BACBI: Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- "Le livre noir de la colonisation de Jérusalem Est, écrit par les consuls européens sur place" (CAPJPO - EuroPalestine, février 13, 2017): click here!.
Mediapart publie le rapport confidentiel des consuls européens à Jérusalem et Ramallah, qui vient d’être transmis à Bruxelles. Selon ce texte, dont nous publions quelques extraits, "la situation à Jérusalem n’a jamais été aussi menaçante depuis 1967".
- Sarah HELM: "It's too late to stop the senseless capture of Palestinian land" (The Guardian, Feb 13, 2017): click here!.
...our own spineless world leaders who could have implemented international law and stopped the illegal building and the senseless capture of Palestinian land, when they had the chance.
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "'State of Jenin': A Palestinian Refugee Camp Raided by Israeli Troops Night After Night" (Haaretz, Feb 10, 2017): click here!.
After a soldier was wounded in Jenin, the IDF intensified its nighttime raids there.
And when the Israelis don’t enter this West Bank refugee camp, the Palestinian security forces do.
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "An Israeli Army Tactic: Intimidating Palestinian Children in the Night" (Haaretz, Jan 12, 2017): click here!.
IDF soldiers burst into a Palestinian home after midnight, and awakened two boys to warn them not to take part in protests. On their way out, they tossed stun grenades into neighbors' yards.
- "Editorial: Ahead of a Disaster in Gaza" (Haaretz, Jan 10, 2017): click here!.
Israel has both the ability and the responsibility to prevent the UN's warning from coming true: that in 2020, Gaza will no longer be fit for human habitation.
- "Israeli army kills Palestinian in West Bank Faraa camp" (Al Jazeera, Jan 10, 2017): click here!.
Soldiers raided the Faraa refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, shooting dead one Palestinian and arresting three.
- Nada ELIA: "Stop glossing over the siege in Gaza and call it what it is: genocide" (Middle East Eye, Jan 10, 2017): click here!.
Just as there has been a discursive shift to call the occupation of Palestine an apartheid, we must acknowledge what is really happening in Gaza.
- Ayelett SHANI: "Israeli Witness in Gaza: No Water, No Electricity and Children Dying Unnecessarily" (Haaretz, Jan 6, 2017): click here!.
Salah Haj Yahya, 50, who lives in Taibeh, runs a mobile clinic on behalf of Physicians for Human Rights and leads medical teams going to Gaza. We met at a Tel Aviv café, on a Thursday morning.
- "PA arrested more than 2000 Palestinians in 2016" (MEMo, Jan 4, 2017): click here!.
The Arab Organisation for Human Rights has revealed that the Palestinian Authority summonsed and arrested 2,214 Palestinian citizens during 2016, Quds Press reported on Tuesday. In a report, the organisation said that the data it has collected showed an increase in the arrest and summons of Palestinians for political and union activities.
- Amira HASS: “Palestinian Time in Israeli Hands" (Haaretz, Jan 4, 2017): click here!.
Hours a day, every day, at every gate in the separation fence, at every checkpoint, at every vehicle inspection post, Palestinians' lives come to a halt as they wait for armed Israeli soldiers to let them go past”.
- Griff WITTE: "Israeli settlements grew on Obama’s watch. They may be poised for a boom on Trump’s" (The Washington Post, Jan 2, 2017): click here!.
Soldiers raided the Faraa refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, shooting dead one Palestinian and arresting three.
- "2016: A deadly year in the occupied Palestinian territory and Israel" (Ma'an, Jan 1, 2017): click here!.
The past year has been a deadly and violent one for Palestinians living in the occupied West Bank and besieged Gaza Strip. In 2016 alone, more than 100 Palestinians were killed, the majority shot dead by Israeli forces.
- "UN: Israeli demolitions of Palestinian homes reach record high in 2016" (Ma'an, Dec 30, 2016): click here!
Israel demolished more Palestinian homes in the occupied territory in 2016 than in any year since the United Nations began documenting demolitions in 2009, while Israel also increased restrictions on the movement of Palestinians in the occupied territory in 2016.
- "Israeli authorities demolish Palestinian structures in East Jerusalem" (Ma'an, Dec 29, 2017): click here!.
Israel’s Jerusalem municipality demolished Palestinian-owned structures in the occupied East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan on Wednesday, under the pretext that they lacked Israeli-issued building permits, according to local organization the Wadi Hilweh Information Center.
- Bo SHACK: "Denied a human standard of living: The Gaza blockade has entered its tenth year" (UNRWA, Oct 21, 2016): click here!
“I have survived the past three wars, but that is not the problem. In this place, wars come and go. The bigger struggle is not to lose hope. The only way I can do that is to retreat, and create my own world, and become oblivious."
- "Full Text of UNESCO's Contentious Resolution on Jerusalem and the Countries That Voted" (Haaretz, Oct 18, 2016): click here! [The official document: click here.
- Nir HASSON: "UNESCO's Reminder to Israel: Jerusalem Is Occupied Territory" (Haaretz, Oct 14, 2016): click here!
Contrary to Israeli criticism, UNESCO's resolution on Temple Mount has nothing to do with staking religious claims, and even includes some wins for Israel. If Israel wants the world to recognize Judaism's link to Jerusalem, it must sit down and talk to the Palestinians.
- Shlomi ELDAR: "What's driving Palestinian attacks?" (Al-Monitor, Oct 13, 2016): click here!
When the wave of Palestinian violence broke out, most of the assailants were youngsters who believed that their acts would bring closer Palestinian statehood; but recent attacks seem motivated largely by religious beliefs.
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Liberman’s punishment strategy brings an end to West Bank calm" (Al-Monitor, Sept 23, 2016): click here!
Is Israel on the brink of a new wave of terror? According to senior Palestinian security officials, the writing was on the wall from the minute Avigdor Liberman assumed office in late May as Israel’s defense minister and dictated a carrot-and-stick policy of rewards and punishments for Palestinian villages, depending on the origins of Palestinian assailants.
- Haaretz Editorial: "Israel Must End Its Shameful Policy of Collective Punishment " (Haaretz, Sept 21, 2016): click here!
Every time a police officer closes a store with no legal justification, it just makes it all the more clear to the local residents and the rest of the world that East Jerusalem is occupied territory by any law.
- "Income Stagnation and Worsening Living Standards Continue For Palestinian Families" (The World Bank, Sept 14, 2016): click here!
The prolonged period of slow economic growth has resulted in persistently high unemployment and stagnation in the average income of Palestinian citizens, according to the latest World Bank report on the Palestinian economy. The economy will not be able to reach its potential without a peace resolution but meaningful steps can avoid further deterioration.
- "UN: Palestinian economy would be twice as large without Israeli occupation" (MEMo, Sept 7, 2016): click here!
The Palestinian economy would be at least twice as large without the Israeli occupation, according to a new report published by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
- Jonathan COOK: "Israel’s plan to retool occupation includes color-coding ‘good’ and ‘bad’ Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Aug 31, 2016): click here!
Launched this month, as much of the world was on holiday, Avigdor Lieberman’s plan for the Palestinians – retooling Israel’s occupation – received less attention than it should. Defence minister since May, Lieberman has been itching to accelerate Israel’s annexation by stealth of the West Bank.
- "Israeli settlers open the sewage water on the Palestinian fields in Husan Village" (Joint Advocacy Initiative, Aug 30, 2016): click here!
On the early morning of August 20, 2016 the Israeli settlers from Bitar Eliet settlement opened the sewage water on the fields of the Palestinian farmers in Hussan village which is located west of Bethlehem. More than 40 dunums (1 dunum = 1000 m2) of cultivated lands was affected by the sewage water damage. These fields were owned by 12 families from Hussan.
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Has Israeli defense minister changed IDF's West Bank strategy?" (Al-Monitor, Aug 25, 2016): click here!
The Israel Defense Forces have been carrying out regular operations in the Dheisheh refugee camp and the villages of Hebron governorate, all inside West Bank's Area A and ostensibly under full Palestinian control.
- "Shaath: 62% of the West Bank Turned into Israeli Settlements" (The Palestine Chronicle, Aug 25, 2016): click here!
The Commissioner of Intentional Relations of the Fatah Movement, Nabil Shaath, has said in a statement that 62% of Palestinian lands in the West Bank have been turned into Israeli settlements, and the number of Israeli settlers has doubled five times since the signing of the Oslo agreement in 1993. Shaath added during a meeting with a delegation of Palestinians living in Israel, “The number of Israeli settlers has increased from 160,000 to 780,000 since signing the Oslo Peace Accords in 1993.”
- Jonathan COOK: "The Birth of Agro-Resistance in Palestine" (Counterpunch, Aug 24, 2016): click here!
“The olive is important for our food security and our cultural representation. It is a symbol of our identity. The trees connect us to our land, to a place, to a history and to past generations. They also link us to future generations, to our children and grandchildren. They represent the continuity of a nation and our rootedness in the land.”
- Ylenia GOSTOLI: "Gaza headed for 'environmental catastrophe'" (Al Jazeera, Aug 19, 2016): click here!
Water crisis in the besieged Palestinian territory is putting Palestinian lives at risk, analysts say.
- "Palestinian school under threat of demolition" (MAP, Aug 19, 2016): click here!
A report this week said that the school in the Bedouin community of Khan al Ahmar is reportedly facing demolition by the Israeli Government. A petition by a settler group to the Israeli High Court of Justice seeking to compel the Israeli Government to execute the demolition order on the school is under review. The State has requested for and has been granted an extension until the 23 August 2016.
- "Gaza power plant runs out of fuel amid longstanding electricity crisis" (Ma'an, Aug 18, 2016): click here!
The besieged Gaza Strip’s only power plant announced on Thursday that it was unable to operate on more than one generator after exhausting its fuel reserves.
- Sami ABU SALEM: "Thirsty Gaza" (AURDIP, Aug 17, 2016): click here!
Pollution, salinity and rationing are threatening Gaza’s water supply. In Jabalia Refugee Camp, north of Gaza, children and old women carrying plastic bottles gather near water taps to fill them with drinking water from a newly established artesian well set up by the municipality.
- Noé GAREL: "Israël multiplie les démolitions en Cisjordanie" (La Croix, Aug 16, 2016): click here!
La représentante du bureau du Haut-Commissariat des droits de l’homme de l’ONU, Natalie Grove, évoque un « environnement hautement coercitif » dans ce périmètre de la Cisjordanie sous contrôle israélien. À ses yeux, les pressions des autorités pousseraient les Palestiniens à quitter la zone C. Elle qualifie cette politique de « transfert forcé », qui s’assimile à « une grande violation des conventions de Genève ».
- Arik ASCHERMAN: "Idolatry and Causeless Hatred in War Against Susya, Umm Al-Hiran, El-Araqib and Umm Al-Khir" (The Times of Israel, Aug 15, 2016): click here!
Today we observed the Tisha B’Av fast. Our sages taught that the First Temple was destroyed because of bloodshed, idolatry and sexual crimes. The Second Temple was destroyed because of causeless hatred. Susya is one of the many Palestinian communities on both sides of the Green Line today facing destruction, expulsion and dispossession.
- "Sussia Means Israel Must End Its Policy of Relocating Palestinians" (Haaretz, Aug 14, 2016): click here!
The residents of the West Bank village are awaiting whether Israel’s hard-line defense minister gives them a chance not to be uprooted.
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Why Israeli NGOs are shifting tactics to stop village demolition" (Al Monitor, Aug 12, 2016): click here!
On Aug. 13, Israeli and international human rights organizations will hold another round of protest activities in the Khirbet Susya village in the West Bank in the South Hebron Hills. The activists, who view the Susya campaign as their life work, have recently learned that their protests have borne fruit: The US administration, as well as the European Union and Britain, warned Israel not to demolish the village and expel its residents.
- "Israeli forces demolishes Palestinian structures across West Bank, assault locals" (Ma'an, Aug 9, 2016): click here!
Israeli authorities carried out multiple demolitions across the occupied West Bank on Tuesday morning, including residential structures funded by the European Union, in the midst of an unprecedented campaign targeting Palestinian homes, business, and agricultural structures under the pretext of lacking building permits which are nearly impossible to obtain.
- Jamal DAJANI: "Deconstructing Netanyahu’s Settlement Myth" (Huffington Post, Aug 7, 2016): click here!
For years, Israeli politicians exploited the phrase "ein partner" (there is no partner) in order to dodge substantive peace negotiations with the Palestinians. These days, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu keeps repeating that it’s “a myth that Israeli construction in the West Bank is an obstacle to peace.” But as we know, simply repeating something doesn’t make it true; reality shows that the settlements are precisely that - a major impediment to peace.
- "PLO: Leasing private Palestinian land an Israeli move to 'swallow' West Bank" (Ma'an, Aug 6, 2016): click here!
The Palestine Liberation Organization’s (PLO) National Bureau to Defend Land released a statement Saturday warning of the “dangerous” consequences of Israel's policy of legalizing illegal settlement outposts in the occupied West Bank, in response to recent recommendations by an Israeli government committee seeking to relocated evacuees of the Amona outpost to privately-owned Palestinian land.
- "How much Palestinian land do Israeli settlements really eat up?" (MEMo, Aug 4, 2016): click here!
The Israeli government and its supporters routinely play down the significance of West Bank settlements as an obstacle to peace with the Palestinians. One recent example of this came from a Jewish Agency spokesperson, who tweeted: “Jewish communities in the West Bank take up under 2% of the land; that is, over 98% of the West Bank contains no Jewish residents at all.”
- Yotam BERGER: "Secret 1970 Document Confirms First West Bank Settlements Built on a Lie" (Haaretz, July 28, 2016): click here!
In minutes of meeting in then-defense minister Moshe Dayan’s office, top Israeli officials discussed how to violate international law in building settlement of Kiryat Arba, next to Hebron.
- Robert FANTINA: "Israel Lines Its Pockets With Palestinian Aid — And The US Helps Israel Keep It That Way" MintPress News, July 25, 2016): click here!
Complicity with Israel’s occupation and corruption in Mr. Abbas’ PA play into another major roadblock on Palestine’s path to recovery: International funds meant for reconstruction efforts in Gaza and other forms of humanitarian aid are routinely diluted by Israel.
- "UNRWA: "Statement on Hebron Closures" (UNRWA, July 25, 2016): click here!
UNRWA is deeply concerned about the humanitarian impact of the closure applied by the Israeli authorities in the Hebron district, affecting in particular Fawwar refugee camp.
- Basman ALASHI: "My Gaza hospital was destroyed. Why has the world stayed silent?" (The National, July 23, 2016): click here!
Two years ago, my hospital was destroyed. It was the only dedicated rehabilitation hospital in Gaza, a modern centre of care with 80 beds, a therapeutic garden and state-of-the-art equipment. Our patients are among Gaza’s most vulnerable residents; many are paralysed, some need round-the-clock care.
- "Report: 81 Gaza fishermen arrested during first half of 2016 " (MEMo, July 22, 2016): click here!
Israeli forces have arrested 81 Palestinian fishermen near the Gaza Strip during the first half of 2016, a new report revealed yesterday. The Palestinian Prisoners’ Centre for Studies said Israeli authorities deliberately target Gaza’s fishermen by shooting them or destroying their boats to further impose the blockade.
- Charlotte SILVER: "Intimate portraits of Gaza’s lost" (The Electronic Intifada, July 19, 2016): click here!
Obliterated Families is a newly released multimedia project produced by photographer Anne Paq and journalist Ala Qandil. Two years in the making, it profiles ten families from Gaza partially or entirely annihilated during the Israeli bombardment in the summer of 2014.
- "5 Palestinians injured with live fire during Israeli demolition of prisoner's home" (Ma'an, July 18, 2016): click here!
Five Palestinian civilians were injured by Israeli live fire during the pre-dawn hours of Monday, as Israeli forces carried out the punitive home demolition of Palestinian prisoner Bilal Ahmed Abu Zeid.
- Sarah ALGHERBAWI: "Life turned upside down in Gaza"(The Internet Intifada, July 15, 2016): click here!
Inas Abu Muhadi cannot understand that she will never see her dad again.
She remembers that her dad had a scooter. And each time she hears one, she expects to see her dad arriving home.
- Jalal ABUKHATER: "City of Fear" [Jerusalem] (The Internet Intifada, July 14, 2016): click here!
A few days ago, I was driving through Qalandiya checkpoint for the first time since I came back to Jerusalem. My dad, sitting next to me, had to yell “stop here!” at me as I was queuing behind a car at the checkpoint. "You’re too close,” he said, “stop and wait for them to call you, otherwise they’ll shoot you and not even care.”
- Pierre BARBANCEY: "Israël utiliserait le DIME, une arme particulièrement effroyable"(Humanité, Juillet 13, 2016): click here!
Selon un chirurgien norvégien venu aider ses confrères à Gaza, l’armée israélienne lance des bombes DIME. Les blessures provoquées sont quasiment incurables et conduisent généralement à l’amputation. Nous l’avons constaté à l’hôpital al-Chifa de Gaza.
- "PCBS reports Palestinian population growth to 4.81 million" (Ma'an, July 11, 2016): click here!
On the occasion of International Population Day on Monday, the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS) revealed new data about the population in the occupied Palestinian territory, which it said now totaled 4.81 million people 2016.
- Tamar FLESICHMAN: "IN PHOTOS: A life of constant dread for one Palestinian village" (+972, July 9, 2016): click here!
The West Bank village of Hizma, surrounded entirely by the separation wall, is the victim of daily harassment by the army and the police. That hasn’t stopped the residents from opening their homes and businesses to Israeli Jews — even the settlers who live next door.
- "On anniversary, 900 Gazans remain in need of care for injuries sustained in 2014 war" (Ma'an, July 7, 2016): click here!
Some 900 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip continue to require medical attention as a result of permanent disabilities they sustained during Israel’s devastating 51-day assault on the small territory that began on July 8, 2014, according to UNRWA, the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees.
- Amjad ALQASIS: "Separation and conquest: Israel’s ideological barrier" (Mondoweiss, July 7, 2016): click here!
In 2002 the Israeli Government decided to construct “a barrier” separating the West Bank and Israel with the declared purpose of improving the security of Israel by preventing Palestinians from entering Israel without first being cleared at a checkpoint.
- Gidi WEITZ & Jack KHOURY: "Will Marwan Barghouti be the Palestinian Nelson Mandela?" (Haaretz, July 5, 2016): click here!
Nearly a decade and a half after he began serving multiple life sentences for his role in the killings of the second intifada, Marwan Barghouti is still seen – among most Palestinians, many Israelis and world leaders – as the man who could lead his people to independence. Through a mediator, Barghouti tells Haaretz that he remains a staunch proponent of the two-state solution and that he intends to run for Palestinian president should elections be held.
- Gideon LEVY: "After Shooting a Palestinian With Down Syndrome, Israeli Soldiers Fled Without Looking Back" (Haaretz, July 2, 2016): click here!
Eyewitnesses say Arif Jaradat, 23, did not endanger anyone when he was shot by Israeli troops. Jaradat, loved by all the children in his village, died of his injuries last week.
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Turkey-Israel deal leaves Gaza siege intact" (The Electronic Intifada, June 27, 2016): click here!
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip expressed anger and dismay on Monday about the deal normalizing relations between Israel and Turkey that leaves them under a suffocating siege. An Israeli human rights group that monitors the decade-old Israeli blockade of Gaza has also confirmed that the deal does not end Israel’s tight control over the territory that has greatly exacerbated the devastation to Gaza’s economy and society from three major Israeli military assaults since 2008.
- "Environ 42 % des résidents de la Cisjordanie et de la bande de Gaza sont des réfugiés " (Pour la Palestine, 22 juin, 2016): click here!
Quelque 41,6 % des résidents palestiniens de l’État de Palestine sont des réfugiés, a rapporté hier le Bureau central palestinien de la statistique (PCBS), peut-on lire dans Quds Press.
- "Stand Up for Sussia and Against Israel's Demolition of Palestinian Villages" (Haaretz Editorial, June 21, 2016): click here!
Settler groups and their lawmakers have been pushing for more demolitions as part of their plan to annex Area C. It's not only Sussia and other villages that are at risk, but the possibility of a Palestinian state itself.
- Amira HASS: "‘Israel Plans to Destroy Only Water Source of Shepherds in West Bank Village" (Haaretz, June 18, 2016): click here!
This, despite the fact that Israel’s coordinator of government activities in the territories (to which the Civil Administration is subordinate) promised representatives of international agencies that there would be no demolitions during the month of Ramadan, except for structures built during this time, Haaretz has learned.
- Ben EHRENREICH: "How Israel Is Inciting Palestinian Violence" (Politico, June 14, 2016): click here!
Inside the oppressive and far-reaching occupation designed to give Palestinians the “feeling of being chased.”
- Tine DANCKAERS: "‘Een hele Palestijnse generatie is letterlijk in een geblokkeerd leven opgegroeid’" (MO*, 14 juni, 2016): click here!
Deze maand gaat de Israëlische blokkade van de Gazastrook zijn trieste tiende jaar in. Maar de Israëlische krijtlijnen voor het huidige in- en uitreisverbod voor mensen en goederen lagen al langer vast dan 2007. Dat zegt de Gazaanse mensenrechtenactivist Mahmoud Abu-Rahma.
- "49 facts about Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip" (MEMo, June 10, 2016): click here!
This week marked the 49th anniversary of Israel’s military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. So here are 49 facts about a military regime that has lasted almost half a century.
- "Squandered Aid: New report documents Israel’s repetitive destruction of EU-funded projects in Palestine " (Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, June 6, 2016): click here!
Geneva - Damage to European Union-funded projects in Palestine during Israeli attacks and other incursions is nothing new. However, a new report from the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor finds that following the EU’s move last year to label Israeli settlement products, the number of union-funded projects demolished or confiscated by Israel increased dramatically.
For the full report (pdf, 20p.): click here!
- Charlotte SILVER: "Israel has destroyed $74 million (dollar) worth of EU projects" (The Electronic Intifada, June 5, 2016): click here!
An $11-million farming project in the Jordan Valley, a $61,200 playground near Nablus and an elementary school serving a Bedouin community east of Jerusalem: all have been destroyed by Israel. These are just a few examples of the at least 150 European-funded structures in the occupied West Bank that Israel demolished in the first three months of 2016.
- Ariel Ben SOLOMON: "Sharp drop in granting of citizenship to Jerusalem's Arabs" (The Jerusalem Post, June 5, 2016): click here!
Over the past decade, 2,641 of the 7,168 applications were approved, for an acceptance rate of 36.8 percent. By contrast, in 2015 the acceptance rate was 2.9 percent.
- Paige BROWNLOW: "The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development: Sara Roy" (Informed Comment, June 2, 2016): click here!
“The De-development of the Gaza Strip has arguably reached its logical conclusion with the current, increasingly distorted, reconfiguration of economic activity,” says renowned political economist and Harvard scholar, Dr. Sara Roy.
- "4 Palestinian villages torn apart by illegal Israeli settlement" (Palestinian Information Center, May 30, 2016): click here!
Israeli military bulldozers in Salfit leveled four ancient Palestinian historical villages in favor of an illegal settlement, locals said Monday.
- "Israeli demolitions displace 49 in Bedouin community visited by UK MPs" (MAP, May 18, 2016): click here!
On Monday, Israeli security forces demolished a number homes in Jabal al Baba, a Bedouin community in Area C of the West Bank, close to East Jerusalem. They reportedly arrived at 5am, and disassembled seven EU-donated homes and confiscated materials for another three, displacing 49 Palestinians, including 22 children.
- "It's Been a Decade. Open Gaza, the Palestinian Ghetto" (Haaretz Editorial, May 17, 2016): click here!
The closure of Gaza hasn't stopped the rockets or led to the overthrow of Hamas. Meanwhile, Israel uses it as a bargaining chip, knowing full well that justifications of security are meaningless.
- “Israel Controls More than 85% of the Land of Historical Palestine” (Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, May 15, 2016): click here!
The number of Palestinians worldwide has multiplied about nine-fold — Israel Controls More than 85% of the Land of Historical Palestine.
- Nada ELIA: "Palestinians on Nakba Day 2016 — Defiant, Undeterred and Organizing" (Mondoweiss, May 13, 2016): click here!
Israel’s oppression of the Palestinian people seems indeed relentless. The gloves have come off, the masquerade of the peace talks is finally seen by most as a futile waste of time, as Israel bares its unadorned face as an expansionist settler-colonial state. Thus the new deputy foreign minister recently declared “this land is ours. All of it is ours,” while a growing number of Israeli politicians finally acknowledge what Palestinians have been saying for years: it is apartheid.
- *Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017).
- "Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).
- Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).
- Emily MULDER: "Israel's privatisation of a 'shoot-to-kill policy' against Palestinians" (Middle East Eye, May 11, 2016): click here!
Private security guards shot dead two Palestinians at Qalandiya crossing. But due to their contractor status, no one has been held accountable.
- "Israëlische vernielingen van Palestijnse eigendommen: tijd voor Europese actie" (Knack, 7 mei, 2016): click here!
Slopingen zijn geen nieuw fenomeen in bezet Palestijns gebied, maar een essentieel onderdeel van het wrede leven onder de bijna 50 jaar durende Israëlische bezetting. De schaal van de afgelopen maanden is echter ongezien, schrijft 11.11.11.Version en français (.docx): "Destructions israéliennes de biens palestiniens : temps pour l’action européenne", cliquez ici.
- Allison DEGER: "Meet the private contractors manning Israel’s checkpoints" (Mondoweiss, May 5, 2016): click here!
An Israeli investigation has revealed a 23-year old Palestinian woman and her 16-year old brother were killed last week at an army checkpoint in Jerusalem by civilian security contractors, not soldiers.
- Michael Schaeffer OMER-MAN: "The incremental annexation of Palestine" (+972, May 4, 2016): click here!
Israel’s justice minister announces a plan to apply Israeli law to parts of the West Bank, or in other words, annexation. By taking an incremental approach, she stands a pretty good chance of succeeding. Success, however, will expose the true nature of Israel’s discriminatory regime.
- "On May Day in Palestine, High Unemployment and Harsh Working Conditions" (The Palestine Chronicle, May 1, 2016): click here!
As the world marks International Workers’ Day (May Day), laborers in the Palestinian territory continue to suffer from soaring unemployment, poverty, and other dire working conditions.
- Mohammed OMER: "Gaza's fishermen risking Israeli bullets to bring home daily catch" (Middle East Eye, April 30, 2016): click here!
Palestinian fishing crews are coming under fire from patrol boats on a regular basis, despite recent extension of permitted trawling zone.
- Ingrid JARADAT: "New UN database of companies complicit in Israel's occupation" (The Hill, April 20, 2016): click here!
Israel’s relentlessly expanding settlement enterprise has had an enormous detrimental impact on the lives of millions of Palestinians. We have had our land stolen, our homes and crops destroyed, and our towns and villages cut off from one another and the outside world, turned into easily-controlled Bantustans divided by Israeli settlements, military bases, walls, and Israeli-only roads. In effect, Israel has created an apartheid colonial regime where Palestinians under occupation have no rights while Israeli settlers living nearby enjoy all the right and privileges of Israeli citizenship.
- "Netanyahu: Israeli army to continue incursions in Area A" (Ma'an, 21 avril, 2016): click here!
In spite of recent talks with Palestinian officials, Israeli armed forces will continue to intervene in parts of the occupied West Bank under full Palestinian Authority (PA) control, high-ranking Israeli officials said on Wednesday.
- Franklin SPINNEY: "The Palestinian Question: Why the Two-State Solution is Kaput". Water and the Creeping Annexation of the West Bank (CounterPunch, 20 April, 2016): click here!
- Adnan ABU AMER: "Does Israel have justification to enter West Bank's Area A?" (Al Monitor, April 14, 2016): click here!
Israel does not seem inclined to halt its hot pursuits against Palestinian fugitives anytime soon, amid the ongoing intifada and the helpless PA’s failure to end it or contain it, neither politically nor militarily. As a result, what is remaining of the PA’s imaginary sovereignty over the West Bank, as per the Oslo Accord, is gradually waning.
- Munir NUSEIBAH: "Israel’s Dangerous New Transfer Tactic in Jerusalem" (Al Shabaka, April 12, 2016): click here!
Israel is adept at creating new Palestinian refugees and internally displaced persons, taking advantage of every opportunity to do so and exploiting temporary crises to promote permanent measures.
- Amira HASS: "Corrupt Palestinian Officials Too Comfortable to Resist the Israeli Occupation " (Haaretz, April 11, 2016): click here!
Palestinians don’t need the Panama Papers to expose what they see as corruption in the ranks of their leaders — there is visible concrete evidence of it everywhere.
- "Five Palestinians Detained and Tortured by the Palestinian Security Forces" (Addameer, April 11, 2016): click here!
Addameer considers the actions of the Palestinian Security Forces to be in contravention with the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) as well as the Convention Against Torture (CAT), both of which the Palestinian Authority is a party.
- David PALUMBO-LIU: "Brutal, ugly & illegal: 9 things you need to know about the Israeli occupation of Palestine" (Salon, April 10, 2016): click here!
As this story goes to press, the American Anthropological Association is voting on an academic boycott resolution in solidarity with the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement.
- "No olives for Palestine: Israel's latest barrier-building" (The New Arab, April 8, 2016): click here!
Israel has started construction on a new part of its controversial separation barrier which would isolate Palestinian communities from their olive groves in the occupied West Bank. The construction began with the lifting of several eight-metre-high blocks expected to complete the 670km (420 mile) barrier.
- "77,000 Jewish settlers to move to new illegal West Bank settlements" (MEMo, April 5, 2016): click here!
Some 77,000 Jewish settlers are due to be relocated to illegal Israeli settlements around the occupied West Bank city of Ramallah, an Israeli rights group revealed yesterday.
- Gideon LEVY: "Hebron Murder Was No Exception, but the Inevitable Result" (Haaretz, March 27, 2016: click here!
It’s the present and the future. It’s impossible to maintain the occupation without such murders, their number will only mount.
- Steven SALAITA: "The Native American model of Palestine’s future" (The Electronic Intifada, March 10, 2016: click here!
Comparison of Native Americans and Palestinians has become increasingly common. Thus arises a corresponding need to assess the problems and prospects of comparative analysis. Because I teach American Indian and Indigenous Studies in the Arab World, I’ve been thinking frequently about how we might productively engage Natives from spaces of Palestine solidarity.
- Philip WEISS: "‘We wasted 40 years talking about nothing, doing nothing’ — Pappe demolishes peace process" (Monoweiss, March 4, 2016: click here!
For decades, intellectuals tried and failed to explain the root of the conflict as a settler-colonial project. Now at last that paradigm has come into fashion in academia; and it is acute and powerful, and helps explain the relevance of Palestine to the Middle East and the world at large.
- Yesh Din, written by Yossi Gurvitz: "Shhhhhh, we’re annexing" (+972, Feb 27, 2016)): click here!
A new position paper by human rights organization Yesh Din looks at steps being taken by the Israeli government toward the de facto annexation of the West Bank.
- Barbara ERICKSON: "When Israel’s bulldozers escape our attention" (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 22, 2016)): click here!
OCHA field reports indicate that during 2015, the Israeli army destroyed some 170 housing units in Area C and East Jerusalem, along with shops and other commercial facilities. Israel razed orchards, burned wheat fields and demolished cisterns, wells, an elementary school (donor built), a greenhouse, a plant nursery, workshops, stores, outdoor kitchens, latrines, rest shelters and more.
- Adri NIEUWHOF: "South African water conference called off amid protest at Israel’s role" (The Electronic Intifada, Feb 19, 2016)): click here!
About 80 percent of all water drilled in the West Bank’s Jordan Valley is consumed by Israel and its settlements, all of which are illegal under international law. Many Palestinian wells and springs have dried up due to deep water drillings by Israel’s national water company Mekorot and agri-food companies.
- Ine ROOX: "Israël drijft sloop EU-projecten fors op" (De Standaard, 14 feb, 2016): click here!
‘Het is behoorlijk frustrerend’, reageert een Europese bron. ‘Dat Israël projecten en structuren in zone C van de Westelijke Jordaanoever vernielt, is niets nieuws, maar het gebeurt veel meer uitgesproken dan vroeger’.
- Engelbert LUITSZ: "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" (Alexandrina, 14 feb, 2016): click here!
Drie Palestijnse kinderen zijn vandaag vermoord en een meisje liet men bijna doodbloeden, nadat mensen die te hulp kwamen met geweld werden verwijderd. Of zij het zal overleven is nog maar de vraag.
- "EP Delegation Calls for Immediate End to Israeli Settlements, Demolitions" (IMEMC, Feb 13, 2016): click here!
The European Parliament (EP’s) Delegation for relations with Palestine, expressed alarm at the deteriorating situation on the ground, calling for an immediate stop to Israeli expansion of settlements, and demolitions, said a press statement by EP delegation... On 18 January Foreign Ministers in the Council conclusions confirmed the EU's firm opposition to Israel's settlement policy and actions taken in this context, including demolitions and confiscation, evictions, forced transfers or restrictions of movement and access.
- "Israeli Soldiers Open Fire On Gaza Farmers And Fishers" (IMEMC, Feb 8, 2016): click here!
The soldiers, stationed behind the border fence, east of the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza, fired dozens of rounds of live ammunition into Palestinian farmlands, forcing the Palestinians to leave. In addition, Israeli navy ships fired several live rounds on Palestinian fishing boats, in the Sudaniyya area, in Gaza, causing significant damage to at least one boat, and forcing the fishers back to shore.
- "100 days of collective punishment for Hebron residentss" (International Solidarity Movement, Feb 7, 2016): click here!
February 8th marks one hundred days since Israeli forces declared the Tel Rumeida neighborhood and the adjacent portion of Shuhada Street a “closed military zone,” requiring residents to register with the Israeli military and be assigned numbers in order to be allowed to access their homes while all other Palestinians and international human rights defenders are barred from entering the area. On February 5th the Israeli military issued an order officially extending the closed military zone until the 1st of March, with the possibility for further renewal.
- Gilles DEVERS: "Israël détruit les maisons palestiniennes financées par l’Europe : Les citoyens européens doivent réagir" (blog Actualités du droit, 3 février 2016): click here!
Tout ceci relève de la Cour pénale internationale, mais hélas, l’Autorité palestinienne a décidé de ne rien faire à part des discours, et elle refuse obstinément de déposer plainte devant la Cour. Elle entretient la culture de l’impunité, préférant gérer les subventions européennes que défendre la souveraineté palestinienne...
- Ghada AGEEL: "Gaza under siege: The conditions of slavery" (Middle East Eye, Jan 19, 2016): click here!
When 70 percent of the Palestinian population “live in conditions in which their freedom, honour, physical integrity, capacity to work, acquire property, marry and, more generally, plan for the future are alienated to the will and power of their Israeli masters, these conditions can only be named by their proper name: conditions of slavery.”
- Miko PELED: "The emperor has no clothes: The West Bank, settlements and the two State Solution " (American Herald Tribune, Jan 30, 2016): click here!
Sadly, over the last seventy years Israel has had many successes at the expense of the Palestinian people. But the one success that is the most remarkable is getting Palestinians and the world to buy into the notion that the occupation of Palestine began in 1967, and that therefore, the solution to the Palestinian question is what is known as the two State Solution. This is a manipulation of reality that would make any magician proud.
- Engelbert LUITSZ: "Wanneer komt de volgende aanval op Gaza?" (Alexandrina, 29 jan 2016): click here!
De Palestijnen fungeren als de kanarie in de kolenmijn. Zolang er nog verzet is, is er leven. Zij tonen – voor wie de moeite neemt te kijken naar wat er echt gebeurt in Palestina – een beeld van een verstikkende overheerser. Zij tonen vooral de mentaliteit, het sadisme en de schaamteloze propaganda op een concrete wijze. Zij tonen het menselijk lijden als direct gevolg van een bezetter die zelfs zijn plicht als bezetter niet nakomt, namelijk het garanderen van de veiligheid in de bezette gebieden.
- Gideon LEVY: "Hating the Occupation, Not the Jews" (Haaretz, Jan 29, 2016): click here!
They set out to stab or run people over by car because they’re conquerors. They set out to kill their conquerors. They chose violence as a means of resisting a more pernicious violence, that of the occupation. They wanted to hurt Israelis, especially soldiers and settlers, because of the occupation, not because they’re Jewish. Their Jewishness has nothing to do with it. For the Palestinians, there’s no difference between a soldier who’s Jewish, Druze or Bedouin and a settler from the tribe of Menashe... The thought that dozens of Palestinians have already set out to commit spontaneous acts of stabbing or car-ramming, with hundreds, maybe thousands or tens of thousands considering doing the same, should have provoked some thinking in Israel. Not the thinking of a victim who is being attacked again, but a consideration of what drives desperate children and adults to do this, in the knowledge that their chances of survival are slim. But this might only raise questions that Israelis run away from as is from a fire.
- Eyal PRESS: "When ‘Made in Israel’ Is a Human Rights Abuse" (The New York Times, Jan 26, 2016): click here!
...The more the line between Israel and the occupied territories is blurred, the more likely the rest of the world will be to question the legitimacy of not just the settlements but Israel itself. In the long run, this will not prevent Israel from being depicted as a pariah state, but instead will provide powerful ammunition to those who see it as such.
- Ramzy BAROUD: "Gaza Speaks: This is What the Decade-long Siege Has Done to Us" (The Palestine Chronicle, Jan 26, 2016): click here!
Whenever Mariam Aljamal’s children hear the sound of thunder at night, they wet their beds. Their reaction is almost instinctive, and is shared by a large number of children throughout the Gaza Strip.
- Ben WHITE: "Why Israel invented the concept of ‘settlement blocs’" (Middle East Eye, Jan 25, 2016): click here!
The irony is that "settlement blocs" are cited by Israeli officials and apologists as evidence of the feasibility of a viable Palestinian state, when in fact, their establishment on the ground has been designed to preclude precisely that scenario. The creation of the concept must not be allowed to confuse: the "blocs"must be seen for what they are.
- Léopold LAMBERT: "Towards a Post-Apartheid Palestine: Atlas of the Israeli Settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem" (The Funambulist, Jan 22, 2016): click here!
The following Atlas is therefore less the inventory of evidences of the current state of apartheid — although it clearly shows an important part of its materialization — than a toolbox to imagine a post-apartheid Palestine scenario in which the problem/opportunity constituted by the settlement can be fully investigated.
- "Israel affirms plans to grab Palestinian land in West Bank" (presstv.com, Jan 21, 2016): click here!
The Israeli regime has confirmed plans to seize a large tract of fertile Palestinian land for the purpose of expanding its illegal settlement construction in the occupied West Bank.
- "Special Focus: A Review of the Situation in the OPT in 2015 " (Al-Haq, Jan 20, 2016): click here!
In 2015, Israel’s intentions towards the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT) and the Palestinian population were made clear through the unabashed extreme rhetoric of government officials and a deepening of various practices that violate Palestinian rights.
- "UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016): click here!
Today, the Coordinator for Humanitarian and UN Development Activities for the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt), Robert Piper, and the Director of UNRWA Operations West Bank, Felipe Sanchez, called for an immediate end to Israeli plans to transfer Palestinian Bedouin currently living within the occupied Palestinian territory in the Jerusalem area.
- Sergio YAHNI: "Hebron: land, settlements and settlers" (alternativenews.org, Jan 19, 2016): click here!
Constant friction with the Israeli army and settlers has transformed Hebron into the centre of Palestinian resistance.
- "HRW calls on businesses to withdraw from Israeli settlements" (Ma'an News Agency, Jan 19, 2016): click here!
The international rights group said in a statement that Israel's violations of Palestinian rights -- as well as international humanitarian law -- were "intrinsic to abusive, harmful, and longstanding policies in the West Bank."
- Robert FANTINA: "From Banned Crayons To Concrete, Gaza Struggles To Rebuild After A Decade Of Israeli Blockade" (MintPress News, Jan 14, 2016): click here!
In addition to essential building supplies like boards and concrete, Israel’s blocked crayons, soccer balls, musical instruments and even potato chips from entering Gaza.
- Jonathan COOK: "Why Israel has silenced the 1948 story of Nazareth’s survival" (Mondoweiss, Jan 12, 2016): click here!
A rarely told story of the 1948 war that founded Israel concerns Nazareth’s survival. It is the only Palestinian city in what is today Israel that was not ethnically cleansed during the year-long fighting. Other cities, such as Jaffa, Lydd, Ramleh, Haifa and Acre, now have small Palestinian populations that mostly live in ghetto-like conditions in what have become Jewish cities. Still others, like Tiberias and Safad, have no Palestinians left in them at all.
- Charlotte SILVER: "Jerusalem children squeezed out of school by Israeli discrimination" (The Electronic Intifada, 3 Jan, 2016): click here!
Every year, around 300 boys in the Jabal al-Mukabir neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem complete middle school and are ready to advance to the next grade. But fewer than half of them are able to find a spot in the only secondary school in the neighborhood, Sakhnin High School. Many just drop out altogether.
- Chaim LEVINSON: "2,026 Settlement Homes Built on Private Palestinian Land, Right-wing Study Finds" (Haaretz, May 3, 2015): click here!
Study conducted in support of possible legislation to expropriate land from Palestinians in exchange for reparations.
- Ibrahim SHIKAKI & Joanna SPRINGER: "Building a Failed State: Palestine’s Governance and Economy Delinked" (Al-Shabaka, April 21, 2015): click here!
Since its inception, the Palestinian Authority (PA) has been heavily handicapped. Israel not only failed to transfer control over the powers and resources necessary for governance: It effectively transferred the burden of governance to the PA.
- "One Rule, Two Legal Systems: Israel’s Regime of Laws in the West Bank". A New Report from the Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), Nov 24, 2014: click here!
A new report published by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI) outlines the nature of the legal regime currently operating in the West Bank. Two systems of law are applied in a single territory: one – a civilian legal system for Israeli citizens, and a second – a military court system for Palestinian residents. The result: institutionalized discrimination.
- Paola MANDUCA, Iain CHALMERS, Derek SUMMERFIELD, Mads GILBERT, Swee ANG e.a.: "An open letter for the people in Gaza" (The Lancet, 23 July, 2014: click here!
We are doctors and scientists, who spend our lives developing means to care and protect health and lives. We are also informed people; we teach the ethics of our professions, together with the knowledge and practice of it. We all have worked in and known the situation of Gaza for years.
Voor het archief klik hier!
- *Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017).
- "Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).
- Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).
- Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016).
- "A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016).
- "Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016).
- "Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).
- Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016).
- "Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).
- Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016).
- "After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).
- Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).
- Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).
- Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).
- Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).
- Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016).
- "Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016).
- "UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).
- Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).
- Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).
- C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).
- Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).
- Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).
- Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).
- Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).
- Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).
- Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).
- Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).
- Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).
- Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).
- Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).
- Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015).
- "Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).
- Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015).
- "Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).
- Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).
- Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."
- Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).