted with anti-Corbyn smears. Attacks that have included criticism of poor local election results, weak media management or “woeful” Prime Minister’s Questions performances are now fixated on linking Corbyn with a supposedly ‘endemic’ anti-semitism in Labour’s rank and file.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "Another of Israel’s pimps to become Labour’s saviour?" (Redress Information and Analysis, August 16, 2016): click here!
Unbelievably, Labour Party chiefs are trying to persuade David Miliband to come back from New York, parachute into a safe seat and snatch the Labour Party leadership from Jeremy Corbyn, according to newspaper reports.
- "Grossière ingérence israélienne dans les "libertés académiques" en Allemagne : l'Université d'Hildesheim gravement diffamée" (Luc Delval, Pour la Palestine, 10 août): click here!
De toute éternité, les humains ont eu besoin de se raconter de belles histoires pour se rassurer. Les contes de fée, le Père Noël, l'amour éternel, le gouvernement du peuple par le peuple, le Tour de France ou les Jeux olympiques sans dopage, ... les libertés académiques face au sionisme.
- "UK calls on Israel to halt illegal settlement activity, condems plans for 323 new units in Jerusalem" (Ma'an, July 30, 2016): click here!
British Minister for the Middle East Tobias Ellwood condemned on Thursday Israel's decision moving forward with another 323 illegal settlement units in occupied East Jerusalem.
- Carol MORELLO and Ruth EGLASH: "Israel and U.S. are close to a deal on the biggest military aid package ever" (The Washington Post, July 29, 2016): click here!
A senior Israeli official will arrive in Washington next week for a final round of negotiations involving the largest military aid package the United States has ever given any country and that will last more than a decade after President Obama leaves office.
- "US State Department: Israeli settlements entrenching region in 'perpetual occupation and conflict'" (Ma'an, July 29, 2016): click here!
The US Department of State released a statement Wednesday slamming Israel’s continued settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank, while expressing concern over the recent increase of demolitions on Palestinian homes that have left dozens of Palestinians homeless this week.
- Yotam BERGER: "EU Slams Israel's Destruction of Palestinian Homes in West Bank's Area C" (Haaretz, July 27, 2016): click here!
Israel has granted only 44 construction permits in response to over 2,000 requests, Lars Faaborg-Andersen tells Knesset meeting. Buildings that were destroyed were 'illegal buildings,' Israeli body says in response.
- "EU eyes Israeli technology for surveillance: Official" (Press-TV, July 22, 2016): click here!
Many of the Israeli arms technologies being sold to Europe are used in the repression of Palestinians, including in the destructive 2014 war on the besieged and densely-populated Gaza Strip.
- Peter BEINART: "What I Saw Last Friday in Hebron" (Haaretz, July 19, 2016): click here!
Palestinians asked American Jews to join them in a 'Freedom Summer.' The result was extraordinary.
- Peter BEAUMONT: "Ambassadors protest at Israel's confiscation of West Bank shelters" (The Guardian, July 18, 2016): click here!
Eight ambassadors to Israel have written to the Israeli military accusing it of breaking international humanitarian law by confiscating shelters for Bedouins in the occupied West Bank that were paid for by European governments.
- Andrew RETTMAN: "EU: Israeli occupation is 'root' cause of violence" (EU Observer, July 15, 2016): click here!
EU states, in an internal report drafted last year, have said the outbreak of Palestinian knife and car-ramming attacks against Israelis in Jerusalem is due, in large part, to Israel’s occupation. They said the attacks began after right-wing Israeli politicians and religious groups began to question the status quo on Arab rights at the Temple Mount complex in the Old City.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Media concoct firestorm as Jeremy Corbyn launches anti-Semitism report" (The Electronic Intifada, 30 June, 2016): click here!
A lawmaker caused a media firestorm at the launch of an independent UK Labour Party report into anti-Semitism and racism on Thursday. The report failed to back claims that the Labour Party had been overrun by anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and other forms of racism.
- Maren MANTOVANI: "Europe still funding Israeli torture, drones and racial profiling" (Middle East Eye, 29 June, 2016): click here!
As European leaders are gathered in Brussels to discuss the future of the EU, they would be well advised to put into effect values of accountability, justice and solidarity - and halt funding for Israel's repressive apparatus against Palestinians.
- "EU moet sancties in stelling brengen om einde te maken aan Israëlische bezetting" (11.11.11, juni 2016): klik hier! Trad. sur Pour la Palestine: cliquez ici!
Op 3 juni 2016 verzamelden buitenlandministers uit 29 landen in Parijs voor een internationale conferentie over het Israëlisch-Palestijnse vredesproces. De slotverklaring raakte niet verder dan de recyclage van elementen waarover al decennia lang een consensus bestaat.
- "Middle East Peace process" (European External Action Service, June 15, 2016): klik hier!
The Resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict is a fundamental interest of the EU. The EU’s objective is a two-state solution with an independent, democratic, viable and contiguous Palestinian state living side-by-side in peace and security with Israel and its other neighbours.
- Barak RAVID: "EU Warns Israel: Policy of Demolishing Palestinian Homes in Area C Will Harm Relations" (Haaretz, May 31, 2016): click here!
Israeli official details tense and difficult meeting in which the EU expressed opposition to 'home demolition and forced evacuation of populations.'
- Gili COHEN: "Israel's Weapons Sales to Europe More Than Double Amid Refugee Crisis" (Haaretz, May 31, 2016): click here!
Sales to Europe grew from $724 million in 2014 to $1.63 billion in 2015, presumably as a consequence of the refugee crisis and the rise in terror attacks on the continent. Sales to North America also climbed, to $1.02 billion.
- "European License for Israeli Torture: the EU-Israel LAW TRAIN joint project" (Stop the Wall, May 30, 2016, pdf, 10p.): click here!
New concerns arise as activists discovered the EU-Israel partnership through the LAWTRAIN Project in the framework of the EU HORIZON 2020. The project is meant to unify the methodology for interrogation among Israeli and EU police forces and is a de facto normalisation of Israel’s most cruel practices, including physical and psychological torture, ill-treatment, arbitrary detention, threats, racial discrimination.
- Brigitte HERREMANS: "The EU’s Self-Defeating Aid Policy towards Palestine" (Centre for European Policy Studies, CEPS Policy Brief, N° 343, May, 2016, pdf, 10p.): click here!
Motivated by the dual aims of strengthening the Middle East Peace Process and contributing to Palestinian state-building, the European Union and its member states have been the biggest donors of financial assistance to the Palestinians.
- Yitzhak LAOR: "Corbyn and Israel: Concept and Reality" (Verso Books, May 18e, 2016): click here!
The concept of Israel has become a hidden cornerstone within political consensus in Western European states. This is not unrelated to the disappearing differences between the traditional Left and Right. Within the current political climate, not only Germany but also all other western states are ‘friends of Israel’.
- "Israel dismantles EU-funded homes in Jerusalem-area Bedouin neighborhood" (Ma'an, May 16, 2016): click here!
Some 90 Palestinian Bedouins, the majority of them children, were left homeless on Monday when Israeli forces disassembled EU-donated mobile homes without giving prior notice in the Jabal al-Baba neighborhood in the outskirts of the village of al-Eizariya east of Jerusalem.
- Hilary AKED: "Israel lobby in Brussels exposed" (The New Arab, 12 mei, 2016): click here!
A detailed new report raises troubling questions for all those who retain hope for a transparent and democratic Europe that is supportive of the Palestinian struggle, writes Hilary Aked.
- Lode VANOOST: "Israël-lobby VS financiert Israël-lobby in Brussel en EU" (De Wereld Morgen, 11 mei, 2016): click here!
In een rapport beschrijven drie onderzoekers hoe rechtse Amerikaanse organisaties en personen die in de VS islamofobie en steun voor de koloniale nederzettingen van Israël in Palestina promoten ook financieel actief zijn in Brussel om de Europese pro-Israël-lobby te ondersteunen. Hun onderzoek nam twee jaar in beslag.
- Jonathan COOK: "Once, most Jews viewed Israel as the anti-semite’s best friend" (Mondoweiss, May 10, 2016): click here!
It was an assessment no one expected from the deputy head of the Israeli military. In his Holocaust Day speech last week, Yair Golan compared current trends in Israel with Germany in the early 1930s, as Nazism took hold.
- "Israëlische vernielingen van Palestijnse eigendommen: tijd voor Europese actie" (Knack, 7 mei, 2016): click here!
Slopingen zijn geen nieuw fenomeen in bezet Palestijns gebied, maar een essentieel onderdeel van het wrede leven onder de bijna 50 jaar durende Israëlische bezetting. De schaal van de afgelopen maanden is echter ongezien, schrijft 11.11.11.
- Max BLUMENTHAL: "How Opponents of UK Labour Leader Corbyn Advanced a Political Coup with Antisemitism Smears" (AlterNet, May 6, 2016): click here!
Inside the pro-Israel campaign to crush Labour’s left-wing insurgency... Though Labour performed far better in the May 5 local elections than a generally hostile media predicted, Corbyn’s opponents are determined to paint him as unelectable, just as they did during last year’s campaign for leadership.
- Philip WEISS & Adam HOROWITZ: "Saying Israel has no right to exist as a Jewish state is not anti-Semitic" (Mondoweiss, May 3, 2016): click here!
In practice, the Jewish State in Israel/Palestine has meant an ethnocracy where Jews are given special and exclusive rights over other citizens and non-citizens under the sovereignty of the Israeli government. This is a system that we (Horowitz and Weiss) reject for political, personal and moral reasons that are in no way connected to vilifying or discriminating against Jews, the traditional definition of anti-Semitism.
- Jonathan COOK: "The true anti-semites, past and present" (Jonathan Cook, May 3, 2016): click here!
We are desperately in need of some sanity as the British political and media establishment seek to generate yet another “new anti-semitism” crisis, on this occasion to undermine a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour party before the upcoming local elections.
- Robert COHEN: "Advice to British leftwingers on kicking racism out of their anti-Israel rhetoric" (Mondoweiss, May 2, 2016): click here!
Too often I see those in solidarity with Palestinians lose the plot and allow opponents to grab the agenda and deflect attention from where the suffering really exists. That’s exactly what’s been happening in Britain this week as a row over antisemitism in the Labour Party has dominated the news.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "Uses and abuses of the word ‘Zionism’" (MEMo, May 2, 2016): click here!
Michael Levy, the Labour Party peer and Tony Blair’s former “Lord Cashpoint” claimed on BBC Newsnight a few days ago that “using the word Zionist” is “another form of anti-Semitism”. Using the word. This is an astonishing new level in the attempt to crush dissent over Israel and designate thought crimes.
- Carolina LANDSMAN: "Saying 'No' to Israel While Giving It the Go-ahead" (Haaretz, May 2, 2016): click here!
When the world’s conduct is understood in terms of guilt, one realizes that it needs to be helped to understand that the best way to see to the wellbeing of Israel is to present it with boundaries.
- Robert MACKEY: "Why a British Fight Over Israel and Anti-Semitism Matters to the Rest of Us" (The Intercept, May 1, 2016): click here!
At first glance, the heated argument two members of the British Labour Party conducted in front of reporters’ iPhones on Thursday, sparked by accusations that one of their colleagues posted anti-Semitic comments on Facebook, seems like a story of interest mainly to political junkies in London.
- Asa WINSTANLEY: "How Israel lobby manufactured UK Labour Party’s anti-Semitism crisis" (The Internet Intifada, April 28, 2016): click here!
Last year, socialist stalwart Jeremy Corbyn won the leadership of the UK’s Labour Party by a landslide. Since then, there has been a steady flow of claims by Israel’s supporters that Corbyn has not done enough to combat anti-Semitism.
- Maidhc Ó CATHAIL: "Likud Becomes a Regional Member of the European Parliament" (CounterPunch, April 27, 2016): click here.
Although Israel is geographically located in Asia, the self-described “Jewish state” has emphasized its Europeanness whenever it has suited it to do so.
- Rashid KHALIDI: "The US Elections, Attacks on Activists, and a Changing Discourse" (Al Shabaka, April 25, 2016): click here.
In his 2013 book "Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East", Al-Shabaka Policy Advisor Rashid Khalidi identified three main patterns that have characterized United States policy towards the conflict since 1948: The complaisance of Arab rulers that need US support against their own peoples; presidential solicitude for domestic constituencies; and US unconcern about the fate of the Palestinians.
- Steven J. ROSEN: "The EU’s Israel Problem Goes Far Beyond Labels" (The Tower Magazine, January 2016): click here.
Although Europe’s most important leaders are vocally opposed to boycotts of Israel, unelected bureaucrats in Brussels are working to make isolating Israel an official EU policy.
- Hugh LOVATT and Mattia TOALDO: "Eu Differentiation and Israeli Settlements" (European Council on Foreign Relations, July 2015, pdf, 12p.): click here.
- Barak RAVID: "EU Document Suggests Recalling Envoys if Israeli Settlements Threaten Two-state Solution" (Haaretz, Nov 17, 2014)): click here.
Two-page document includes two chapters of ‘sticks’ to be used against Israel, a chapter of ‘carrots’ for the Palestinians.
- David CRONIN: "Revealed: EU science chief promised to be “flexible” towards Israel’s war crimes" (The Internet Intifada, 15 Oct 2014): click here!
Israel’s war crimes sometimes have to be overlooked, according to a senior European Union representative. During 2013, Israel reacted angrily when Brussels officials issued a policy paper stating that the EU would not award funding to firms and institutions based in Jewish-only settlements in the occupied West Bank.
- Leandros FISCHER: "The German Left’s Palestine Problem" (Jacobin, 12 March, 2014)): click here!
Die Linke’s position on Palestine has isolated it from the global solidarity movement.
Voor het archief klik hier!
- *"Lost count? Israel killed 43 Palestinians in November" (If Americans Knew, Dec 5, 2019).
- Jonathan COOK: "Israel prepares to turn Bedouin citizens into refugees in their own country" (Mondoweiss, Oct 16, 2019).
- A. Daniel ROTH: "Each morning brings the fear of losing everything" (+972, Aug 25, 2019).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "The Protest Dispersed. Then an Israeli Sniper Shot a 9-year-old Boy in the Head" (Haaretz, July 20, 2019, via IAK).
- Entsar ABU JAHAL: "Plenty of fish in Gaza sea, but not for Palestinians" (Al-Monitor, June 14, 2019).
- Myriam DEPREZ: "Susiya: The build-and-destroy dance of Israel’s demolitions" (Middle East Monitor, May 10, 2019).
- OCHA (oPt), Child labour increasing in Gaza" (OCHA - Monthly Humanitarian Bulletin, April 2019, May 14, 2019).
- Netta AHITUV, "Endless trip to hell': Israel jails hundreds of Palestinian boys a year. These are their testimonies" (Breaking the Silence via Haaretz, March 16, 2019).
- Tamara NASSAR: "Israel’s war on its Palestinian citizens" (The Internet Intifada, 26 Feb, 2019).
- Gideon LEVY: "In Land of Illegal Outposts and Hate Crimes, Another Palestinian Life Claimed" (Haaretz, Jan 27, 2019).
- "Report: Crimes against Humanity: Israel killed at least 45 Palestinian children in Gaza" (Ma'an News Agency, Jan 19, 2019).
- Yumna PATEL: "‘Waging War on Shufat’: Jerusalem municipality demolishes 21 businesses in East Jerusalem refugee camp" (Mondoweiss, Nov 22, 2018).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Israeli soldier executed Gaza teen at close range: witness" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 13, 2018).
- "September 2018 report: 378 Palestinians arrested as Khader Adnan, Omran al-Khatib continue hunger strikes" (Samidoun, Oct 11, 2018).
- "Palestinians Protest Planned Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar" (Telesur, July 28, 2018).
- Yumna PATEL: "Israeli forces kill 15-year-old Palestinian in refugee camp raid" (Mondoweiss, July 23, 2018).
- Amira HASS: "Night raids and attack dogs: For West Bank Palestinians, their homes are not their castles" (Haaretz, June 17, 2018).
- Neve GORDON: "Gaza's Passover massacre" (Al-Jazeera, April 1, 2018)
- "Israel killed 3 Palestinian civilians, injured 500, in first half of March" (Middle East Monitor, March 16)
- Omar KARMI: “Gaza in a vice” (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 13, 2018).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: “Like a Safari: Israeli Troops in Jeeps Hunt a Palestinian Teen and Shoot Him in the Head” (Haaretz, Feb 9, 2018, now freely available via: If Americans Knew).
- Amira HASS: "On the Margins of the Murder”, (Haaretz, Nov 12, 2017): click here!
- "Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including 4 minors, in overnight raids" (Ma'an, March 29, 2017).
- Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017).
- "Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).
- Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).
- Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016).
- "A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016).
- "Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016).
- "Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).
- Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016).
- "Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).
- Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016).
- "After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).
- Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).
- Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).
- Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).
- Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).
- Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016).
- "Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016).
- "UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).
- Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." Geen gelijke kansen zonder evenwaardig onderwijs. Zo denkt de Arabisch-Israëlische professor Dalia Fadila er alleszins over. (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).
- Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).
- C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).
- Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).
- Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).
- Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).
- Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).
- Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).
- Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).
- Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).
- Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).
- Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).
- Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).
- Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015).
- "Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).
- Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015).
- "Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).
- Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).
- Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."
- Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).